iOS app crashing

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Original Poster
iPhone 6s Plus
iOS 12.0

The WDWMAGIC iOS app sometimes crashes upon opening. I think I have isolated the problem to closing out of YouTube somehow, and then opening WDWMAGIC right away, but I haven’t yet been able to intentionally recreate the crash.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
iPhone 6s Plus
iOS 12.0

The WDWMAGIC iOS app sometimes crashes upon opening. I think I have isolated the problem to closing out of YouTube somehow, and then opening WDWMAGIC right away, but I haven’t yet been able to intentionally recreate the crash.
I haven't been able to reproduce this. Have you tried a reboot? How long has it been happening for?

Gitson Shiggles

Original Poster
I’ve been copying links from the YouTube app and minimizing that app to get back to a post I’m in the middle of composing in the WDWMAGIC app. That’s when it seems to be crashing, but like you, I haven’t been able to intentionally cause it.

It started today, within the last 2-3 hours. I updated the iOS late last night (about 11 pm Central US). I’ll reboot and update you if this occurs again.

Gitson Shiggles

Original Poster
Glad to report after rebooting, no further problems with what I initially reported.

FYI: The keyboard cursor now disappears occasionally with all apps I have tried, though I’m assuming that’s an Apple-level issue.

alik9221

Hi, I updated my iPhone 7 to ios12 over the weekend and since then the forum section on the app fails to load (once I click ‘forum’ I can see the various forum names but if I click on any of them I just get a blank screen and it won’t load to the sub forums people post onto). Anyone else having this problem?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hi, I updated my iPhone 7 to ios12 over the weekend and since then the forum section on the app fails to load (once I click ‘forum’ I can see the various forum names but if I click on any of them I just get a blank screen and it won’t load to the sub forums people post onto). Anyone else having this problem?
No this isnt anything I have seen reported.
Can you try force closing the app and reopening it?

Tony the Tigger

Thanks I decided to do that after your message and sure it now works a dream!

I may have to try that. Mine keeps crashing also on my iPhone 7, but not when I am a Premium member.

D753558A-13BD-499B-AC03-C91CE24C8091.jpeg

It can happen several times an hour, including mid-post.

Mysmallworldof4 reported similar experience.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I may have to try that. Mine keeps crashing also on my iPhone 7, but not when I am a Premium member.

View attachment 318492

It can happen several times an hour, including mid-post.

Mysmallworldof4 reported similar experience.
That is unfortunately related to an ad that is being shown (which we don't have much control over). The browser is crashing, not specifically the app. When you are premium, you don't see any ads, which is why it was OK for you then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom