News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Thebolt

The setting for Tron seems really strange; hidden out of view tucked behind everything.
Removing the speedway to open up that area must be on the cards at some point. They have so many things in progress, you can see why it is likely to be there for the first couple of seasons of Tron, but long term?

Hopefully they will at least manage to open out the route around by the Barnstormer, so there is a stream of passing foot traffic around the new ride. Maybe a drinks station or something as well, to stop it feeling like a dead end.

PizzaPlanet

Dinosaur is weak sauce compared to its Indy cousin. The cheap "thrills" (I use that term VERY loosely) on Dinosaur are barely enough to keep you engaged in the flimsy "storyline" (I use that term even more loosely) before you can roll your eyes at the stupidity of the idiot on the screen and in your speakers telling you about the next dino you encounter. The sense of urgency that they tried to make on it also failed miserably. Such a missed opportunity for a great ride system. It feels like the most expensive value engineered (nay, neglected) ride at DAK.
You are incorrect. DINOSAUR is fast, it's a blast, and it's in the past.

rle4lunch

I don't why people hate that ride when it uses that exact same ride system as Indy at DL. People just don't like the IP I believe so they try to trash it for that reason alone.

Same ride system, completely different pace, tempo, rider engagement

ryguy

Yeah, and all of the pollution strewn into the atmosphere every night for the massive fireworks displays, and the tremendous carbon footprint created by Disney due to all of the electricity that they use to run all of the rides, and the Diesel fuel powered parking lot trams, and the busses.

Don't worry, they got rid of straws and drink lids. That'll fix everything...including the oceans of the world.
I was talking about the cast members working in unhealthy conditions ie noxious fumes and high decibel levels. Changing the cars to alternative source of power is the future and fits right into Tomorrowland. Lose the snark, its unbecoming of a super hero. ;)

britain

My biggest beef with Dinosaur vs. Indy is that Dinosaur is not a ride through a 'place', and the interior for exterior effect totally fails. If they tripled the amount of visible trees and somehow added a dusky sky, it would add atmosphere, texture, tone.

Indy is like Big Thunder and Dinosaur is like Space Mountain, but without the expansive views of space.

Bocabear

My biggest beef with Dinosaur vs. Indy is that Dinosaur is not a ride through a 'place', and the interior for exterior effect totally fails. If they tripled the amount of visible trees and somehow added a dusky sky, it would add atmosphere, texture, tone.

Indy is like Big Thunder and Dinosaur is like Space Mountain, but without the expansive views of space.
What?!?!? And now this relates to the Speedway in the Magic Kingdom how?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Maximum? I want to say 1280 cars per hour in perfect conditions for a THC.

Or 2560 assuming two guests per car.

Wow, didn't realize it had that much throughput per hour (in perfect conditions).

So it's basically a people-eater. There's no question now - They need to replace that bighugemassive waste of environmentally unfriendly space (because Diznee is "Green") with something that can handle less than half of that number per hour, but has movie IP attached to it. #Merchandise #Synergy

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And a cast eater. Minimum skeleton cast is around half a dozen not counting the garage. If you want that maximum THRC it’s 25+. Not including garage.

Ah, true, I forgot about the number of cast members needed just to make sure people line up properly and get in and out of cars efficiently. :(

I guess I always look at this ride thru the eyes of a child who is *just* tall enough to drive by themselves. The joy and happiness of doing that for the first time is priceless. But that has no place in today's TWDC. :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom