Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2018

iMax

I know I'm probably not the age range for it but am I alone in finding "A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas" totally lame?

You might be, idk if it's because I work in Tomorrowland but I find ATTC to be a good show. Not outstanding like other shows but good enough to pass my standards.

Kman101

You might be, idk if it's because I work in Tomorrowland but I find ATTC to be a good show. Not outstanding like other shows but good enough to pass my standards.

That's cool. I'm glad you enjoy it (I'm not being snarky, I mean that -- I'm glad you like it, lol). Just not my cup of tea I guess. Lame, not bad per say I guess, I'm probably being a little judgey of it. I just happened to be looking at someone livestreaming it and really never saw it before, honestly. Was looking to see what some others thought of it (I know it's been around a while now). Personally I miss the old outdoor theater and show that used to take place (and I try hard not to dwell on what was, lol).

KikoKea

Which is better at Christmas regarding decorations and all around feel - Disney World or Disneyland?
We like both, but my favorite is DL. I love their IASW decorations, and my favorite place for the parade is right there with the IASW lights as a backdrop. We've done the WDW party a few times, and it was fun, but we are big Nightmare Before Christmas fans so seeing the HM overlay is a real treat. We've also lucked up on some very chilly weather at DL in years past that made us feel like it was really Christmas. :happy:

Touchdown

I prefer WDW because of Epcot’s festivities. Other then candlelight weekend DL shys away from the religious aspect of the holiday, and the POE tag is amazing. Also Holiday Wishes>>>>Believe.

That said you should experience both as WOC is amazing and at Christmas you will actually enjoy iasw.

tcool123

Apologize in advance if this has already been posted, but I don't remember seeing anything similar before.

This probably means nothing, but in a survey Disney sent me for last Friday's Christmas party they asked me this:

1542251473920.png

Honestly it probably is just a holdover from Not So Scary, but perhaps Disney is considering expansion for overlays?

Additional questions I found interesting:

1542251649858.png

I hope this doesn't mean the cancellation of Holiday Wishes as it's easily one of the best firework shows I've seen.

Kman101

Apologize in advance if this has already been posted, but I don't remember seeing anything similar before.

This probably means nothing, but in a survey Disney sent me for last Friday's Christmas party they asked me this:

View attachment 326281

Honestly it probably is just a holdover from Not So Scary, but perhaps Disney is considering expansion for overlays?

Additional questions I found interesting:

View attachment 326282

I hope this doesn't mean the cancellation of Holiday Wishes as it's easily one of the best firework shows I've seen.

Not sure why they couldn't just keep Holiday Wishes and plus it to include projections and new fireworks. But why tie it to HEA? Can't they all still exist separately? The answer isn't having HEA with a holiday tag (my assumption, not fact) ... JMO ... apparently guests don't want to pay $125 for a show that pales to many (I know it's a sore subject for some but HEA is very popular) or has the same fireworks show they've had for how many years now?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Is it true that a significant number of people have complained about the fireworks to the point they’ve been giving refunds? I saw that in another thread that guests aren’t happy when comparing the holiday fireworks to HEA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom