Trip Report **COMPLETED** We're 3 happy chappies, with snappy serapes. You'll find us beneath our sombreros! Sept 2018

*Record scratch* *Freeze frame*
tenor.gif

Yep, that's me. So you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

Long story short... I'm no longer at Disney World :cry: Kaitlyn and I returned home last Thursday and have been settling into our new place and finally only got wi-fi yesterday. For those of you who didn't get around to reading my pre-trip report, my friend Kaitlyn and I moved into our first apartment a couple weeks ago, just a few days before we left on our trip to Disney. She moved from Saskatchewan to my hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We have been to Disney together once before in April 2015 in celebration of our graduation from University (along with 2 other friends). Kaitlyn has been back once since then, and I have been back to the World a few times since, including my family trip in February which my sister @krause wrote about.

Here's a quick review:
Who: Myself (Emily) and my friend, Kaitlyn. Here we are with the Big Cheese himself.
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413302986965.JPG

Now, you may be thinking, “she says there’s only two people on the trip, but her title references the 3 caballeros”. Not to worry! We’ll get to that.
What: Pure, unadulterated Disney fun!
When: Thursday, September 13, 2018 to Thursday, September 20, 2018
Where: B Resort and Spa (a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel with EMH and bus system).
Why: For fun, mainly. It was also a great way to kick off our being roommates!
How: With determination and by emptying our wallets :hilarious:

Our travel day on September 13th started early. After finally falling asleep around midnight, we were up and at 'em at 3:40AM and in the taxi on the way to the airport by 4:10. We were very much looking forward to the change in weather.
IMG_8945.PNG
IMG_8947.PNG

Luckily, Winnipeg's airport is both small and near the centre of city so it only took us about 15 minutes to get there (we probably could have been there a minute earlier but had to stop for a skunk that was crossing the road! I really wish I had got a picture of this) and were through security by 4:48, through customs and at our gate by 5:15!
IMG_8948.JPG

IMG_8950.JPG

We made it to our layover in Minneapolis by about 8:00. Our flight to Orlando boarded and departed just after 9AM. And, finally, we landed in Orlando shortly after 1PM.
IMG_8953.JPG

Fonorail selfie!!
IMG_8955.JPG

Coming up: Our first-ever attempt at Uber… good or bad?

ELeigh

We hopped on the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. Between the Grand Floridian and the park, it was stalled for a few minutes so I snapped some pictures.
View attachment 331144
View attachment 331145
View attachment 331146
View attachment 331147
She's always so impressed with me:rolleyes::p

We got back to the park at about 12:15 and headed straight for our Splash Mountain FP. With our full bellies, we decided to take the MPB instead of walking. I guess we waited a while as I took several pictures.
View attachment 331148
View attachment 331149
View attachment 331150
View attachment 331151
View attachment 331152
View attachment 331153

I am dying to try Tonga Toast. I was thinking at Captain Cookes but darn this post makes me want to search for a Kona ADR.

AKemily

Original Poster
Glad we didn't have to wait in this line!
IMG_0427.JPG

This was the first or second day they were handing these out - they didn't have them our first two MK days. They are so cute! We were hoping they were selling them, but they were not. Should have grabbed a fistful:joyfull:
IMG_0429.JPG

*Sigh* I love this ride:inlove:
IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0447.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

And I love this show! Can't believe we waited until Day 7 for this one!
IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

Tears will be the chaser
For your wine
After you leave this heart
of mine

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I have a hard time deciding if this one or the Sun Bonnet Trio are my favourite. Mama Don't Whip Little Buford comes in an easy third:oops::hilarious:

This one is Kaitlyn's favourite.:D
IMG_0541.JPG

BlooooooooooooooOD on the saaaaaddlllllllllllllllllllle

Love it!

AKemily

Original Poster
I am dying to try Tonga Toast. I was thinking at Captain Cookes but darn this post makes me want to search for a Kona ADR.
Do it! It's a Disney favourite for so many people! You won't be disappointed :happy: However, if you don't care about the strawberry sauce apparently Captain Cookes has much cheaper Tonga Toast. Unfortunately, I can't speak for the atmosphere there.:confused:

AKemily

Original Poster
As we were exiting the Little Mermaid ride, I noticed some familiar faces. It was @riverside's sister, E, and her nephew, J! J was sleeping in the stroller and @riverside was nowhere to be seen. I mentioned to Kaitlyn that I knew those people from the forums but they didn't actually write them:p I decided my best move was to wait a couple minutes to see if @riverside got off the ride or not. We took a couple pictures and then Kaitlyn decided she would go look at the Beauty and the Beast store.
IMG_0582.JPG

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0585.JPG

While I was waiting outside the ride, a girl came off the ride with her friends and started explaining to them a nearby Hidden Mickey. Now, some (if not all) of you already knew this, but it blew my mind so I'm gonna share it anyway. Looking back now, it is super well framed in the pictures above as if I meant to do it, but I totally didn't realize it at the time.

Guys, I present to you... Steamboat Mickey!!!
IMG_0590.JPG

... Do you see it?

IMG_0590_LI.jpg

Mind blown. I feel like I had definitely noticed Mickey's hand with the wheel before and wondered what that was all about but I never put it together.

Anyway, this distracted me for a moment from the whole E & J situation, but I eventually noticed that there was no one around anymore, so I decided to go for it.

How do you approach strangers from the internet who probably know nothing about you? I did it like this:

"So... this is suuuper weird, but... I recognize you from your sister's trip reports." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

She was like, "... oh. Really?!" Hahaha but we actually had a nice conversation and I tried to convince her to read @riverside's stellar reports. She let me know that @riverside was currently riding Pooh. I was disappointed that I wouldn't get the chance to meet her but it was running very close to the end of the window for mine and Kaitlyn's next FP. I told her to say hi to @riverside and I headed to find Kaitlyn. As I said in @riverside's report, I did not take a picture with E&J because I didn't want to weird her out more than I already had :joyfull:I do hope I get to meet @riverside one day and I definitely kept a close eye out for her the rest of the day.

IMG_0593.JPG

We headed back to Frontierland for our next FP, which was BTMRR.
IMG_0595.JPG

Back row FTW!

And then I needed ice cream.
IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

We did something new for both of us after that. To be honest, it was mostly for the air conditioning.
IMG_0599.JPG

The Hall of Presidents was... good? I think it's just not the same when you're not American haha. And it is a bit weird when people around you are crying.:p But it was well done, educational, and the animatronics were very impressive.

We headed to our third fastpass after that, which happened to be in Tomorrowland.

AKemily

Original Poster
We headed in the direction of Tomorrowland. I think our plan was to go across the hub, but Move it Shake it was happening at the time.
IMG_0603.JPG

It was a beautiful day in the Magic Kingdom!
IMG_0604.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

We hopped in line for our Space Mountain FP and while in line made another Splash FP for early evening.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413341925887.jpg

I needed a coffee then so we headed in the direction of Starbucks, but I introduced Kaitlyn to the purple wall on the way.
IMG_0607 (2).JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

As you can tell, she was super impressed...
IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

As you can see from these photos, the Florida weather had done a classic drastic change and the skies were dark.
IMG_0630.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

No rain was dampening my spirits!

Kiwiduck

Glad we didn't have to wait in this line!
View attachment 331154

This was the first or second day they were handing these out - they didn't have them our first two MK days. They are so cute! We were hoping they were selling them, but they were not. Should have grabbed a fistful:joyfull:
View attachment 331155

*Sigh* I love this ride:inlove:
View attachment 331156
View attachment 331157
View attachment 331159

And I love this show! Can't believe we waited until Day 7 for this one!
View attachment 331161
View attachment 331162
View attachment 331163
Tears will be the chaser
For your wine
After you leave this heart
of mine

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I have a hard time deciding if this one or the Sun Bonnet Trio are my favourite. Mama Don't Whip Little Buford comes in an easy third:oops::hilarious:

This one is Kaitlyn's favourite.:D
View attachment 331164
BlooooooooooooooOD on the saaaaaddlllllllllllllllllllle

Love it!
I vote for the sun bonnets but they are all good!

riverside

Premium Member
How do you approach strangers from the internet who probably know nothing about you? I did it like this:

"So... this is suuuper weird, but... I recognize you from your sister's trip reports." :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
I know I said it before but I'm so glad that you did!!
She was like, "... oh. Really?!" Hahaha but we actually had a nice conversation and I tried to convince her to read @riverside's stellar reports. She let me know that @riverside was currently riding Pooh. I was disappointed that I wouldn't get the chance to meet her but it was running very close to the end of the window for mine and Kaitlyn's next FP. I told her to say hi to @riverside and I headed to find Kaitlyn. As I said in @riverside's report, I did not take a picture with E&J because I didn't want to weird her out more than I already had :joyfull:I do hope I get to meet @riverside one day and I definitely kept a close eye out for her the rest of the day.
Awww--thanks for the compliment!! But--she still hasn't read them. Actually, no one in my family has yet:confused:
I'm disappointed I didn't get to meet you either--especially b/c we were super close to it happening!! I'm glad you did get to meet E though(& at least got to see J since he was sleeping). I hope that we get to meet one day also!!

AKemily

Original Poster
Well that's a little nippy.
Just a tad :joyfull:
I. Can’t. Even.
Me neither, tbh.
I vote for the sun bonnets but they are all good!
Agreed!
I know I said it before but I'm so glad that you did!!

Awww--thanks for the compliment!! But--she still hasn't read them. Actually, no one in my family has yet:confused:
I'm disappointed I didn't get to meet you either--especially b/c we were super close to it happening!! I'm glad you did get to meet E though(& at least got to see J since he was sleeping). I hope that we get to meet one day also!!
Your family must not realize what they're missing! One day E may be glad you recorded these memories of your trips with her and J! On that note, have you booked another trip yet?:happy:

AKemily

Original Poster
Now, if you've been paying shockingly close attention to this trip report you'll have noticed that one very important ride has been missing from this trip report. The reason being? Kaitlyn hates it. With such a passionate loathing that I don't think I'll ever truly understand it. However, I told her every day we were there that I was not leaving Florida without riding it. In fact, as much as she refused to go on it, I NEEDED to go on it. She finally agreed that this was the time. So I hopped in line by myself.
IMG_0649.JPG

How can you hate the happiest cruise that ever sailed?!?
IMG_0650.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

The ducks are my second favourite thing, right after...
IMG_0660.JPG

the hippo with the lazy eye!:joyfull:
IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0673.JPG

I sent the following picture to my family, telling them how I was riding this alone. I had the row to myself but I'm pretty sure the people behind me thought I was crazy :hilarious:
IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

Hey, that's me!
IMG_0681.JPG

Hey, that's me again (and somehow even blurrier than the first one)!
IMG_0682.JPG

AKemily

Original Poster
Next we made a pitstop, and I had to take some pictures:hilarious:
IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

IMG_0689.JPG

We sat outside and made a mobile order. It wasn't very far away, but we didn't feel like waiting in line when we got there. Even though we were sitting in the rain:p

Once the order was in we wandered over to Columbia Harbour House :joyfull: Kaitlyn found a table upstairs while I picked up the food. Unfortunately, I ended up waiting quite a while anyway. And then they gave me the wrong side so I went back for the correct one and we had sooo much food. I have a really hard time letting food go to waste so I was VERY full by the time we left:hilarious: I had the deep fried shrimp, and then I had a side of fries, green beans and hushpuppies:facepalm: Kaitlyn had chicken nuggets and fries and... not sure what the second side was. She also had the boston cream cake thing. I had a bite or two, and I think it was pretty good!
IMG_0691.JPG

We sat near the stairs on the second floor. I wish we had sat at a window seat but ah well.
IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0693.JPG

IMG_0694.JPG

After our supper we started heading in the direction of Splash Mountain but then realized HEA was about to start, so we decided we'd rather do that one last time.

(Went back for one more picture in the dark)
IMG_0696.JPG

It looks like we got nearly all the way to Splash before we headed back toward the hub. Not sure what we were doing haha.
IMG_0697.JPG

AKemily

Original Poster
As was the theme of this trip, HEA was slightly delayed due to rain. I decided to go to the restroom and when I came back I definitely couldn't find Kaitlyn in the crowd haha. That was okay though, we are strong, independent women who can watch Disney fireworks by ourselves:happy: I guess I decided to soak this show in as I only took a couple pictures.
IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0699.JPG

After the fireworks, a lot of the crowds cleared and Kaitlyn and I found each other again.
IMG_0701.JPG

IMG_0700.JPG

We watched OUAT in very low crowds but apparently I didn't take a single picture! Taking in the last of the Disney magic I guess:inlove:

Luckily, the park had extra magic hours from 8-10PM that night so we still had some time to get a few more things done:joyfull: We headed back to Frontierland.
IMG_0704.JPG

My tired brain really enjoyed "Lytum & Hyde":hilarious:
IMG_0705.JPG

Tired but happy!
IMG_0706.JPG

We did another round on Pirates after that! We probably rode this one more than any other on this trip.
IMG_0708.JPG

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:Oh, this one is stunning. Looks like I was hunting in my bag for something.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413339388957.jpg

AKemily

Original Poster
Okay, I just found another one. Not sure which one was from earlier in the day and which one was later:facepalm: But this one is not much better than the last:hilarious: My photopass pictures did not upload in any kind of reasonable order so I've basically just been trying to piece things together:banghead:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413346358170.jpg

Anyways, we crossed the hub then and headed into Tomorrowland.

IMG_0710.JPG

SAME.:hilarious:

IMG_0711.JPG

I just barely managed to beat Kaitlyn. She was beating me for most of the ride. Not sure why I couldn't get both scores in the same picture:facepalm:
IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413351255816.jpg

We took another spin through Space after that.
IMG_0717.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413351102182.jpg

Kaitlyn looks like she's falling asleep:oops:

AKemily

Original Poster
We made the sad walk toward the park exit after Space, taking many pictures along the way.

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

:hilarious:Looking back, I can't believe how few ridiculous pictures we took!

After long days in the park, my all-time favourite thing to do is stand at the end of Main Street and look back at the castle. I could sit here all night just taking in the sounds, sights, smells and magic, trying desperately to take those memories home with me. :inlove: For some reason I find nighttime on Main Street to be even more magical than the daytime.
IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

IMG_0726.JPG

:inlove::inlove::inlove:

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

AKemily

Original Poster
We took the ferry back to the TTC that night. We sat at the end of the boat so we could watch as we sailed away from the Magic Kingdom.:cry: It always makes my heart hurt a little bit, but I have to do it.
IMG_0736.JPG

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_0740.JPG

We were on the bus back to the resort by 11:20 that night. I'm sure we got back around midnight. And about 4 hours later we were waking up to get to the airport. Worth it! I have to say though, our Ubers really bookended our trip well. On the way there we had fun pop music and on the way back to the airport our driver was playing very sad music, including but not limited to Total Eclipse of the Heart. :hilarious:

Back on the fonorail.
IMG_0741.JPG

It became immediately clear that we were not in Disney anymore with the service we received at the Orlando and Minneapolis airports. In Orlando, I had possibly the slowest person ever working the breakfast line. All I wanted was a breakfast sandwich and it probably took 40 minutes. She literally got every. single. order. wrong. She would read the receipt and then put the wrong thing in the bag. Every time. And then when we got to Minneapolis I went and got a coffee order and I ordered a coffee frappe and when the girl gave me just black coffee I told her that's not what I ordered and she vehemently disagreed and blatantly told me I was wrong. Well, alright then. Good thing I like black coffee.:rolleyes: (To be fair, that is what she charged me for).

*Sigh*, if only all service could be like Disney service.

Final thoughts on our last MK day?
It was amazing, as always! As the trip gets further away, it is getting harder to remember my impressions from each day. I'm looking back at my notes and see I forgot to mention that Kaitlyn bought and mailed some postcards from Main Street. They had a cool Magic Kingdom ink stamp (in addition to postage stamps) at the store there too. It was really neat! I wish they had sold those ink stamps. It was also nice to go try Kona Cafe for the first time. I liked having the evening EMH even if it meant getting pretty much no sleep that next night:hilarious: It's just fun to get a couple more hours in the park with fewer people there, and not have to get up extra early for it. Anyways, here's our stats from the day:

MK sep 19.png

Coming up: Final thoughts on our trip

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom