News Ralph and Vanellope coming to Epcot's Innoventions and ImageWorks

im confused is JII still gonna be here with WIR taking over the ImageWorks??? and im surprised they aren't turning part of Innoventions where the M&G is into the a WIR area (or are they just moving the M&G later into ImageWorks???)

brb1006

So this pretty much confirms the current ImageWorks and the ride itself won't be leaving anytime soon. :facepalm:

The entire Imagination Pavilion deserves a huge overhaul and rework. The CGI Figment from 2002 now looks cheap and dull in the ride and the current Imageworks. :mad:
20140526__EpcotPavilions_Imagination_Collage.jpg

Nothing will ever top the original ImageWorks! :cry:
Journey+14+Stepping+Tones.jpg

Journey+12+Magic+Palette.jpg

Martin's updated tribute to the classic attraction has very good footage of the area.

This image based on Epic Mickey is more relevant than ever. :cry:
faux_epic_mickey_type_piece_by_dyemooch-d500o7z.jpg

Last edited:

dreamfinder

Sound it sounds like WiR will be replacing Baymax/Inside out, or getting a new space in that same area. And then down the road maybe a living character initiative (or whatever they call Turtle Talk) at Imageworks themed to WiR. Seems odd to setup a new M&G in one area just to move to a different area in a few months.

splashtest

I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end for the Imagination pavilion. Dumping the Imageworks for a meet n greet can't be a good sign. It shows that what is there isn't popular and they think they can get better return on investment by shoving some foamheads in there. IMO we will be lucky if Figment is still around in 5-8 years time.
We were there at the end of September. Barely anything in Imagine Works was working. All of the computers except 2 were down. The place was a ghost town.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sound it sounds like WiR will be replacing Baymax/Inside out, or getting a new space in that same area. And then down the road maybe a living character initiative (or whatever they call Turtle Talk) at Imageworks themed to WiR. Seems odd to setup a new M&G in one area just to move to a different area in a few months.

My guess is that they are going to use that big space across from the Magic Photo Studio area...It was a fairly big space which can easily be used for a M&G...

I'd hate to say it...But, even after Ralph & Vanellope's run....I would take a Figzilla M&G again just to keep the pavilion alive...

LSLS

I have a feeling this is the beginning of the end for the Imagination pavilion. Dumping the Imageworks for a meet n greet can't be a good sign. It shows that what is there isn't popular and they think they can get better return on investment by shoving some foamheads in there. IMO we will be lucky if Figment is still around in 5-8 years time.

You really think THIS is the beginning of the end for the pavilion?

Bairstow

Vanellope looks like she got princessized. Lens flare in the eyes, more smile less smirk, etc.
Big improvement in my book. The original vanellope head was frightful.
Please don't tell me this means imagination is becoming journey into imagination with Ralph.

It's not, but I don't understand how this wouldn't be an automatic improvement over what's there now.

trainplane3

The pavilion's been dead since 1998 and then was turned into a zombie in 2002. At least now there'll be something to do that isn't completely broken or requires DVC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom