2018 NCAA Football Thread

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
They were. I was a the Orange Bowl that year. They played like they were hungover.:hilarious: I sat in the rain watching.. I’ll never forgive them for that.
I recall!! That was the Year the BCS had 5 undefeated Teams, with Boise and TCU raising Cain to be in the Championship. Bama had 1 slot tied up, and Texas was the favorite for the other....all Texas had to do was beat Nebraska. It was supposed to be an easy game, but defensive tackle dude, who was not well known at the time, showed up big with many sacks and QB pressures. Some say that was the last greatest game that dude ever played....he has cashed in on that game for almost a decade now and is on his 3rd NFL team.

Anywho, back to that game....Texas ran 1 last play to try to get in closer field goal range, and Colt McCoy ended up lobbing the ball out of bounds to stop the clock...remember? The clock ran out and replay gave Texas 1 second in which they used to hit the winning FG.

Going in to that game the BCS Standings had 1) Bama, 2) Texas, 3) Boise, 4) TCU, 5) Cincinnati

A lot of people thought if Texas would have lost, Boise or TCU would have gone to the BCS Championship, but they fail to remember Cincinnati won the Big East that same day, and moved up to #3, jumping both Boise and TCU.

That BSC Rose Bowl was the 1st of Saban's Bama Championships, and most don't realize his ONLY undefeated season. It was also Bama's 1st since Stallings' in '92....Garrett Gilbert came in in relief of injured Colt McCoy, and most forget Texas got the ball back with 4 mins left in the game, down by only 1 score. Courtney Upshaw recovered a fumble inside the 10 yard line, and Mark Ingram finished the scoring with a TD, putting the game away. Marcel Darius was the game's MVP, having an unreal pick 6 inside 10 seconds left in the 1st half.....

**edit** Cincy actually played Florida in the Sugar Bowl this year...my bad!!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
They were. I was a the Orange Bowl that year. They played like they were hungover.:hilarious: I sat in the rain watching.. I’ll never forgive them for that.
Cincinatti's best season (the year after that OB appearance) ended in a game vs. Florida, in the Sugar Bowl.
Right! I was wrong in my post above indicating Cincinnati's undefeated season had them playing Va Tech in the Orange Bowl. You were correct as Cincy played Tebow and Florida in the Sugar Bowl that Year! My bad....just edited my post above

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Are you REAL??

MIchigan - Michigan State ...Michigan has everything to lose

Clemson- NC State....NC State, the day has arrived

LSU - Miss State .... LSU has everything to lose

Oregon- Wash State .... Oregon has everything to lose

Who steps up? Who’s dream ends?

winstongator

If “are you real” was asked of NC State what does the first half say? Michigan has a full game answer.

Missouri's offense looks potent.

The AAC may be overrated.

winstongator

tOSU ouch. Blown out again against inferior, unranked opponent. The Fighting Drew Brees just wouldn’t let up, scoring 50! (I know 49) wow!
The S&P+ (computer ranking) score difference between Alabama and Florida is about what it was between OSU & Purdue. I don't know if that encourages or discourages me.

21stamps

I woke up this morning and hoped that last night was only a dream.

Nope.

OSU blew it.

So disgusting. It kept getting worse and worse and disgustingly worse.
I can’t imagine what Urban was thinking.

Good job to Purdue.

21stamps

My hopes for the rest of the season-

OSU wins out, beats Michigan. Watches the playoffs from home and lights a fire for next year.

I feel like I’m talking about the Bengals. :hilarious:

Oh, and I really want to see Bama lose.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom