Vero Beach Resort

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
Does anyone own at Vero Beach and use points to stay at WDW? If so, how easy was it to book at WDW?

Phonedave

Does anyone own at Vero Beach and use points to stay at WDW? If so, how easy was it to book at WDW?

Two points to make.

The fact it is Vero Beach has nothing to do with it. Using Vero Beach points to book at WDW is just as hard/easy as using any other resort points to book at your non-home resort.

Second, this is a question with a lot of factors. What type of room, where, and when. If you are looking for a 1BR at SSR in June, you should have no problem. If you are looking for a studio during F&W at Beach Club - forget it.

There are certain times of the year when DVC rooms are popular. Unfortunately, this is becoming most of the year. SSR still has pretty good availability all year, but it does fill up. Clearly, looking right at that 7 month window is going to help greatly - the longer you take to book, the less of a chance. 1BR usually have the best availability. they are more points than a Studio, but hold the same number of guests and real beds. People looking to save points will opt for a studio. People who are looking for more room, or for all guests to sleep in a real bed will got to a 2BR.

The advice many people give is to buy where you want to stay. I go a little differently with "buy where you do not mind staying, and are comfortable with the cost". If you want to buy at Vero, just be aware that at some point you may have to stay there, and if you do not mind that, then no problem.

I haven't check lately, but I believe Vero is no bargain - either for the points costs, or dues. What is you desire to purchase there?

-dave

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I was just looking at the initial cost on the resale market. Some Vero beach contracts are listed in the 55-65 point range. Although the dues are about $2 more a point at Vero Beach. It appears that the extra dues actually makes it come out more expensive in a per year breakdown.

correcaminos

I was just looking at the initial cost on the resale market. Some Vero beach contracts are listed in the 55-65 point range. Although the dues are about $2 more a point at Vero Beach. It appears that the extra dues actually makes it come out more expensive in a per year breakdown.
This is true. Unless you find a subsidized contract, the good deals for point cost at VB quickly go away. While dues can fluctuate with who has the lowest dues, I wouldn't but Vero or HHI unless you loved it.

What was said above about booking is true. Though to add 1 bedrooms are the easiest followed by 2 bedroom dedicated and spring through summer isn't bad either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom