Trip Report The Never-Ending Summer Of Disney *COMPLETED*

Seriously?!!

Can you believe it??

BC7AE996-5BB5-4770-9C10-F20CE1197633.jpeg

This is jaw-dropping news!!

If only.

Two things in life give me the blues ~ the end of summer and the end of a Disney vacation. A never-ending summer of Disney would be a dream come true! But I am certainly happy to “settle” for a WDW vacay in June....in July....and in August. 😊And rather than write three separate trip reports (and annoy @amjt660 when my *COMPLETED* report really isn’t 😉) I decided to take @Rista1313 ’s suggestion and post an ongoing travelogue, à la @blgauger style.

So let’s get started!

Vacation #1
June 16-24, 2018
Tuvalu, Woody and Em get pampered at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Was there rain? Any snarky Cast Members? Ridiculous guest behavior? A Magic meet-up? How many times did we watch Happily Ever After?

You’ll have to follow along to find out.

DisneyGigi

@Tuvalu has more grace, than probably anybody on this board. It is okay to call out things, that some people take advantage of. She isn’t personally saying anyone does, but it is fact some people do. I, for one, am, so thankful for her many trip reports over the years, they kept me going, and gave me something to look forward to, when I could not go. I hope, there are many more to read in the future.

Longers

There was a marked difference in the weather when we left Liberty Tree Tavern

@Longers, you’re gonna have some catching up to do in a few weeks. I have faith in you! 😊

View attachment 320358

Well you’ve certainly set me a challenge - I’m just grateful for my head start in March......... as without it I wouldn’t have a chance!

I’ll give it a good go - either way I’ll just be glad to get home....

The clock is ticking!

Spash007

Sorry to derail again, but I also just want to share my appreciation for @Tuvalu. I know I "discussed" strollers (and am worried I am partially responsible for the recent derailment), but my purpose was solely to offer a different perspective, which is something I think is done great on these boards. It's so easy for people to get lost in their own Disney vacation, but I think these boards really help to show how different everyone and everyone's situations are. I've learned a lot on these boards, both about Disney itself, and some things that probably should be obvious to me, but aren't because it's not a situation I deal with regularly. And being able to take out a few minutes of my work day and live vicariously through those who do get to go more often also isn't half bad either. So thank you to everyone on these boards for your insights!

WDisneyW

Not to pile on but I have been in the shadows for years, 7 to be exact, and I feel it is time to come out of the shadows to express my opinion. I always enjoyed @Tuvalu trip reports, they get me through some long days at work;). She is sharing her experiences, which she does not have to do, to help us all through our Disney withdrawals. To go on the attack is not what these Trip Reports are for. Keep up the great work @Tuvalu

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Not to pile on but I have been in the shadows for years, 7 to be exact, and I feel it is time to come out of the shadows to express my opinion. I always enjoyed @Tuvalu trip reports, they get me through some long days at work;). She is sharing her experiences, which she does not have to do, to help us all through our Disney withdrawals. To go on the attack is not what these Trip Reports are for. Keep up the great work @Tuvalu

Welcome to the forums! :) And that was a nice little tribute above to our pal, Tuvalu!

susan lees

Here here! I also was laughing when you mentioned trip reports getting you through long days at work. I'm the same but I have to have two screens on the go, one work related and one TR related so I can quickly change over it anyone comes to my desk 😂😂

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I appreciate the kind words of support on these last few pages. It is never my intent to offend when I share an observation that stuns me. I never take for granted how incredibly blessed I am to travel to WDW frequently and to have forum friends who are interested in reading about my trips. 💜

Those are really cute--love the Halloween garb. :inlove: Did you actually remember them from 2013, or was there some reference to the "history" of this display, perhaps somewhere nearby?
I took those Mickey & Minnie window pics in 2013. 😉😊

Well you’ve certainly set me a challenge - I’m just grateful for my head start in March......... as without it I wouldn’t have a chance!
Hmmmmm......whose idea was this challenge? :cautious: :joyfull:

Thank you for faithfully following my reports. :cat:

Here here! I also was laughing when you mentioned trip reports getting you through long days at work. I'm the same but I have to have two screens on the go, one work related and one TR related so I can quickly change over it anyone comes to my desk 😂😂
It's nice to know I'm not alone in doing that :joyfull:
You naughty ladies! :hilarious:

Longers

I appreciate the kind words of support on these last few pages. It is never my intent to offend when I share an observation that stuns me. I never take for granted how incredibly blessed I am to travel to WDW frequently and to have forum friends who are interested in reading about my trips. 💜
Hmmmmm......whose idea was this challenge? :cautious::joyfull:
You naughty ladies! :hilarious:

Mmmmm. - ok so let me clear this up - thinking back to the end of last year - - I was just curious as to how many times in a year you rode BTMRR given I kept getting tagged and then it just kind of became a challenge- in a good way...... nothing like a bit of friendly fun between WDW Magic members (who can hopefully meet in 2019 and ride BTMRR together!)

susan lees

Mmmmm. - ok so let me clear this up - thinking back to the end of last year - - I was just curious as to how many times in a year you rode BTMRR given I kept getting tagged and then it just kind of became a challenge- in a good way...... nothing like a bit of friendly fun between WDW Magic members (who can hopefully meet in 2019 and ride BTMRR together!)
Maybe a wdw magic members only BTMRR ride 😂😂😂

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

As we walked out of the Emporium I turned to Woody and asked, “Can we stop by City Hall? Maybe someone can tell me why my Minnie band stopped working.”

“As long as you’re willing to take the risk of getting rained on,” he replied.

I gave a quick glance into the sky and decided the rain threat was not imminent. “If the line is long we won’t wait,” I declared.

7BCF5D6B-5DEF-4308-8E34-1F01EC7D6D53.png

The folks milling around the entrance were doing just that.....milling. There were only a couple of people inside waiting to speak to a Guest Services CM.

3A1DE4F7-F600-48FB-BED0-0F7E0A7E8D1B.jpeg

Soon it was our turn for assistance. Cast Member Jim motioned us over to his station.

“My MagicBand isn’t working,” I announced.

Jim took my band and held it against his iPad. He smiled at me and said, “Are you sure? Looks like it is working to me.”

For a brief moment I felt a great sense of relief. Perhaps the workers in IT had finally corrected the problems in my MDE account?

“Mickey turned blue when I tried to enter the park this morning,” I explained to Jim. I then told him about our ordeal at Guest Services last night and having to use a comp ticket for my admission and fastpasses today.

Jim pressed my band against his iPad again. Then he furrowed his brow. He looked at his screen for a long time. “I’ll be right back,” he said before disappearing behind a private door.

This can’t be good. I’ve seen that perplexed furrowed-brow look before.

Jim returned several minutes later and handed me this ~
C66EE9C2-F5E2-4976-A08E-FAA39A81B722.jpeg

It was a voucher for a replacement Minnie MagicBand.

“Take this to the Emporium next door and get a new band. The cashier can link it for you.”

So back to the Emporium we went.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom