News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

GlacierGlacier

Gringotts has an existing issue where the middle motion section is cut by about 6-7 seconds of motion. This was an issue on Intamin's end, with the locking and unlocking of track taking far longer than expected.

There have been attempts to fix it, but it's about as good as it'll get right now.

So the show you feel is not the show they planned.

Disney Analyst

Gringotts has an existing issue where the middle motion section is cut by about 6-7 seconds of motion. This was an issue on Intamin's end, with the locking and unlocking of track taking far longer than expected.

There have been attempts to fix it, but it's about as good as it'll get right now.

Off topic but...

Gringotts will always not be as successful to me as it could have been because it’s really not what anyone wanted. We all saw the film, read the books and thought... I want to board a cart and ride around the vaults of Gringotts... that’s all it needed to be. A well themed multi level and layered coaster with encounters along the way. The story should have been minimal (don’t wake the dragon, oops you woke the dragon, run) etc.

Anyway back to the topic...

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

Off topic but...

Gringotts will always not be as successful to me as it could have been because it’s really not what anyone wanted. We all saw the film, read the books and though... I want to board a cart and ride around the vaults of Gringotts... that’s all it needed to be. A well themed multi level and layered coaster with encounters along the way. The story should have been minimal (don’t wake the dragon, oops you woke the dragon, run) etc.

Totally agree on this.

I wish it looked and felt more like the inside of IJA, and less like a simulator

britain

Sort of like how IJA has to pause to let the rat mist screen become flat again after the last Jeep disrupts it.

Hey, it IS like IJA!

Mike S

Off topic but...

Gringotts will always not be as successful to me as it could have been because it’s really not what anyone wanted. We all saw the film, read the books and thought... I want to board a cart and ride around the vaults of Gringotts... that’s all it needed to be. A well themed multi level and layered coaster with encounters along the way. The story should have been minimal (don’t wake the dragon, oops you woke the dragon, run) etc.

Funnily enough the new Hogsmeade coaster sounds a lot like what Gringotts should’ve been but like you said back to topic.

matt9112

Okay, I liked Gringotts a lot. It is obviously head and shoulders above and old dark ride like Snow White's Scary Adventure.
The fact, however, is that Snow White did not have any slow boring transitions. The ride was continuous motion and you
drove through scenes. (literally) The was no slow transition. Now stop saying silly things that make me need to defend
a ride that is dead and buried. (in WDW)

referring to the continuous slow motion of the cars....through scene after scene. there was no thrill besides what may be happening in the scene. gringotts has little coaster sections that deliver you to each scene. are you saying thd fact that you cant see the transition literally take place (like moving from one room to another) in snow white is the issue?

OG Runner

referring to the continuous slow motion of the cars....through scene after scene. there was no thrill besides what may be happening in the scene. gringotts has little coaster sections that deliver you to each scene. are you saying thd fact that you cant see the transition literally take place (like moving from one room to another) in snow white is the issue?

I didn't say there was an issue. You mentioned, in reference to Snow White, the sma coaster bits take the place of slow boring transitions in a classic like say snow whites scary adventures. I was just pointing out the transitions were continuous.

denyuntilcaught

Sort of like how IJA has to pause to let the rat mist screen become flat again after the last Jeep disrupts it.

Hey, it IS like IJA!

For the record (someone correct me if I'm wrong), I believe the pause in the journey is to allow the Jeep ahead to clear the next block, not to allow the mist screen to reset (it hardly works even with the pause!)

Hatbox Ghostbuster

giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom