Ticket Question

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
My husband and I will be California for 6 days for our anniversary this January. We will be spending one day at DL/DCA. Right now, tickets online only go through December 31st. Does anyone know when we can purchase January tickets? Also can MaxPass be purchased ahead of time with the tickets? Thanks for any help!

Emmanuel

My husband and I will be California for 6 days for our anniversary this January. We will be spending one day at DL/DCA. Right now, tickets online only go through December 31st. Does anyone know when we can purchase January tickets? Also can MaxPass be purchased ahead of time with the tickets? Thanks for any help!

I would check back either mid or late December for January tickets. And yes you can include Maxpass in your tickets when you buy them online! You'll see an upgrade to Disney Maxpass option when you select your tickets on the website.

Emmanuel

Perfect, thanks so much! Anything else I should/can do ahead of time? So different from WDW :p

If you plan to dine at a sit down restaurant or do a dining package for Fantasmic (I would rather do a dining package for Fantasmic over the regular FP for the show as the regular fastpass viewing area for the show isn't good IMO) , I would make reservations for them this month as they'll most likely book out closer to your visit. You can make dining reservations up to 60 days prior to your visit so this will be the month to make those reservations though same day reservations are possible just not guaranteed.

And don't forget that DLR has mobile ordering now so that will save you time as some of the popular QSRs (Quick Service Restaurant) at both parks get long lines.

If you'll be doing magic morning at either park take advantage of it to ride the popular rides in both parks.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
If you plan to dine at a sit down restaurant or do a dining package for Fantasmic (I would rather do a dining package for Fantasmic over the regular FP for the show as the regular fastpass viewing area for the show isn't good IMO) , I would make reservations for them this month as they'll most likely book out closer to your visit. You can make dining reservations up to 60 days prior to your visit so this will be the month to make those reservations though same day reservations are possible just not guaranteed.

And don't forget that DLR has mobile ordering now so that will save you time as some of the popular QSRs (Quick Service Restaurant) at both parks get long lines.

If you'll be doing magic morning at either park take advantage of it to ride the popular rides in both parks.

I’m not sure about nighttime entertainment yet since we will only have one day. If we do see something, my choice would be World of Color (if it’s playing that night) because it is unique to DL. I don’t think we will do a table service. Again, just thinking in terms of time. Thanks for the tip on mobile ordering!

GiveMeTheMusic

I’m not sure about nighttime entertainment yet since we will only have one day. If we do see something, my choice would be World of Color (if it’s playing that night) because it is unique to DL. I don’t think we will do a table service. Again, just thinking in terms of time. Thanks for the tip on mobile ordering!

WOC might not be running then, we're not sure when it will be back. Fantasmic is completely different here than WDW, and IMO, a much better show than WOC. If you have to choose between the two, I'd choose Fantasmic.

That said, you are 100% right - if you only have one day, a table service restaurant is not a good idea as it will suck up too much time. With MaxPass you can get a lot done, including reserving show Fastpasses.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
WOC might not be running then, we're not sure when it will be back. Fantasmic is completely different here than WDW, and IMO, a much better show than WOC. If you have to choose between the two, I'd choose Fantasmic.

That said, you are 100% right - if you only have one day, a table service restaurant is not a good idea as it will suck up too much time. With MaxPass you can get a lot done, including reserving show Fastpasses.

Thank you! It looks like the entertainment schedule is released 4-6 weeks ahead of time? It will be interesting to see what our options are.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thank you! We will be there the Tuesday after MLK Day. Really hoping Haunted Mansion is open, I remember reading they remove the holiday overlay around that time.

freebird72

Are you certain about the tickets through December 31st 2018? Disneyland ticket website says one day tickets are good through December 31st 2019--and I can scroll calendar dates for a one day ticket through March 2019. Perhaps they just updated the website?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 12.42.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 12.42.47 PM.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 21

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Are you certain about the tickets through December 31st 2018? Disneyland ticket website says one day tickets are good through December 31st 2019--and I can scroll calendar dates for a one day ticket through March 2019. Perhaps they just updated the website?

They did just update because it didn’t look like that a few days ago :) Thanks! Our day is a “value” day so that’s good news.

beachlover4444

Hang on. I bought a two 3 day tickets, park hoppers with max pass. When I booked it never asked the dates i was arriving. I am going to be there January 16-18. They are loaded in my disney experience. It said tickets valid through Dec 2019.

beachlover4444

Also did you see there is a new Disney Mix Magic that starts January 18, and Mickey Soundsational parade also debuting January 2019 but they did not give the exact date on that one. I hope it's the same day so I can see them both. I really was hoping for paint the night to start back up by the time I come but I dont think so.

GiveMeTheMusic

Also did you see there is a new Disney Mix Magic that starts January 18, and Mickey Soundsational parade also debuting January 2019 but they did not give the exact date on that one. I hope it's the same day so I can see them both. I really was hoping for paint the night to start back up by the time I come but I dont think so.

Soundsational returns January 25. Sorry!

Multi-day tickets don't require a specific arrival date for Disneyland, they can be used on any day.

beachlover4444

Soundsational returns January 25. Sorry!

Multi-day tickets don't require a specific arrival date for Disneyland, they can be used on any day.
aww well maybe i can get lucky and they'll start it a week earlier, one can only hope. i am so happy about coming but I just saw from looking at dining reservation times that the fantasmic dining package is not avail the 16 or 17 only the 18th so I guess that's gonna be the only night for me to try to see fantasmic as well as the new show. Hopefully they dont run too close in time with each other. Also looking at rides I noticed as of Dec 9 all of toon town is off the grid all the way through January 3. Has anyone else heard or been able to confirm that land going down so soon for the new Mickeys Runaway railway?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom