News Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple to close November 4; no replacement as of yet

Rich T

I don't disagree that it needs tons of work but they won't do it now because they don't "need" to do it given packed parks. If folks stopped riding the rides in the land, maybe their would be a red flag for them.
Let's just address the Rocket Rods ruins for now. It's been nearly 20 years. 20 YEARS. Any other park owned by a company that cares would have addressed the situation 15 years ago... and for a reasonable cost. Disneyland is the most famous and historic theme park in the world. Anyone on this forum could come up with a quick-fix that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. All Disney has to do is make it look *NOT* terrible. Aaargh, it's so mind-boggling.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I have an inside source from the guy who sells Kennedy, Krushchev, and Castro masks in Fantasyland. He told me that Big Thunder Mountain will get a McDonald’s sponsorship. It will be about Ronald mining for golden fries, but “the King” and “the Chicken Man” are trying to destroy McDonald’s wonderful food . It’ll be fun, thrilling, and encourage child obesity.
as long as we get a Mayor McCheese AA it will be worth it

Darkbeer1

I can confirm this, the quotes of the CM's that perform are real, and was discussed on Tuesday afternoon in my work group.

Phroobar

How will they ever top the experience of fighting Darth Vader with a plastic toy stick?

I’m really curious if they’ll sell toy lightsabers in Galaxy’s Edge. The integrity of the land would suffer with that crap.
Last I checked, lightsabers were part of Star Wars so every kid and Peter Pan syndrome adult will be running around with one in Galaxy's Edge.

I assume the JTA will be moved to a stage somewhere in Galaxy's Edge with a new show and FO Stormtroopers.

Kamikaze

I’m really curious if they’ll sell toy lightsabers in Galaxy’s Edge. The integrity of the land would suffer with that crap.

All the merchandise in SW:GE is stuff that could be made in a GFFA. So no, they won't be selling the type of plastic lightsabers we all recognize. That doesn't mean they won't have some type of 'toy' thats clearly a lightsaber, but the familiar ones won't be sold there.

Phroobar

Jedi Training cannot be in Galaxy's Edge because it does not make sense as an 'in universe' attraction.

tumblr_inline_mf9bzfy6pj1qaqsz7.gif

However you CAN make a new show where Rey trains a new generation of Force users because EVERYONE has the Force. They could use Force powers to lift R2 and "holo" Darth Vader or Kyo Ren to fight.

Last edited:

Kamikaze

However you CAN make a new show where Rey trains a new generation of Force users because EVERYONE has the Force. They could use Force powers to lift R2 and "holo" Darth Vader or Kyo Ren to fight.

Everything that happens has to make sense in universe. There is not a 'Jedi Academy' at the time SW:GE takes place, thus no one can train Jedi at one.

Phroobar

Everything that happens has to make sense in universe. There is not a 'Jedi Academy' at the time SW:GE takes place, thus no one can train Jedi at one.
So change the stupid name. "Rey's fun with lightsabers".

Besides we could be in a time period before Kyo destroyed the Jedi Temple or even after when Rey recreated the Academy. You don't know. Point is, it is easy to justify.

Kamikaze

So change the stupid name. "Rey's fun with lightsabers".

Besides we could be in a time period before Kyo destroyed the Jedi Temple or even after when Rey recreated the Academy. You don't know. Point is, it is easy to justify.

We do know.

During the "Star Wars and Disney Parks: A Galaxy in the Making" panel at Celebration Orlando, Asa Kalama of Walt Disney Imagineering stated that what they were building would be canonical. It was later revealed to take place after The Last Jedi through promotional material for the books series Flight of the Falcon.

Phroobar

We do know.
So Rey created a new "Academy". Why do you have a problem with that?
During the "Star Wars and Disney Parks: A Galaxy in the Making" panel at Celebration Orlando, Asa Kalama of Walt Disney Imagineering stated that what they were building would be canonical. It was later revealed to take place after The Last Jedi through promotional material for the books series Flight of the Falcon.
According to Thrawn: Alliances, Padme, Anakin and Thrawn all visited Batuu. Here is official Disney art of Padme on Batuu.
https://www.starwars.com/news/thrawn-alliances-exclusive-excerpt-2
Batuu was even mentioned in Solo by L3-37.

Basically this proves the timeline can be before and after TLJ. We just know the FO are around. Luke could have still had his Jedi Temple at that time. What this comes down to is Disney can do whatever they want.

Thrawn-Padme-Poster.jpg

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I think you're getting stuck on the "Jedi Academy" name. The point @Phrubruh was trying to make was that the TL SW show can be and likely will be moved over to SW:GE. What that show will be is unknown, but we do know from the end of TLJ there are other Force users out there. So having Rey setup a new Force User Academy is not out of the realm of possibilities.

SuddenStorm

How will they ever top the experience of fighting Darth Vader with a plastic toy stick?

A while back (I don't remember where) I heard that they're trying to develop a quality realistic lightsaber souvenir for the land.

Harry Potter has wands.
Pandora has the Banshees.

Star Wars land will likely have lightsabers.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
A while back (I don't remember where) I heard that they're trying to develop a quality realistic lightsaber souvenir for the land.

Harry Potter has wands.
Pandora has the Banshees.

Star Wars land will likely have lightsabers.

Hopefully it will be something better than a plastic flashlight with a colored tube on the end of it. I rather have a blaster.

Phroobar

Hopefully it will be something better than a plastic flashlight with a colored tube on the end of it. I rather have a blaster.
I'm thinking something along the lines of the more high quality Hasbro FX series ones. These will also make the Force work at various locations in the land. Just think a HP wand as a lightsaber.

If you want real high quality, I would love to see Ultrasabers sell their swords in the park.

https://ultrasabers.com/

maxresdefault.jpg

wdrive

We all know how weird they get with their made up Star Wars rules for the parks. It wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t want this back because they don’t want Vader on stage fighting kids. Or something along those lines.

But personally, I would have brought this back years ago. Not to give them ideas but they could even bring in an up charge advance booking for $50 where you get a $1 cupcake at the end

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom