MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

brb1006

Edgar from Disney's The Aristocats just made his first park appearance at the Disneyland Paris Event "Disney Loves Jazz".

peep

Col. Hathi's Pizza Outpost will get a new name next year (good!) and become a character dining spot (what?)

Yeah, not a fan of character dining (always feels like an excuse to mark up the cost by 300%) but I'm intrigued to see what they do. Such a beautiful location in the park.

cjkeating

Per ED92:

- Col. Hathi's Pizza Outpost will get a new name next year (good!) and become a character dining spot (what?)
- Phantom Manor will reopen in February

I think this is a positive step.

An often closed quick service that sold terrible food is becoming something useful.

I just hope the characters that meet and greet are faithful to Adventureland.

fradz

Jeff from ED92 published a new rumor regarding DLP's Disneyland Park. He himself is a bit doubtful about it, but I thought I'd share regardless.
A mini land, ressembling DL's Toon Town, would be coming between Discoveryland and IASW. The zone would mainly feature the Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway ride, and meet & greets.

The zone highlighted below is about 19.000 m² (GMR showbuilding is roughly 6.000 m²).

Attachments

• Paris_MickeyRunaway.JPG
    Paris_MickeyRunaway.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 429

fradz

Double posting for something totally different:

Illuminations (nighttime fireworks/projections show) is set to end its nightly showing as of the last day of September 2019. As of the 1st of October 2019, the new Lake show (at Disney Village) would be the nightly show, while the Illuminations fireworks would be only during weekends and holidays.
This is something that I trust a lot more than the above rumor, btw. I'm pretty confident about this one.

peep

Yeah I don't think there's much to that Toontown rumour. I'm not sure the aesthetic of that area would fit with the rest of the park? In my opinion there are so many other things the park needs compared to that.

The reduction of illuminations to just weekends/holidays next year makes so much sense, it costs a small fortune to put on every night. The new lake show should also bring some life back into the village which would be nice.

fradz

Someone else just indicated that they also heard about the Mini-Toontown (with MMRR) rumor internally this morning. The Adventureland ride would still be in the plans, and that would be the second one to come.
Let's see how this evolves and if more people heard the same.

The Empress Lilly

Jeff from ED92 published a new rumor regarding DLP's Disneyland Park. He himself is a bit doubtful about it, but I thought I'd share regardless.
A mini land, ressembling DL's Toon Town, would be coming between Discoveryland and IASW. The zone would mainly feature the Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway ride, and meet & greets.

The zone highlighted below is about 19.000 m² (GMR showbuilding is roughly 6.000 m²).
That would make sense.

But, considering the name of our website is a giveaway that most of us visit Florida too, a bit disappointing to us. I liked it better when I rode Rat at DLP and TGMR at DHS.

Sir_Cliff

That would make sense.

But, considering the name of our website is a giveaway that most of us visit Florida too, a bit disappointing to us. I liked it better when I rode Rat at DLP and TGMR at DHS.
I agree that some difference between resorts is better, though I also agree that it would make sense from DLP's perspective to incorporate MMRR into the resort. Disney projects always seem to cost more than they should, but presumably the ride itself would be relatively cost effective in that it involves a lot of projections as well as technology that have already been developed and paid for.

Not super keen on eliminating the nightly firework/projection show from Disneyland in favour of the lake show. I'm not sure why every other Disney resort sees packing guests into their restaurants for dinner as highly lucrative while at DLP if often feels like they're bolting the doors and shooing you away. Disney Village is also so poor right now and presumably about to go through several years of heavy construction and redevelopment.

The Empress Lilly

every other Disney resort sees packing guests into their restaurants for dinner as highly lucrative while at DLP if often feels like they're bolting the doors and shooing you away.
This to me is one of DLP's most mystifying aspects.

By 5pm half the restaurants are closed. By 8pm the only choice is waiting forty minutes for a hot dog at Casey's. I literally leave with an empty stomach and full wallet.

Perhaps part French culture, where opening hours are regarded foremost as a cost, and where customers are considered a nuisance. ('Closed every Tuesday from 15:00', 'Closed for lunch daily between 12:00 and 14:30', Closed from 1 September to 15 October from 17:45, from 15 October to 15 December from 17:15' Etc etc)
And perhaps part still a remnant from the dark ages a few years ago when there was just no funding whatsoever to run DLP in the ground in preparation for the TWDC takeover.

Sir_Cliff

This to me is one of DLP's most mystifying aspects.

By 5pm half the restaurants are closed. By 8pm the only choice is waiting forty minutes for a hot dog at Casey's. I literally leave with an empty stomach and full wallet.

Perhaps part French culture, where opening hours are regarded foremost as a cost, and where customers are considered a nuisance. ('Closed every Tuesday from 15:00', 'Closed for lunch daily between 12:00 and 14:30', Closed from 1 September to 15 October from 17:45, from 15 October to 15 December from 17:15' Etc etc)
And perhaps part still a remnant from the dark ages a few years ago when there was just no funding whatsoever to run DLP in the ground in preparation for the TWDC takeover.
I'm glad I'm not the only one mystified by this. The classic example for me was watching people trying to get into the shuttered ice cream parlour on the hub while waiting for Illuminations. It wasn't prime ice cream weather, but surely that period where thousands of people are milling around outside the front door trying to kill time would be one of their most profitable hours of the day. Yet, it closed early!

As you say, it seems representative of French service culture generally which is not exactly customer focused. At Disneyland Paris I've marvelled standing in line for a coffee on Main Street watching so many employees doing so little and so slowly behind the counter in a way that I've only ever seen... in a lot of other places in France!

Hopefully the WDC takeover will initiate a rethink of some of these policies. Moving the nightly entertainment out of the park doesn't suggest that's the thinking regarding the restaurants, though.

UpAllNight

The Price of a midweek hotel package, no matter for what time of the year you look, has doubled in the past year. Actually doubled. I looked this time last year and you could get Newport Beach Club 4 nights for less than £800...same dates following year it’s up to £1650....has anybody else noticed this? I played around with many different dates and it never come close to last years pricing.

It’s £400 extra for 2 of us to stay on international drive for 3 weeks! Just s Rosen inn, but still.

I can’t believe the pricing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom