New Fireworks for MNSSHP and MVMCP 2019

The Pho

If you didn’t see the front of the castle during Wishes you were also missing elements.

You could watch Wishes from anywhere in the park and just see fireworks set to music. If that’s all you want you can watch HEA from anywhere in the park and see fireworks set to music with better product and more of it.

Okay you miss out on Tinkerbell, which you would miss out on with both shows, but Tink is a minimal part of the show and isn't always a part of it. And which had/has "better product" is an entirely subjective argument. Either way both are great shows.

Kman101

LOL! I know.

As someone who sometimes isn't logical in my rantings, I get people are passionate and we love what we love but I don't like the idea that HEA is a downgrade. It's just personal taste. The show is very well done and has almost non-stop bursts of fireworks. It's well done. I just feel like sometimes too we're so jaded we can't give credit where credit is due. And if someone just doesn't like it, that's fine but don't make HEA something it isn't.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
There is nothing logical about preferring a stale fireworks show from 2003 to a high tech masterpiece, its just bad taste
Sorry Mr Spock but logic has nothing to do with my decision. HEA was technically amazing but didn't grab my emotions like wishes.
Doesn't mean i have bad taste. Just different from yours. And here is the shocker ... it's OK to like different things.

Kman101

Sorry Mr Spock but logic has nothing to do with my decision. HEA was technically amazing but didn't grab my emotions like wishes.
Doesn't mean i have bad taste. Just different from yours. And here is the shocker ... it's OK to like different things.

And I've heard that a lot. HEA is technically amazing but didn't grab my (it grabbed mine but it's different than I felt in Wishes) emotions. Wishes kind of gutted you in the feels so to speak. I'm a sap to begin with so I tear up in HEA, I won't even lie. I mean ... heaven forbid we like different things? How DARE you have different tastes than me! :eek:(I'm being sarcastic for anyone who maybe might take this seriously, LOL)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
And I've heard that a lot. HEA is technically amazing but didn't grab my (it grabbed mine but it's different than I felt in Wishes) emotions. Wishes kind of gutted you in the feels so to speak. I'm a sap to begin with so I tear up in HEA, I won't even lie. I mean ... heaven forbid we like different things? How DARE you have different tastes than me! :eek:(I'm being sarcastic for anyone who maybe might take this seriously, LOL)
2gjsah.jpg

Kman101

I know. HEA is an upgrade . I just prefer the sentiment of the old show.

And not a thing wrong with that! At least IMO :) You aren't trying to make the show something it isn't. I can totally understand preferring the sentiment of Wishes. Like everything I'm usually in the middle. Even when I really love something I still think things like this should have a shelf life. It's tough. We do get really attached to things for different reasons.

I'm so saving this. LOL.

Kman101

But with only 1 optimal viewing area for the new show it is still going to be crazy come showtime.
I have seen how bad it was for the Sanderson sisters show on a quietish party night.

I've been hearing more and more complaints about the crowding during the Halloween parties (how much longer will guests pay so much for everything that could be included in a day ticket when crowds are no better than daytime?). Interesting that it so far isn't the case for the Christmas parties.

jrhwdw

Actually that’s exactly what would have happened. For the first several years of the Halloween parties they presented Fantasy in Sky fireworks with a modified ending. The completly custom show didn’t arrive until 2004 I believe.
Actually wishes only had 180 the last 10 seconds of the show the first two years of MVMCP before Holiday Wishes came in 2005.

Anyone complaining about no Holiday overlays for Trolley and MRFF?

Kman101

Bigger and custom does not make something automatically better. And I haven't even stated which show I prefer so insults seem a little overboard but okay.

But who gets to decide "what's better"? Why can't both be praised? (Not saying you aren't but just wondering outloud). Why does one have to be "better"? They're both excellent. It is actually about personal preference on this one, IMHO.

There's this strange trend that because we may not prefer something, it's automatically bad or worse than what was there before (and it works the opposite way too, something old doesn't suddenly become "bad"). It's odd to me. But to each their own.

The Pho

Yes it does and you don't have to tell me, I already know. Unless you are praising HEA, you're not loving it

I mean I did state that both are great so...
and since you don't seem to be aware, people are quite capable of liking things to different degrees, it's not all love or hate.

But who gets to decide "what's better"? Why can't both be praised? (Not saying you aren't but just wondering outloud). Why does one have to be "better"? They're both excellent. It is actually about personal preference on this one, IMHO.

There's this strange trend that because we may not prefer something, it's automatically bad or worse than what was there before (and it works the opposite way too, something old doesn't suddenly become "bad"). It's odd to me. But to each their own.
What I was trying to point out was better is a personal thing, not a measureable fact, especially in regards to enjoyment of a firework show.
People just like to attack anything that disagrees with their personal opinions, especially on the internet. I like both shows for different reasons, as I'm sure most reasonable people do.

Kman101

I mean I did state that both are great so...
and since you don't seem to be aware, people are quite capable of liking things to different degrees, it's not all love or hate.

What I was trying to point out was better is a personal thing, not a measureable fact, especially in regards to enjoyment of a firework show.
People just like to attack anything that disagrees with their personal opinions, especially on the internet. I like both shows for different reasons, as I'm sure most reasonable people do.

So we're on the same page, basically :)

Sorry you were insulted though. I don't understand the name-calling.

And yep, most reasonable people like both shows for different reasons, I am one of them :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

No no, HEA is the greatest thing ever created by mankind, didn't you read the memo? ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Emotionally, I was disgusted by Hallowishes this year after experiencing several HEAs. The awful orchestration of music left me crestfallen. Just listen to what they did with Poor Unfortunate Souls with that shallow and high-pitched whiny sped-up pop chorus and imagine what could have been done if it were... good, you know, like the choral work of HEA...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Kudos to those who demanded refunds after paying $125 to see ancient fireworks that are less impressive than the ones shown to the poor people who only had a day ticket the night before.

Then I guess we should all send an email complaining about the July 4th show which is even worse. Awful choice of music and even worse orchestration.

EvilChameleon

Hopefully they keep the perimeter effects for these updated shows.

Then I guess we should all send an email complaining about the July 4th show which is even worse. Awful choice of music and even worse orchestration.

Well now hang on, the finale is one of the best in the parks. The rockets literally glaring red around the entire park followed by multiple peonies? Sign me the heck up.

IanDLBZF

Emotionally, I was disgusted by Hallowishes this year after experiencing several HEAs. The awful orchestration of music left me crestfallen. Just listen to what they did with Poor Unfortunate Souls with that shallow and high-pitched whiny sped-up pop chorus and imagine what could have been done if it were... good, you know, like the choral work of HEA...

And speaking of which,.....
Wasn't there a rumor that a replacement for Happy HalloWishes was in the works, anyway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom