Osceola Interchange/Road Permits

Lensman

You still get merges.

How about one giant, one-way, non-branching labyrinth?! No mergers, no cross-overs. Just get everyone to drive the entire area of the whole parking lot in a zigzagging conga line.
I was kind of thinking of the following flow. The big issue is that you'd have exit traffic crossing the tram line in the red circled area. You'd also have some crossings for people going into and out of medical parking. And of course the biggest issue is that people parking on the north (bottom) side have to go the long way around. Let me know if I've missed something else, I appreciate all input and constructive criticism. I'm not really proposing this, it's just an interesting topological puzzle.
D81922D3-410F-4BF3-BB72-8615135EA73E.jpeg

Last edited:

Lensman

Ask each car if they plan to stay till closing. If so, they can park on right half of lot! See, easy? How long could that conversation take? /s
Or they could start with the left half of the lot first, then they'd only have the latecomers parking on the right half. And these latecomers would be less likely to leave early, right?

But I agree that given that you have someone directing traffic at the split point anyway, it's really a non-issue.

mm121

I was kind of thinking of the following flow. The big issue is that you'd have exit traffic crossing the tram line in the red circled area. You'd also have some crossings for people going into and out of medical parking. And of course the biggest issue is that people parking on the north (bottom) side have to go the long way around. Let me know if I've missed something else, I appreciate all input and constructive criticism. I'm not really proposing this, it's just an interesting topological puzzle.
View attachment 326635
Not a bad theory but if your going to the effort to build an overpass might as well just do it at the back of the lot.

Though a simple roundabout or something would be alot cheaper

Ask each car if they plan to stay till closing. If so, they can park on right half of lot! See, easy? How long could that conversation take? /s
I'd just park cars on the south side in the mornings them fill up the north side in the afternoons

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Not a bad theory but if your going to the effort to build an overpass might as well just do it at the back of the lot.

I'd just park cars on the south side in the mornings them fill up the north side in the afternoons

No good... what if someone is just coming for lunch. Maybe they should scan MBs to confirm FP+ reservations too. In all seriousness, would have been cool if traffic could have flowed out old Northern Entrance/ Exit near busses, but congestion would be bad!

Lensman

Was this directed at my "proposal"? Because I didn't propose any overpass at all, that was @MisterPenguin! :) And it was unrelated to my design, which is meant to avoid most crossing traffic without an overpass. lol

Twirlnhurl

The Hollywood Studios ramps are pretty much complete and are fully open. The Osceola Parkway bridge Over Victory Way still has a long way to go. Through traffic on Osceola Parkway is diverted to the Victory Way exit ramps and still stops at a signalized intersection.

Monorail_Red_77

The Hollywood Studios ramps are pretty much complete and are fully open. The Osceola Parkway bridge Over Victory Way still has a long way to go. Through traffic on Osceola Parkway is diverted to the Victory Way exit ramps and still stops at a signalized intersection.
Yes still a ways to go. Here are some pics in that area showing the flyover of Osceola where it will continue on to AK. A While back maybe late feb early March, they were just starting to place some of the large girders/spans. Everything that connect to DHS is good though those connecting flyovers are working.

tonymu

Premium Member
This is such a huge improvement

Good to see it nearing completion.

Kinda wondering what the next big roadways project will be on property.
I think that Floridian Drive will be expanded and made two way from the new Vista Blvd / World Drive overpass to Seven Seas Drive and then to the new North Entrance at Reams Rd. They are currently building the new North Entrance from Reams to Maple Rd. I would think it will have to include some kind of overpass where it crosses the TTC parking lot exit. They built the World Drive overpass with space for this project to connect.

peter11435

I feel like that bridge has been under construction for so long with not much happening in months. Wonder if it’ll be done in time for SWL.
The actual Osceola overpass seen here was one of the last parts of this project to begin. Earlier the focus was all on the new ramps in and out of DHS which are complete. This overpass really doesn’t significantly impact DHS access. There has actually been significant progress with this over last few months.

Rose&Crown

The actual Osceola overpass seen here was one of the last parts of this project to begin. Earlier the focus was all on the new ramps in and out of DHS which are complete. This overpass really doesn’t significantly impact DHS access. There has actually been significant progress with this over last few months.
I get that but I was up there a few months ago and it looked exactly like that it seemed.

I know the rush was for the new studios entrance but with that light at ESPN and how backed up it can get as it as without the additional cars on the road in general for SWL I wonder if they’ll want this done by then.

peter11435

I get that but I was up there a few months ago and it looked exactly like that it seemed.

I know the rush was for the new studios entrance but with that light at ESPN and how backed up it can get as it as without the additional cars on the road in general for SWL I wonder if they’ll want this done by then.
It may have looked the same but it wasn’t. They’ve made significant progress over the last couple months.

MadTeacup

While I think this project is doing a lot of good and fixed much of the exit/entrance problem at studios, I'm disappointed they made the route to Disney Springs so inconvenient. You literally have to drive around the entire park to get there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom