Maid Marian in Parks?

figmentisgreat

Original Poster
Has anyone ever seen Maid Marian in the parks? I never have, and she is my favorite disney female character. According to another site, she has been seen, but I'm not sure if I should believe them or not. If anyone has seen her, do you have pictures? Do you think there would be any way that she or the Robin Hood gang would be out at the PPP?

urbanvegan

Wikipedia says that she does appear, but I for one have never seen her nor heard of her appearing.

Perhaps someone else can confirm?

elizs77

I like her just b/c we have the same name (it's my first name) AND it is spelled with the correct feminine form of the name.

I've never seen her out at meet and greets, either.

urbanvegan

Shes too busy washing tights.

Or playing badminton.

It always bothered me in the movie when the archery tournament turns into a brawl and she just ran around asking for help - and then when Robin Hood is fighting off the guards she just hides and giggles. I was always thinking, "Pick up a sword and fight, woman! Lady Cluck can do it!"

joanna71985

It always bothered me in the movie when the archery tournament turns into a brawl and she just ran around asking for help - and then when Robin Hood is fighting off the guards she just hides and giggles. I was always thinking, "Pick up a sword and fight, woman! Lady Cluck can do it!"

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

Elonwy

she used to be out in the parks years ago. I have my picture with her when I was 6 or 7. That would have been in 197*cough*:eek: actually lets just say a few years back.

That was before Belle, Mulan, Jasmine, any Pixar flicks and the like so I guess they have to weed out some characters.

I always remember meeting Maid Marian, Mr. Smee from Peter Pan and Gideon the cat from Pinocchio so when (if) I see any of them again I get quite excited.

If I can find the pic. I will post it for you

Hebablo

2B3FA895-5467-4A41-8CE1-F2439EFA1AC7.jpeg

LittleBuford

Sorry I’m 10 Years late, but this was me meeting her in January 1999. Magic Kingdom near the 20,000 Leagues Submarines. Where mine train is now. There were always characters under a green gazeebo and I got lucky. All the best!

What is that adorable thing you're wearing? It looks like some sort of smock or poncho with tractors all over it.

ETA: It's fascinating to catch a glimpse of the site demographics of ten years ago. I have a crush on urbanvegan!

Hebablo

What is that adorable thing you're wearing? It looks like some sort of smock or poncho with tractors all over it.

ETA: It's fascinating to catch a glimpse of the site demographics of ten years ago. I have a crush on urbanvegan!

Haha it looks to be a fuzzy pyjama shirt. Couldn’t tell you for sure. :) and yeah really cool to see that old forum posts have survived. Wonder if original poster will ever see these photos

brb1006

Also Disney missed an opportunity to bring Maid Marian back to the parks with a newer design looking closer and more accurate to her film design.

Here's the latest appearance of the Robin Hood characters at a DVC event at MK earlier this year.

Hebablo

Also Disney missed an opportunity to bring Maid Marian back to the parks with a newer design looking closer and more accurate to her film design.

Here's the latest appearance of the Robin Hood characters at a DVC event at MK earlier this year.

Yeah it seems she was left behind. Must have been low fan demand for her which is a shame.

P.S. That Little John is terrifying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom