Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry can't give you a like for this, it sounds like an exhausting hassle.
Their system has been absolutely terrible lately :cry: So sorry you had to deal with all the AP mess! That sounds awful.
It was frustrating, annoying, head-banging, and may not be over. Time will tell.

Just want to clarify that I Liked that you got a new Minnie Band, NOT that MDE broke.
I knew what you meant. :happy:

Sounds like Pixar could use your story as a sequel to Ralph Breaks the Internet...
If only I could get some residuals.....then the frustration would be worth it!

Why bother to cover up the name? We all know it says "Shirley" under there. "The name's Status.....Shirley Status."
Thanks for the laugh, @Songbird76! :joyfull:

RememberWhen

Finally caught up! My apologies for the likes on posts from back in June...
I do hope your MDE account is all settled. I was really nervous about making our FP with all the problems people were having, but we had no issues. Whew!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, it’s time to wrap this saga up!

Wednesday, con’t

New MagicBand in hand, we made the sad walk towards the park exit.

3CDD008C-1776-42DD-9B04-CBCA93450FDA.jpeg

(Not as soon as we wanted! 😢)

For a parting shot I made Woody stand between the giant Jack ‘o Lanterns.

90CE7E58-03BD-4FDC-8850-44E3F4C3EE45.jpeg

Inevitably, I always catch him with his eyes closed!

We hadn’t had a chance to take the boat from MK to the Poly (a ride we always enjoy) but thanks to the dark sky we wouldn’t today either. I have been on that boat in the middle of Seven Seas Lagoon during a pop-up thunderstorm ~ an experience I don’t care to repeat!

The monorail kept us dry.

We retrieved our carry-ons from Bell Services. Our Tragical was not due for another half hour, but the CM asked if we wanted to board the bus that had just pulled up.

Hmmm, arrive at the airport even earlier or relax in the Poly lobby with a tropical beverage? A no-brainer.

“We’ll wait for our bus,” I told the CM.

So Woody and I soaked up the last few minutes of our vacation in comfy lobby chairs sipping a pina colada (me) and a Coke (I couldn’t talk Woody into a Kona Longboard.) Then we moved outside to the porte cochère until our Tragical arrived.

6D30E6E1-7724-48CC-9B6A-78DF9F2433C0.jpeg

Once on the bus,
“The rain rain rain
Came down down down...”

And for the first time all summer, I didn’t care!

bee

The following week these forums began to blow up with complaints of messed up resort reservations, friends and family members no longer linked, the inability to make fastpasses, missing fastpasses, missing ADRs ~ all due to “Magical Enhancements” to My Disney Experience. People were infuriated....and rightly so! I was reading of hours-long waits on the phone to Disney IT to get issues resolved ~ and sometimes it took more than one phone call.
YIKES! Makes me glad this is an "off" year for us. I can only hope they figure this out before we buy new APs in Fall 2019!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Finally caught up! My apologies for the likes on posts from back in June...
I do hope your MDE account is all settled. I was really nervous about making our FP with all the problems people were having, but we had no issues. Whew!
Thanks for taking the time to catch up, @RememberWhen. :happy: Happy to hear you had no MDE issues for your upcoming vacation. I hope you have an amazing holiday!

My go to when I see this type of face is - "here, have a glass of wine"
Max
:joyfull:

YIKES! Makes me glad this is an "off" year for us. I can only hope they figure this out before we buy new APs in Fall 2019!!!
Funny that you need to fly halfway around the world for a "simple" Disney vacation nowadays (lucky you!) I, too, hope MDE is fixed well in advance of your next AP purchase.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Epilogue

@93boomer forgive me for keeping you in suspense.

Two days before my 60 Day FP window I received an email from Disney Destinations with the subject line, Thank you for booking at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort! This intrigued me since I had not recently booked a resort stay. Was Disney giving me a free stay?

Of course not. 😏The email was a duplicate confirmation for my next trip. Thinking the email might have been triggered by a fix of my MDE account, I immediately opened the app.

And, joy of joys, there was my AP renewal linked and ready to go. 🎉

I never received a call from a cast member nor any other notification that the issues with my account had been resolved. BUT.....I was able to make my fastpasses, and thus far they have not disappeared from MDE (although I plan to screenshot all of them!) I guess the real test will be the first time I try to enter a park. I won’t truly relax until Mickey’s head turns green!

To everyone who has followed along with my summer adventures: THANK YOU! It was great to stretch out my favorite time of year and postpone the end-of-summer blues. Thankfully, my second favorite season is just around the corner. 😊

@Longers I hope you ride BTMRR many times on your upcoming vacation! I’ll leave you with this retro pic ~

AB12015A-41FF-49AD-BD6C-064A4B025DA1.jpeg

#BTMRRrules!!

DisneyGigi

Epilogue

Two days before my 60 Day FP window I received an email from Disney Destinations with the subject line, Thank you for booking at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort! This intrigued me since I had not recently booked a resort stay. Was Disney giving me a free stay?

Of course not. 😏The email was a duplicate confirmation for my next trip. Thinking the email might have been triggered by a fix of my MDE account, I immediately opened the app.

I never received a call from a cast member nor any other notification that the issues with my account had been resolved. BUT.....I was able to make my fastpasses, and thus far they have not disappeared from MDE (although I plan to screenshot all of them!) I guess the real test will be the first time I try to enter a park. I won’t truly relax until Mickey’s head turns green!

To everyone who has followed along with my summer adventures: THANK YOU! It was great to stretch out my favorite time of year and postpone the end-of-summer blues. Thankfully, my second favorite season is just around the corner. 😊

@Longers I hope you ride BTMRR many times on your upcoming vacation! I’ll leave you with this retro pic ~

View attachment 323298
#BTMRRrules!!

You and I both feel the same way about summer. Sad to see it end and a completed summer adventure TR- but I know there will be another summer and Tuvalu adventure soon. ;) My days are now 11/25-12/1, if you are there when I am, would love to say hello, if our paths happen to cross.
Thanks for sharing your adventures once again, always love reading.

93boomer

Premium Member
Epilogue

View attachment 323298
#BTMRRrules!!
Thank you honey!! It was fabulous as always! Glad it worked out!! Until the next Tuvalu adventure....😁

Longers

Epilogue

View attachment 323298

#BTMRRrules!!
Loving this pic and I’ll certainly be on BTMRR soon.

Just wondering how many rides I can fit in :)

I said to Chris only this week that we have a tough challenge to which he replied “Tuvalu will probably be out there loads of times before the end of the year anyway!” - to hear him say it was just so funny....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom