Ultimate Thread About Br'er Bear's Rump

180º

Doing my part...The Brer @$$ drop is not only the best splash/ part of the ride but it may be the most fun moment of any attraction at the park.
It’s definitely the most thrilling drop, IMO. I’m always overcome with nerves when it happens because I know what awaits me on the other side: a splash in the dark that I can’t see and WILL get incredibly wet from. Whereas the initial drop is fun and exciting, it’s the — dare I say — TAIL END of the drop that wrecks me.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Original Poster
It’s definitely the most thrilling drop, IMO. I’m always overcome with nerves when it happens because I know what awaits me on the other side: a splash in the dark that I can’t see and WILL get incredibly wet from. Whereas the initial drop is fun and exciting, it’s the — dare I say — TAIL END of the drop that wrecks me.
Thank you! That drop is always on the BUTT end of jokes.

SuddenStorm

For what it's worth, the "There's nothing in here but beeeeessss" line that plays as your drop into the laughing place segment of the ride hasn't been going since it reopened in April.

Curiously, the "Well I'm glad I thought of that, cause that's just where you're goin... Here ya go!" Brer Fox line that plays just before the main drop was working back in May/June when I visited, but wasn't going when I visited again in August.

You'd think that the sound would be fairly reliable. Strange that it's so inconsistent.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
For what it's worth, the "There's nothing in here but beeeeessss" line that plays as your drop into the laughing place segment of the ride hasn't been going since it reopened in April.

Curiously, the "Well I'm glad I thought of that, cause that's just where you're goin... Here ya go!" Brer Fox line that plays just before the main drop was working back in May/June when I visited, but wasn't going when I visited again in August.

You'd think that the sound would be fairly reliable. Strange that it's so inconsistent.
Dialogue on Splash is triggered by the logs passing IIRC. Maybe your log just misses the sensor?

SuddenStorm

Dialogue on Splash is triggered by the logs passing IIRC. Maybe your log just misses the sensor?

I ride Splash Mountain a minimum of 2 times each visit, usually try to go on it at least 5 if I have any say. Visited 3 times at the end of May/early June, and twice in August. It wasn't a log missing a sensor.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
Original Poster
I ride Splash Mountain a minimum of 2 times each visit, usually try to go on it at least 5 if I have any say. Visited 3 times at the end of May/early June, and twice in August. It wasn't a log missing a sensor.
Hm, thats odd. Then again, things do tend to break on Splash

Rich T

The "Beeeeeeeeeeeeeees" line is my favorite element on the entire ride. Without it, that scene won't even make any sense at all to first-time riders. It'll just look like Brer Rabbit is throwing up into his hands at the site of Brer Bear's butt.

BasiltheBatLord

The log timing in the American Splash rides is horribly inconsistent, one of the reasons Tokyo's Splash is better is because the dialogue timing is almost 100% consistent across all logs. Splash has some awesome dialogue but a lot of it goes unheard by most riders cause of the timing problems (B'rer Bear's lines on the laughing place drop and also B'rer Fox's line right before the final drop).

Phroobar

This thread is amazing. I'm a WDW native, but we also have a surplus of bear butt. You see his butt more than his face!

Also, does anybody know why the logs at DL move at a supersonic pace? I swear you can bear-ly take anything in (see what I did there?).
They don't even thank you anymore for sticking with them to the bear end.

180º

This thread is amazing. I'm a WDW native, but we also have a surplus of bear butt. You see his butt more than his face!

Also, does anybody know why the logs at DL move at a supersonic pace? I swear you can bear-ly take anything in (see what I did there?).
I'm not sure if it's due to the size and shape of the logs (I think it is) or the slope of the flume, or both. Possibly the weight and hydrodynamics of the larger WDW boats. I know that California's logs don't have chain or anti-rollback dogs. Do Florida's? That might have something to do with it?
...I'll see myself out...
O contraire, please see yourself IN. We need a Floridian's perspective on Br'er Bear's butt and we still have seven pages to go before we meet my quota.

Rich T

...does anybody know why the logs at DL move at a supersonic pace? I swear you can bear-ly take anything in (see what I did there?).
Poor ride system design (with all due respect to the designers). DL's Splash Mtn. had major issues during its construction that caused it to open many months late. The first fleet of logs couldn't navigate the flume properly and had to be re-designed and rebuilt. By the time they finally had logs that could get through the entire ride *and* not dump buckets and buckets of water on guests' heads, they ended up with the experience we have today: a fun ride that feels a bit clunky and off-pace. WDW and Tokyo benefited from the lessons learned.

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Poor ride system design (with all due respect to the designers). DL's Splash Mtn. had major issues during its construction that caused it to opens many months late. The first fleet of logs couldn't navigate the flume properly and had to be re-designed and rebuilt. By the time they finally had logs that could get through the entire ride *and* not dump buckets and buckets of water on guests' heads, they ended up with the experience we have today: a fun ride that feels a bit clunky and off-pace. WDW and Tokyo benefited from the lessons learned.

I honestly never knew that, thank you! It's always bothered me so much on DL's version. You FLY through that ride.

Castle Cake Apologist

I'd like to formally invite all of my DL Bare Br'er Bear Bum friends on a trip to WDW (at your individual expenses, of course) to bask in the splendor of Br'er Bear's bare butt at the leisurely snails pace that our logs move at. Speed is no bear-icade at our resort!

Rich T

Anyone remember how the owl at the end of the ride before you returned to the station used to show you a photo of your vehicle as it dropped and would say something like "You should've seen the look on your faces"? What happened to that feature?
My guess is it went the way of the Tiki Room's Barker Bird; it had served its purpose and was no longer needed. The scene was there to let people know they could buy a photo-- Splash was the first ride at DL with that feature (and at the time the photos were very low-res and grainy!) But once the ride-photo concept became commonplace and everybody knew about it, there was no point in maintaining that scene. I don't miss it much, since it was, after all, basically a commercial tacked on to the end of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom