Flamingo Crossing Hotels

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
How close are these to DAK? I assume it's the closest park.

Capture.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Orlando Business Journal is reporting two more third party hotels comings to the Flamingo Crossing area which brings the total to a number I don't remember. The article is behind a paywall but according to the site which cannot be named they will be a Holiday Inn, an eight-story building with 173 rooms, and a Hyatt House with five-story and six-story building mash up with 148 rooms.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...d-32m-in-new-hotels-planned-near-disneys.html

kelknight84

We've stayed at the Springhill suites 4 times now. No traffic, no parking fees, nice rooms, free breakfast, low cost, nice amenities, amazing short drive onto property. Shh, don't spoil our little Paradise hideaway!

jt04

Orlando Business Journal is reporting two more third party hotels comings to the Flamingo Crossing area which brings the total to a number I don't remember. The article is behind a paywall but according to the site which cannot be named they will be a Holiday Inn, an eight-story building with 173 rooms, and a Hyatt House with five-story and six-story building mash up with 148 rooms.

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...d-32m-in-new-hotels-planned-near-disneys.html

are there any restaurants? Still waiting for IHOP.

I'm still waiting to see some of the supporting businesses open there - gas stations, restaurants, etc. Currently, you have to drive either to Winter Garden to the North or Kissimmee/192 to the South. Maybe with this rapidly increasing hotel count we'll see enough folks to support such businesses

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Its going to be quite busy around there.. the 2,600 new Disney College Program Apartments will be there as well.

JohnD

Photo update as of Thursday, Feb. 25. While the hotels are open, there are still construction details being taken care of. Not every amenity is available yet, but will be soon. (Not sure why I did this....it's not even a Disney property.)

View attachment 132276

The two hotels share the pool, which has ample seating areas on both sides. Guests of one hotel are not able to enter the lobby or dining facilities at the other hotel, as all doors from the pool area are key fob entry. The large fitness center is in the background.

View attachment 132277

Between the two hotels at the pool is this yet unfinished interior space on the left, behind the plywood panels. (Snack bar? Recreation?)

View attachment 132278

The one hot tub is in the background, behind the red barrier ribbon. The fitness center is in the right background.

View attachment 132279

To the left of the fitness center are self-service, gas barbeque grills.

View attachment 132280

Lobby of the Towneplace Suites.

View attachment 132281

Breakfast area for the SpringHill Suites hotel.

View attachment 132282

Bar for the SpringHill Suites hotel.

View attachment 132283

Bar for the Townplace Suites.

View attachment 132284

In keeping with the sports marketing, beyond the parking lot in front of the Towneplace Suites hotel is this shelter with gas barbeque grills, and two batting cages.

View attachment 132285

I stayed there in January (Springhill Suites). Very nice. While the drive isn't at close as DS, I think it's actually a quicker drive as it isn't in a high traffic area -- yet. I parked at every park so was able to follow the exits directly there easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom