The Gaming Industry: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
On Saturday I visited A Video Game Convention in New Jersey. In the front of the convention center there was a play area set up with a bunch of arcade games and consoles, including some really rare consoles such as an Amiga CD32, Sega Mark III, PC-FX, and a Sega Saturn with the 10-player multitap for Saturn Bomberman. Every single booth there was packed to the brim with games from Atari to Switch, and there were some great cosplays. I bought myself Shenmue for the Dreamcast, Megaman X Command Mission for the GameCube, and a canvas with the box art of EarthBound. In addition, I got to meet two of my favorite Youtube personalities, Adam Koralik and Somecallmejohnny. Other Youtube people were there like Pat the NES Punk, MetalJesusRocks' friends, and Console Wars, but I don't really watch any of those shows. The Angry Video Game Nerd had a booth set up, but James himself only appeared on Sunday so I couldn't see him. Overall, it was a great experience.

erasure fan1

On Saturday I visited A Video Game Convention in New Jersey. In the front of the convention center there was a play area set up with a bunch of arcade games and consoles, including some really rare consoles such as an Amiga CD32, Sega Mark III, PC-FX, and a Sega Saturn with the 10-player multitap for Saturn Bomberman. Every single booth there was packed to the brim with games from Atari to Switch, and there were some great cosplays. I bought myself Shenmue for the Dreamcast, Megaman X Command Mission for the GameCube, and a canvas with the box art of EarthBound. In addition, I got to meet two of my favorite Youtube personalities, Adam Koralik and Somecallmejohnny. Other Youtube people were there like Pat the NES Punk, MetalJesusRocks' friends, and Console Wars, but I don't really watch any of those shows. The Angry Video Game Nerd had a booth set up, but James himself only appeared on Sunday so I couldn't see him. Overall, it was a great experience.
I was never a big fan of shenmue, but I sure loved my dreamcast.

Underdog

I really didn't think there were any great deals. My son bought an xbox one s minecraft bundle for 199. I was hoping someone would have red dead 2 but no one did.
I think I got my One S with a similar deal the year before, but with Battlefield (IV?). It never installed or played it.

I bought the year of game pass for XBox for half price and something here or there.

Underdog

Just be careful, if its not a Microsoft game, it could leave any time. I played about 45hrs of fallout 4 and woke up started my xbox and fallout 4 was gone. Gave out a big Homer DOH!

Really???
How long have games been staying? Has this happened to any other games you've been playing?
Is there some sort of notification / warning that a title you're playing is due to be removed?

erasure fan1

Really???
How long have games been staying? Has this happened to any other games you've been playing?
Is there some sort of notification / warning that a title you're playing is due to be removed?
This is the first game I've had it happen on and there was no notification. It just wouldn't load the next morning.
Did your save game ramin in the cloud or did it go poof as well?
I can't answer that as I haven't bought the game again to try to use my save yet. I sure hope it does or I'll be pretty mad. Lol 45hrs would be down the drain.
@erasure fan1 - Other than what you ran into, any other complaints / issues with game Pass?
No, not at all. As long as you know that games can leave you'll be fine. I think its a nice system. I've played a lot of games I wouldn't have normally played. As long as Microsoft continues to add content like they have, its well worth it.

Underdog

Well I got Fallout 4 for Christmas. I put it in last night and thankfully my save worked. So my xbox didn't get thrown out the window. Lol

Glad you’ll get a chance to finish! I’ve got such a backlog, I don’t think I’ll start my game pass subscription until later in the year.

Anyone else have a backlog, and if so, how do you deal with it?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Glad you’ll get a chance to finish! I’ve got such a backlog, I don’t think I’ll start my game pass subscription until later in the year.

Anyone else have a backlog, and if so, how do you deal with it?
I did have one. The only solution was to let it go as there are only so many hours in the day.

My reading pile of shame continues to build unabated.;)

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have so many games that I have bought that I just have not got round to starting yet, a pile of digital movies to get through at some point and my reading pile is something like a 100 books deeps atm (thank god for digital)

Johnny Three-hats

I keep meaning to finish Witcher 2 so I can finally go on to Witcher 3.

But then I get stuck playing Jurassic World Evolution, and then I just want to play Witcher 1 again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom