News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

OG Runner

Hummmmm. Big Thunder and Space Mountain are roller coasters. Magic Kingdom has roller coasters. Therefore the other parks don't need roller coasters. So rock and roller coaster and Expedition Everest should have never been built? Or those two are much more thrilling roller coasters. But I guess you could say since Rock and roller coaster was a thrilling roller coaster and the studios already had one than Expedition Everest did not need to be built at Animal Kingdom? Just because another Park hasn't a xyz doesn't mean an another park doesn't need it. Both Disneyland and California Adventure have carousels. I would very much be in favor of a Mary Poppins Merry-Go-Round. But why not make it a merry-go-round that Disney has not done before? Here's an idea you go into the chalk drawing and ride the carousel. It's a legitimate Carousel but it's indoors in a CGI CAVE. One of those high-tech Star Trek like simulation environments. That'll put you in the middle of one of those MP chalk drawings as you enjoy the ride on an otherwise traditional carousel.

Just the same, a traditional Mary Poppins Carousel outdoors in the courtyard could be nice too. Although that would likely end the Run of beetles tribute bands playing back there.

I like the carousel idea, but how about one more step beyond. You have the traditional carousel animals, with your CGI Cave, but have
the ride on an unusually shaped track. You would begin on the carousel "round" and then like the movie you would move off, go
through the country and onto the race track to end, with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious blaring in the background.
What do you think?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I like the carousel idea, but how about one more step beyond. You have the traditional carousel animals, with your CGI Cave, but have
the ride on an unusually shaped track. You would begin on the carousel "round" and then like the movie you would move off, go
through the country and onto the race track to end, with Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious blaring in the background.
What do you think?

Oooh! Sounds... familiar.
(if only TDO would)

jt04

I probably missed this stated, but would said carousel (should it be one) take the expansion plot or would it replace the gazebo? People are discussing it as if it would replace the gazebo and small hedge maze area. If so, I'd be OK with a carousel themed to Poppins there (I love that area but at least it wouldn't be taking an expansion pad - gotta pick my battles). It's just massively disappointing to (apparently; as of today) not be getting a dark ride - that's probably why so many are upset. And many just can't visualize a carousel or flat ride in Epcot. I try and it's hard. Epcot was just meant to be a different park than offering carousels and flats, but I do think they need some variety of things to do.

They need quick fixes in the short term which is why spinners are being rumored.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sorry, if someone else already described something similar. Honestly, I didn't read all 241 pages of posts.
No Posting without having read!
Call my guards! Off with your head!
1542813192055.png

Rodan75

I was a bit surprised it wasn’t.

Do you think that means it is on hold, or do you think it will be something that is announced with some of the Movie Press? They have that 20/20 special tomorrow about Mary Poppins Returns and it has started to get Oscar press.

I could see them holding this announcement to show 'synergy' with the release of the movie and announcing the Epcot addition.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Presumably; they'll want to see how well the film does before making such an announcement. If it's a rotten tomato or box office bomb that might delay such things.
Bob Chapek - "Hey, here's an idea: let's wait and see if the public has any interest in Mary Poppins Returns before announcing this attraction."
WDI Intern: "But Bob, what about the fact that people have enjoyed that other Mary Poppins movie for over 50 years..."
Bob Chapek - "What's that? Never heard of it."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom