Trip Report *COMPLETED* The "What are we waiting on?, Never again!, Help, I'm on a family vacation!" Trip Report

Howdy folks!!

We just got back home yesterday afternoon from a great week in Disney! I'm still trying to get my pictures in order, but I figured I could get the intro started! There were some definite ups and downs (tears were shed for both) on this trip which you will hear about further on, but overall it was a magical trip and we had a great time! So if you care to join me, hop on in as I detail the trip in this report!

Dates: November 24th-December 2nd

Where: Disney's Pop Century Resort

Cast: Josh (DH), Cam (DS) and Heather (Me!)
Also joining us will be my Parents and my niece, Maci
AK_BRDGTOP_20181129_414762671701.jpg

Spash007

That's awesome! I was worried that I would be too tired and forget to do anything with him while on vacation. In the end, I'm happy I chose to leave him at home and Cam was SOOO excited to see his Welcome Home sign when we got back! Although, we have a different elf than the norm and when we walked into Pop the tree in the lobby is covered with the same elf we have! Cam thought he showed up but I explained it was just his friends looking out for him! :joyfull:
View attachment 330769

We're in the middle of the great Elf debate. We'll be leaving super early on Sunday, and I doubt my daughter will even really look for her elf before we go, so I'm tempted to pack her up the day before. But the small space does worry me. I don't think I'm that creative, and if she gets up to use the bathroom at night, I feel like I'll be woken up with a bunch of questions about whether she moved already, and if she went to the North Pole yet!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We're in the middle of the great Elf debate. We'll be leaving super early on Sunday, and I doubt my daughter will even really look for her elf before we go, so I'm tempted to pack her up the day before. But the small space does worry me. I don't think I'm that creative, and if she gets up to use the bathroom at night, I feel like I'll be woken up with a bunch of questions about whether she moved already, and if she went to the North Pole yet!

If you decide to leave the elf at home, you could always leave a note the day before if you don't think your daughter will notice the morning you leave. We left at 3:30 am, but he was so excited that he hopped right out of bed! And I put him out in clear sight as well. I went back and forth for awhile, LOL! But I'm happy he stayed home. One less thing to worry about and not to mention a full week that I didn't have to come up with something to do with the thing!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We rode Soarin' and Spaceship Earth before heading back to the World Showcase.

Our stuck on Spaceship Earth picture. We stopped about 3 different times.
IMG_8804.JPG

EPCOT_BACKSIDE2_20181125_414695309440.jpg

By now we were all hungry. We decided to eat at the QS in Mexico. Josh and I each got nachos which were, well they were nachos. I also got the blood orange margarita that I couldn't drink because it was so sweet. Way too much mix in it. Cam wanted chips and queso. He sat and ate and ate and ate that cheese dip! Afterwards, we hopped on over to the boat ride. The CM was asking the kids about it being their first trip and she let us skip to the front of the line and ride in the front row. I know it was a ride that doesn't typically have long wait times, but it was really sweet of her to do that and they felt special.
IMG_8792.JPG

We went to meet the sisters next! It got really weird in Arendelle. They had these two guys in front of us. When it was their turn, Anna ran up to them and gave them a big hug. She was a very good Anna. Well they bring her over to the picture hanging on the wall and want to know if the guy is holding a machete or a hammer. Something they've been wanting to know. They then proceeded to ask question after question about specific details. By now, Elsa had come over because she was waiting for them to make their way to her. The conversation went on for AWHILE! All the kids in the room were starting to get very antsy! FINALLY they took their pictures and moved on to Elsa in her area.

Here they are waiting for the guys to finish their in depth convos! The photographer had time to take pictures of them on the sidelines!
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20181126_414695643223.jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20181126_414695643228.jpg

Finally it was their turn! Maci was so starstruck and Cam was like sure, cool. :joyfull:
EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20181126_414695643239.jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20181126_414695643234.jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARB2_20181126_414695643246.jpg

She really was a great Anna! So by the time they finished meeting with Anna...the guys were STILL talking with Elsa!!! It was crazy! We were waiting and then 3 other groups of guests were lined up behind us for Elsa before they left. Then by the time they left and it was our turn, she barely spent 2 minutes with them. She was rushing them on big time. :mad: While Anna was great, Elsa seemed really awkward. Regardless, Maci was still in awe.

EPCOT_FROZENCHARB1_20181126_414695504922.jpg

EPCOT_FROZENCHARB1_20181126_414695504930.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
It was getting close to Illuminations time, so we made our way to the fastpass area. My parents made their way over as well. By now, both kids fell asleep.
IMG_8810.JPG

IMG_8812.JPG

Doesn't he look so peaceful??

Then the show started....
IMG_8819.JPG

IMG_8821.JPG

I kept looking at Cam and he was still sound asleep. Soon the Christmas tag would begin, but right as it was beginning we got a Christmas tag that we were not expecting!!!! The rest of the evening looked about like this picture....
IMG_8814.JPG

Yeah it went up in a ball of flames. Cam came out of a dead sleep, sat up and started throwing up all over himself and the side of the stroller. I was reaching to grab napkins, but I only had a few. Then the fireworks got extremely loud and he started screaming!! I moved the stroller to cover where we were. My dad went and told a CM and next thing you know about 4 of them made a giant circle around us. I was still trying to get Cam to settle down when a nice lady brought me a burp cloth saying that it was washed and clean and that I could have it. Bless that sweet momma! After he settled down, Josh took him to get cleaned up and changed (made it worse that we were not close to any bathrooms) and I tried to clean up the stroller. The CM's were great, but I felt horrible. They blocked the area while everyone exited and told us not to worry about it. It was chaos. He suffers from acid reflux pretty badly and up until about a year ago, he would get sick quite often. Then we found out the root of the problem and he sticks to a low acid diet, but every now and again this happens. It's always my worst fear when we go to restaurants and I even bought little bags for the trip just in case, but it just came out of no where!!! Luckily, this was the only episode of this during the trip. I don't think the cheese set well with him. I'm sorry if this grossed anyone out, but it was the first round of tears that occurred on the trip, both by Cam and myself. I felt so embarrassed, but also felt so sorry for him.

Although the night had an ending that we didn't expect and I didn't get to see the Christmas tag, we did have a great first day in the parks!

Next: Animal Kingdom

Last edited:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Monday, November 26, 2018

When I originally planned our days, I avoided morning extra magic hours. A few weeks or so before the trip they changed up the hours and Animal Kingdom would have EMH and be opening at 8:00 am. It wasn't easy, but we arrived at the park before opening. We had a fastpass for Navi later in the day and for FoP later in the week, so the plan was to go the opposite direction from the crowd and rope drop Everest.
IMG_8831 (2).JPG

I love the AK tree so much!

IMG_8823.JPG

IMG_8822.JPG

My parents didn't want to ride, but both kids were very adamant that they wanted to ride. I was iffy about Cam riding, but I also didn't want to say no if he wanted to try it. They loaded the ride proudly! However, everything changed once we got to the top. Maci was crying and Cam was yelling that he wanted to get off. Looking back, I wish I had told him no because it traumatized him for the rest of the trip. :hilarious: But I praised him for being so brave and at least trying it to see if he liked it!

Have a look at his face, LOL!

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_20181126_8294035971.jpeg

He couldn't get off the ride fast enough! They needed a little cheering up afterwards, so we stopped at Joffrey's on the way to the Safari.
Cam and I split one of the giant donuts and it was so stale! YUCK!!
IMG_8826.JPG

IMG_8828.JPG

We weren't an hour into the park touring and my dad was struggling with his knee. He was hurting and moody. Josh and I are normally fast paced people and being on someone else's pace or schedule is hard. We made it to the Safari and it was a walk on. They were loading very quickly and our driver took off. He drove like a maniac, barely slowing down at all!!! We were bouncing all over and at one point Cam fell over and banged his head on the side of the truck. By far, the fastest safari I've ever been on. There were tons of animals out though, just had to be quick to see them.
IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We we came into the savannah there were no giraffes in sight. We made the turn and all of sudden all of them come running down the hill and out of the brush. It was the coolest thing! Everyone was oohing and ahhing! The food truck had arrived to feed them! Was so cool seeing them all run out at the same time. I wasn't quick enough to get pictures of it.
IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1023.JPG

I never walk any of the trails so we decided to do the Gorilla trail! I'm so glad we did!
IMG_1026.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

We were about halfway through the trail when my dad needs to go to the restroom. He left struggled as he walked off to find a bathroom. We met up with him at the end of the trail and he was sweating and just looked miserable. He wanted to leave and go back the resort, but we were headed to our Tusker House reservation. I talked him into coming to breakfast then if he wanted to leave after he could. Our table was ready immediately, but after we sit down he realizes his magic band is missing. So my mom and him walked back to the restrooms he was in and luckily he found it. We tried to make the best of breakfast. :arghh:

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Tusker House-it's a beautiful restaurant.

IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1054.JPG

IMG_1052.JPG

My dad got his magic band back! :joyfull:

I really wanted to like Tusker House, but sadly I wasn't impressed. The food just wasn't my favorite and the characters were super rushed! It was fine but just not somewhere I will return. Granted, the rest of the bunch enjoyed the food, so maybe I'm just weird!!
IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1045.JPG

IMG_8833 (2).JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

The parade with Goofy was fun! He's got some good moves!
IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1053.JPG

My dad was ready to leave, but was having anxiety about finding his way out, etc. So I offered to walk him out. I ended up calling him an Uber and sending him off before meeting back up with the crew in Pandora for our fastpass.
IMG_1056.JPG

LeighM

I wonder if it's the same safari driver we once got stuck with. As soon as we would see an animal, the driver would speed off. The male lion was active, the driver pointed him out and was like "okay lets go!" just as everyone was trying to take a picture. Very frustrating!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom