Wilderness Lodge - Yosemite VP Suite

Dvelez3329

Original Poster
Hi,

We are staying in this suite in February. I have been trying to find information and photos on the suite, but for some reason there isn't a lot of info on the reimagined suite. Anyone stayed here before? What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Thank you in advance :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hi,

We are staying in this suite in February. I have been trying to find information and photos on the suite, but for some reason there isn't a lot of info on the reimagined suite. Anyone stayed here before? What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Welcome to the WDW Magic!

The fact that you can't find much information on it means there's a definite gap in information available... which means you'd be doing the Disneysphere a great service by posting photos and your impressions when you get back from your trip!
Now for the opinion piece...

We love WL, especially in colder months. It feels natural to stay in a huge Northwest Territory-themed resort when it's a bit chilly outside.

Personally, I can't see paying Disney's prices for any of their suites... when the four of us go, we just get two rooms in whichever resort we're staying--connecting when available, but adjacent if not--and we each get our own nice, big, comfy bed and only have to share the bath with one other person.

Dvelez3329

Original Poster
Thank you so much for your response. We are definitely on the same page about the photos and documentation on the room. I will update once I stay in Feb.

I know what you mean about the prices for the suites. OUCH! I am only able to stay in this room because of the generous military rate Disney has.

Jahona

I believe the suites are themed similarly with just a few items changed.

This is one of the more recent videos I could find.

And for grins here's a home video from 1994 of the suite when it first opened

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Hi,

I had no idea that the suite existed! How did you get a reservation there?

Dvelez3329

Original Poster
To be honest I hadn't heard of it either. LOL! I called regarding the rooms available for the military rate. I mentioned that it was our anniversary so I was looking for something special and they mentioned this was available. I wasn't sure about it so I booked the Contemporary Atrium Club Level Theme Park View just to get the booking in and I thought about it over night. The next morning I called and asked if this suite was still available and the operator was like - wait what? LOL! It was like she didn't have any idea it was there either. I checked TouringPlans.com and it's there. I ended up booking it blindly because there is so little out there on this suite. I will definitely post photos and videos.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
To be honest I hadn't heard of it either. LOL! I called regarding the rooms available for the military rate. I mentioned that it was our anniversary so I was looking for something special and they mentioned this was available. I wasn't sure about it so I booked the Contemporary Atrium Club Level Theme Park View just to get the booking in and I thought about it over night. The next morning I called and asked if this suite was still available and the operator was like - wait what? LOL! It was like she didn't have any idea it was there either. I checked TouringPlans.com and it's there. I ended up booking it blindly because there is so little out there on this suite. I will definitely post photos and videos.

That's awesome! Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. I was watching videos of the suite earlier. Definitely going to have to try it in the future.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
You probably already know about this, but since you're eligible, make sure you get the Military Promotional tickets through your local base ITT/MWR Tickets and Tours office. It's a great discount, and they have multiple options available. It takes my local office about 2 weeks from order to arrival.

You can wait and buy them there, but you'll want them on your account as soon as possible so you can make your 60-day out FP+s. You'll also pay sales tax if you buy them from Disney. No tax if you get them from SoG. MacDill AFB in Tampa has a great ITT office, and I understand there's an office somewhere in Orlando over by the airport.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Wow! they offered that to me recently without the military discount....ha...not. So I have been in that suite twice to see it and in our Fall 2016 trip it was being used for the club level lounge so much of the décor had been removed. It is NOT like other suites it was very deluxe with a kitchen and unique furniture not at all like the deluxe suites otherwise. I am not certain if it was just restored when the CL lounge was complete or refurbished. The views are awesome because its on the wraparound corner of the first wing across from waterfall. You can actually go outside on a balcony with awesome views. It had a deluxe bathroom and generous living area with kitchen, dining area....and think two bedrooms? WOOHOO! Have fun and yes by all means report back with pictures please! :happy:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Waiting for February with bated breath.....:happy:
Watch out for flying fish, then...
1544625896317.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom