News Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple to close November 4; no replacement as of yet

mickEblu

David from Fresh Baked has a source who claimed Tomorrowland is going to be almost completely demolished and rebuilt, with Space Mountain and likely the Disneyland Monorail as the only attractions to remain. And is now slated to be the next large scale project.

You could even speculate further, as there is no known Star Tours replacement, Astro Orbiter is rumored to be removed alongside the decorative rocks, the Matterhorn queue conveniently moving crowds away from Tomorowland, and now the sudden removal of this.

Juicy. I don’t even care that it’s a friend of a friend of Freshbaked. News has been slow.

mickEblu

David from Fresh Baked has a source who claimed Tomorrowland is going to be almost completely demolished and rebuilt, with Space Mountain and likely the Disneyland Monorail as the only attractions to remain. And is now slated to be the next large scale project.

You could even speculate further, as there is no known Star Tours replacement, Astro Orbiter is rumored to be removed alongside the decorative rocks, the Matterhorn queue conveniently moving crowds away from Tomorowland, and now the sudden removal of this.

Can we get a link?

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

The guy from a Half-baked. Sounds legit.

JD2000

The guy from a Half-baked. Sounds legit.
Here is what they said about the source during their weekly live stream: "not from a cast member, not from a random person on a message board, but from somebody who would have a reason to know things"... "and a trustworthy source". Take it however you want.

JD2000

He also mentioned plans to re-route the Space Mountain entrance to detach it from the Pizza Port building. So if that happens. It would probably add to rumor being true.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I would take anything Fresh Baked has to say with a grain of salt. that guy talks out of his behind a lot. he is very odd. there was one video he came off sooo creepy and entitled when he was physically angry about the parking line getting into the park and he really likes the new auction scene and makes fun of those who don't. any guy who is ok with that major change is not trust worthy.

TP2000

Is he basing that off of the construction of new landscape planters in front of the Matterhorn Bobsleds chalet?

Or does he have an actual inside source? I'm betting he's guestimating this all based on some new planters that he thinks proves the Disneyland Monorail will soon make a 90 degree turn in front of the old Fantasyland Autopia. :rolleyes:

SuddenStorm

Off topic, but it's funny how much that site dropped off my radar. Even if I missed the tail end of the Lutz days. I used to at least check ferociously every tuesday and follow their photo reports.

The last MiceAge update was actually a year ago now. RIP.

It doesn't help that their forums have devolved in the last few years.

Every once in a while, while researching a historical tidbit about Disneyland, an old Micechat thread from '05-'10 will pop up. Usually, the conversation is knowledgeable, enlightening, logical, and well informed.

It seems like most of the quality contributors have left, which is a shame. Most threads their now are just a rehash of the "Eisner killed Walt's dream" argument over and over and over again.

It's a bit sad seeing something that used to be such an important part of the fan community with quality discussion, updates, and rumors slowly die, without anything like it taking it's place. Social media hasn't been kind and if anything, has fragmented the community.

TP2000

It doesn't help that their forums have devolved in the last few years.

Every once in a while, while researching a historical tidbit about Disneyland, an old Micechat thread from '05-'10 will pop up. Usually, the conversation is knowledgeable, enlightening, logical, and well informed.

It seems like most of the quality contributors have left, which is a shame. Most threads their now are just a rehash of the "Eisner killed Walt's dream" argument over and over and over again.

It's a bit sad seeing something that used to be such an important part of the fan community with quality discussion, updates, and rumors slowly die, without anything like it taking it's place. Social media hasn't been kind and if anything, has fragmented the community.

A lot of them are here now. ;)

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
So long as Space Mountain is safe, i'm happy. No reason to change it, and while we're at it can we remove "Hyperspace" and "Ghost Galaxy" from the lineup??

Was it FB who said this? I heard the people mover tracks are already being removed from the inside of the structures it goes through. It's sad and depressing given its history, but so is seeing an empty track. I ultimately don't think we're that far off from an announcement. May happen anytime next year.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Well when they ban their posters that is what happens.

What'd you all do to get banned? I said some pretty mean things about the direction of Disney and I can still post :)

What brought me over here was the notification system and much higher traffic.

mickEblu

So long as Space Mountain is safe, i'm happy. No reason to change it, and while we're at it can we remove "Hyperspace" and "Ghost Galaxy" from the lineup??

Was it FB who said this? I heard the people mover tracks are already being removed from the inside of the structures it goes through. It's sad and depressing given its history, but so is seeing an empty track. I ultimately don't think we're that far off from an announcement. May happen anytime next year.

If Space Mountain, the monorail and the lagoon stick around then I’m good with it. If they could also find a way to pay homage to Autopia with an updated futuristic version even better. With all of this said, with their choices recently, I can’t even be sure I would enjoy a new TL more than what we have now. I’m not talking about the attractions because I’m sure the new attractions would be better than the likes of Buzz and Nemo. I’m talking about the loss of history and old school layout/ TL buildings and the Forrest behind Autopia. Will the new TL be visually impressive but lack any character or soul? Maybe, maybe not.

As far as the attractions we know their will be IP. That’s just a given. So assuming Marvel stays in Marvel Land what does that leave? Big Hero 6, Tron, Wall-E etc. Better than Nemo and Buzz I guess.

Personally I’d love to just see some 1967 kinetic energy brought back to the land. And levels. TL needs to have 3 levels of activity. A restaurant on a third level with balcony seating. Tall structures/ buildings with greenery going all the way up the buildings like they do in different places in Asia. And just a nice weenie for the land. I’m guessing a cheesy spinner wouldn’t really work.

So give me all that ^^^or give me TL 1967 the remix.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn't the old peoplemover/rocketgeddon slated to come down? If a major project like that is in the works, then a complete TL rebuild seems plausible.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
If Space Mountain, the monorail and the lagoon stick around then I’m good with it. If they could also find a way to pay homage to Autopia with an updated futuristic version even better. With all of this said, with their choices recently, I can’t even be sure I would enjoy a new TL more than what we have now. I’m not talking about the attractions because I’m sure the new attractions would be better than the likes of Buzz and Nemo. I’m talking about the loss of history and old school layout/ TL buildings and the Forrest behind Autopia. Will the new TL be visually impressive but lack any character or soul? Maybe, maybe not.

As far as the attractions we know their will be IP. That’s just a given. So assuming Marvel stays in Marvel Land what does that leave? Big Hero 6, Tron, Wall-E etc. Better than Nemo and Buzz I guess.

Personally I’d love to just see some 1967 kinetic energy brought back to the land. And levels. TL needs to have 3 levels of activity. A restaurant on a third level with balcony seating. Tall structures/ buildings with greenery going all the way up the buildings like they do in different places in Asia. And just a nice weenie for the land. I’m guessing a cheesy spinner wouldn’t really work.

So give me all that ^^^or give me TL 1967 the remix.

I hear you. In my opinion, they're pushing the imagineers to be less and less creative as they're forced to go with an IP-based lands or attractions. Buzz and Nemo wont be missed by me. While I am bummed about a people mover track demolition (because of its history), I know it needs to be done.

Don't forget Frozen :/ i'm sure they'll find a way to put things that make no sense into Tomorrowland. Love your ideas, but wouldn't taller structures mean you could see them from the rest of the park? I suppose this is true now to an extent.

They had a poster reputation system where if people didn't agree with you they could lower your approval rating until you where banned.

No kidding. I guess not enough people voted against me.

Another way would be to call Dusty out on his stupid comments or criticize the site staff.

Well shoot.. no comment on that but i'm sure a few members on here would have something to say that would agree with you lol.

mickEblu

I hear you. In my opinion, they're pushing the imagineers to be less and less creative as they're forced to go with an IP-based lands or attractions. Buzz and Nemo wont be missed by me. While I am bummed about a people mover track demolition (because of its history), I know it needs to be done.

Don't forget Frozen :/ i'm sure they'll find a way to put things that make no sense into Tomorrowland. Love your ideas, but wouldn't taller structures mean you could see them from the rest of the park? I suppose this is true now to an extent.

No kidding. I guess not enough people voted against me.

Well shoot.. no comment on that but i'm sure a few members on here would have something to say that would agree with you lol.

I wouldn’t miss Nemo or Buzz at all.

Well what I’m envisioning as a taller structure wouldn’t be any taller than Space Mountain (except for maybe the land weenie) and definitely not taller than the Matterhorn. Something tells me that even if they do a complete TL rebuild that they would leave the Star Tours simulators. It’s just too easy to retheme.

I didn’t mention Frozen because that would be part of a Fantasyland expansion even though it could take up a portion of the Autopia/ TL real estate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom