How crowded will the end of January be...?

kimberlymautz

I planned a trip for my daughter and I for the end of January as I thought it'd be a little quieter then other times of the year, however there are SO. MANY. hotels that are completely booked up that week. I looked and it doesn't look there are any special events. Am I missing something or should I just plan for a busier week then I was hoping for?

DisneyOutsider

The NFL Pro Bowl happens on January 27th, which brings in some extra folks. I was there at the end of January 2018 and it wasn't incredibly busy, but it certainly wasn't a slow time. I'd expect a moderate level of crowds.

Upvote 0

disneydiabetic

I’m not sure how different Disney World is, but when I went to Disneyland at the end of January (2016), I felt it was the best time to go. I hope you guys have an awesome trip!

Upvote 0

DisneyMann

The NFL Pro Bowl happens on January 27th, which brings in some extra folks. I was there at the end of January 2018 and it wasn't incredibly busy, but it certainly wasn't a slow time. I'd expect a moderate level of crowds.

I'll respectively disagree. We were there this January during Pro Bowl week and the crowds were insane.

I know people who have been there during winter break and spring break weeks and they said it was almost as busy. Magic Kingdom was a zoo.

We were able to manage it being Disney veterans but the parks were packed.

Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

I'll respectively disagree. We were there this January during Pro Bowl week and the crowds were insane.

I know people who have been there during winter break and spring break weeks and they said it was almost as busy. Magic Kingdom was a zoo.

I go during New Year's every year and a couple of Christmas weeks.. and it's not even close to that level of crowds.

It's an insane crowd by any other metric, but unfortunately those crowds are just the new normal for a day at Walt Disney World.

Upvote 0

DisneyMann

I go during New Year's every year and a couple of Christmas weeks.. and it's not even close to that level of crowds.

It's an insane crowd by any other metric, but unfortunately those crowds are just the new normal for a day at Walt Disney World.

I'm not saying anything about the week between Christmas and New years....that level is a whole other animal.

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

I have to agree. Last January was a madhouse. Those claiming it is not crowded haven’t been lately evidently.

Upvote 0

DisneyOutsider

I have to agree. Last January was a madhouse. Those claiming it is not crowded haven’t been lately evidently.

Lumping January into one category isn't very helpful, as you start with new years crowds, then transition into Marathon Weekend, and then have a relatively slow period until Festival of the Arts gets going and the Pro Bowl comes to town.

It's certainly not a slow month, but the end of January is nowhere close to peak crowds and fairly manageable by comparison to the beginning of the month.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

I'm with you, we unknowingly went during Pro Bowl week in 2017 and it was nuts.

Upvote 0

Club34

The week before the pro bowl thru that Sunday was insane. The Monday after after was busy but better and then the rest of the week was fine.

Maybe speaks to why i can't get an Ohana rez. It was the only restaurant. I got California Grill and others but no Ohana. :mad:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom