News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

trainplane3

For a ride like Tron, I can’t imagine that much merch selling. Maybe some mini bikes, and copies of the soundtrack, but the film doesn’t lend itself to merch that isn’t a video game (and I don’t see that being a popular thing to grab while in the parks).

Except for Filch’s store or whatever the exit is called for Forbidden Journey, my friends and I didn’t spend too much time shopping immediately after the attractions on the last trip. In the middle of things, yes, but not right after getting off a ride.
Hard to believe but there's only been one good Tron game released for home use and that was Tron 2.0 in 2003. Tron Run/r came out back in 2015 but doesn't have a main story to follow, just a bunch of different game modes (not bad, just shallow). Those are the only positive Tron games to come out. Everything else is a dumpster fire which is ironic because Tron=video games.

Even funnier yet, they updated Tron 2.0 to fix an issue with the Windows 10 Steam release last year: https://steamcommunity.com/games/327740/announcements/detail/1341359957163984051

I'd add light up toys to your list. Tron is the perfect attraction to sell light up things for. And honestly, Tron is one of those things that sell just because it looks cool. You don't need to know anything about it to accept that it looks neat.

Last edited:

SukaVayne33

For a ride like Tron, I can’t imagine that much merch selling. Maybe some mini bikes, and copies of the soundtrack, but the film doesn’t lend itself to merch that isn’t a video game (and I don’t see that being a popular thing to grab while in the parks).

Except for Filch’s store or whatever the exit is called for Forbidden Journey, my friends and I didn’t spend too much time shopping immediately after the attractions on the last trip. In the middle of things, yes, but not right after getting off a ride.
Yeah I would really like one of the neon looking bikes or even if they made a full bike roller coaster train, I would really go thru the gift shop. I agree with you too they probably wouldn't have a lot of merch for it, except what you listed and maybe a key chain or two.

Magic Feather

I, funnily enough, actually find the Potter rides to be the poster children for why exiting a ride through a gift shop is a terrible idea...

Bartattack

This was a TRON drink at Shanghai Disney... sold like crazy. You can see the bike wheels on top... with a lot of imagination.

Attachments

• IMG_5592.JPG
    IMG_5592.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 203

Capsin4

The capacity is low, but the height requirement is well above anything at MK isn’t it? By 4 inches. It’s on par with RnR so it should lessen demand compared to other coasters in the most family oriented of WDW parks.

Princess Leia

I, funnily enough, actually find the Potter rides to be the poster children for why exiting a ride through a gift shop is a terrible idea...
Oh I actually wasn’t defending them lol, just saying which one I actually spent some time in. The gift shop after Gringotts can feel so chaotic, and there really wasn’t any reason to have that ride exit there. The ride is literally in a land of shopping.

The issue with I have with the FJ exit is that if you’re a purse carrying person, you really need to go back to the claustrophobic locker room first to get your things (and the lockers are having some tech problems already). After you manage to retrieve your belongings, you can go shop at Filch’s- which has some really neat merch- next to 50% of the people who just got off the ride with you (40% are trying to get their things from the lockers). I think they only have 2 people on staff at the registers, which is not nearly enough for that gift shop.

This could have been averted if they had another shop open in Hogsmeade, instead of having some empty stores with fake fronts.

mikejs78

Premium Member
[
I think you are right about the pace... the way the parks are enjoyed have changed drastically since the advent of Fastpass Plus...Now the parks have become a gauntlet run all planned months in advance...not leisurely and certainly not spntaneously...and the amazing thing is, the lines for everything were shorter...
Personally, I find it completely doable to utilize FP+ and still have a leisurely, spontaneous trip. Sure, my FPs are scheduled so that removes some of the spontenaity, but really it's only 3 points in a day, and honestly it helps me be more leasurely rather than less. Less time in line at headliners = more time to just soak in the parks. Thinking back to our last trip, we definitely planned it out. But the plan served as a blueprint, not a rigid schedule. We had lots of spontaneous moments and a really enjoyable time.

FigmentFan82

No, the Parks follow the Studio. TRON, like Ratatouille, was approved because it existed.
I'm not actually suggesting TRON in WiR2 is the reason the coaster was approved, merely saying that I was curious if TRONs inclusion in WiR2 was to boost awareness of the property, in light of the already existing plans to put the TRON coaster in MK. Obv the Shanghai version was in the works before WiR2, so the attraction concept itself is nothing new.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom