RCI Question

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
So we just got past the ROFR stage and are now in the Estoppel and then closing stages. Looks like this could take another month right?
The issue is we are inheriting 2018 points that were already borrowed from 2017 and we will now have 160 points to burn and only 2 to 3 months to do it(we have Feb year at AKL), and being that December will be one of the those months the availability to do anything with them is pretty slim.
Considering we are planning a spring trip with 2019/2018 points we really don't plan to use these points ourselves anyway.
Which is better to do, put them in RCI or try to rent on short notice? Also we can book RCI right, even though resale buyers?
If we go the RCI route, what is the process for doing this, does it matter they are 2017 points, are we even able to put them in RCI? And if so how long can we keep them in RCI, we are total noobs with this so please help!

Lensman

So we just got past the ROFR stage and are now in the Estoppel and then closing stages. Looks like this could take another month right?
The issue is we are inheriting 2018 points that were already borrowed from 2017 and we will now have 160 points to burn and only 2 to 3 months to do it(we have Feb year at AKL), and being that December will be one of the those months the availability to do anything with them is pretty slim.
Considering we are planning a spring trip with 2019/2018 points we really don't plan to use these points ourselves anyway.
Which is better to do, put them in RCI or try to rent on short notice? Also we can book RCI right, even though resale buyers?
If we go the RCI route, what is the process for doing this, does it matter they are 2017 points, are we even able to put them in RCI? And if so how long can we keep them in RCI, we are total noobs with this so please help!
I just checked availability online and there's minimal availability in early December but decent availability in January. I'd consider renting the points out.

Yes, you can trade via RCI as a resale buyer.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I just checked availability online and there's minimal availability in early December but decent availability in January. I'd consider renting the points out.

Yes, you can trade via RCI as a resale buyer.
Yeah I saw that too. Hopefully it will still be there whenever this closes...I guess like 4 to 6 weeks?

richg35

You could try calling member services and explain the situation of your resale purchase and asking if they'll reallocate those borrowed points into the 2018 UY so that they don't expire. It's possible you could get some pixie dust, or not. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
You could try calling member services and explain the situation of your resale purchase and asking if they'll reallocate those borrowed points into the 2018 UY so that they don't expire. It's possible you could get some pixie dust, or not. But it wouldn't hurt to ask.
Does this ever happen?

correcaminos

Does this ever happen?
I've not heard that before. Once in a while they make one time exceptions but I am do not think you can make that type of an exception. If they were 2018 points that needed to be banked, but not 2017 that need to be banked again.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I know its goofy but I like to put an ending o some stuff, did not end up renting the points out(though tried) or trying to get them to let us keep them longer. Did the RCI trade in, and it was actually kinda cool, and easy. We booked a weeks at ski resort next year and did not have any booking fees.

nickys

Premium Member
I know its goofy but I like to put an ending o some stuff, did not end up renting the points out(though tried) or trying to get them to let us keep them longer. Did the RCI trade in, and it was actually kinda cool, and easy. We booked a weeks at ski resort next year and did not have any booking fees.

Glad you were able to use them. So when will your first stay as DVC members be? :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom