News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

iwantthescoop337

Does anyone speculate that this new Guardians of the Galaxy "storytelling coaster" will have a storyline focussed on the Guardians harnessing some sort of energy or power source?

tparris

Does anyone speculate that this new Guardians of the Galaxy "storytelling coaster" will have a storyline focussed on the Guardians harnessing some sort of energy or power source?
During the preshow: Peter Quill: “hey, I remember this place! I think it’s called Disney Epcotland or something like that. I remember going here in the 70’s. Looks a lot different, I don’t remember this giant box. Must be some kind of power source that we can harness and use to save the galaxy! Oh no, it’s Thanos! To the Milano!”

LittleBuford

Shoehorning Marvel with reckless abandon into a park widely viewed as education and boring by the thrill-ride-park-going masses in order to boost attendance is catering to the lowest common denominator.

Be that as it may, I'd sooner have fun than sit through forty excruciating minutes of Ellen's (pseudo-educational) Energy Adventure. To judge from the near-emptiness of the theatre the last time I rode the attraction (at the height of spring break last year), I'm not the only person who isn't going to miss it.

lazyboy97o

Be that as it may, I'd sooner have fun than sit through forty excruciating minutes of Ellen's (pseudo-educational) Energy Adventure. To judge from the near-emptiness of the theatre the last time I rode the attraction (at the height of spring break last year), I'm not the only person who isn't going to miss it.
“Ride the movies” isn’t the only way to have fun.

Alice a

Perhaps we should experience the attraction before deciding that the park would be better off without it.

...except that not all of us can. I see where you're coming from (and I like your positive spirit), but plenty of people - like me - are disappointed by this attraction without having to ride it, because we can't.

By my count, that's 3 Futureworld attractions everyone could ride that have been replaced by ones with a more limited ridership.

If it was something attractive, like the Tower of Terror, at least there's be some visual enjoyment, but no. It's a giant shed.

LittleBuford

...except that not all of us can. I see where you're coming from (and I like your positive spirit), but plenty of people - like me - are disappointed by this attraction without having to ride it, because we can't.

By my count, that's 3 Futureworld attractions everyone could ride that have been replaced by ones with a more limited ridership.

If it was something attractive, like the Tower of Terror, at least there's be some visual enjoyment, but no. It's a giant shed.

I'm sorry you can't ride it. I can't tolerate rides that spin to any great extent, so I understand where you're coming from. As I said in my preceding post, this wouldn't have been my choice of replacement either, but I'm willing to give it a fair chance now that it's happening.

ETA: Strangely enough, I can tolerate M:S, perhaps because you don't really "feel" yourself spinning in the same way you do on the teacups, which I absolutely can't ride.

Tavernacle12

There’s a difference between updating Energy and bulldozing it for something that doesn’t fit, especially when Energy could have been updated fairly easily (comparatively) and still fit in Epcot. They could have even replaced Ellen with Groot (he’s a natural resource!). Instead now we have something that doesn’t fit at all. It’s akin to them replacing Hall of Presidents with a drop tower based on National Treasure. It doesn’t fit thematically OR scenically.

LittleBuford

There’s a difference between updating Energy and bulldozing it for something that doesn’t fit, especially when Energy could have been updated fairly easily (comparatively) and still fit in Epcot. They could have even replaced Ellen with Groot (he’s a natural resource!). Instead now we have something that doesn’t fit at all. It’s akin to them replacing Hall of Presidents with a drop tower based on National Treasure. It doesn’t fit thematically OR scenically.

Again, it wouldn't have been my choice of replacement, but I have accepted their decision and am going to approach the new attraction with an open mind and an optimistic attitude. Being resentful about it isn't going to change anything or make me feel any better, even if others may find it cathartic.

And not to bring more ire upon myself, but I wish they would replace the Hall of Presidents! Let the Muppets take over permanently, I say!

Jambo Joe

There are a couple sections that have been painted years ago. A quick look at them will tell you why painting is a bad idea.

The beams actually look great when properly cleaned.
Agreed . Not sure why they have not made more of a point to cycle through and clean them on a schedule. It can’t be that expensive compared to the how crappy it looks left the way they are. Let’s start an ‘adopt it looks a mile’ program.🙂

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

While I know this isn’t exactly what you mean, it could technically be streched out to four. Everyone could do Kitchen Kabaret/Food Rocks, kiddos can’t do Soarin’

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom