Trip Report **COMPLETED** We're 3 happy chappies, with snappy serapes. You'll find us beneath our sombreros! Sept 2018

*Record scratch* *Freeze frame*
tenor.gif

Yep, that's me. So you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

Long story short... I'm no longer at Disney World :cry: Kaitlyn and I returned home last Thursday and have been settling into our new place and finally only got wi-fi yesterday. For those of you who didn't get around to reading my pre-trip report, my friend Kaitlyn and I moved into our first apartment a couple weeks ago, just a few days before we left on our trip to Disney. She moved from Saskatchewan to my hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We have been to Disney together once before in April 2015 in celebration of our graduation from University (along with 2 other friends). Kaitlyn has been back once since then, and I have been back to the World a few times since, including my family trip in February which my sister @krause wrote about.

Here's a quick review:
Who: Myself (Emily) and my friend, Kaitlyn. Here we are with the Big Cheese himself.
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413302986965.JPG

Now, you may be thinking, “she says there’s only two people on the trip, but her title references the 3 caballeros”. Not to worry! We’ll get to that.
What: Pure, unadulterated Disney fun!
When: Thursday, September 13, 2018 to Thursday, September 20, 2018
Where: B Resort and Spa (a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel with EMH and bus system).
Why: For fun, mainly. It was also a great way to kick off our being roommates!
How: With determination and by emptying our wallets :hilarious:

Our travel day on September 13th started early. After finally falling asleep around midnight, we were up and at 'em at 3:40AM and in the taxi on the way to the airport by 4:10. We were very much looking forward to the change in weather.
IMG_8945.PNG
IMG_8947.PNG

Luckily, Winnipeg's airport is both small and near the centre of city so it only took us about 15 minutes to get there (we probably could have been there a minute earlier but had to stop for a skunk that was crossing the road! I really wish I had got a picture of this) and were through security by 4:48, through customs and at our gate by 5:15!
IMG_8948.JPG

IMG_8950.JPG

We made it to our layover in Minneapolis by about 8:00. Our flight to Orlando boarded and departed just after 9AM. And, finally, we landed in Orlando shortly after 1PM.
IMG_8953.JPG

Fonorail selfie!!
IMG_8955.JPG

Coming up: Our first-ever attempt at Uber… good or bad?

AKemily

Original Poster
Arrival day cont’d…

Now that we were in Florida, it was time to take off my Minnie-inspired sweater :( I was (unrealistically) hoping we would have cool enough weather to wear it on the trip at some point.
IMG_8954.JPG

Now, I hope I don’t offend any of you by what we did next. I am a little sorry to say that the first thing we visited in Orlando was…
IMG_8956.JPG

That’s right, the Universal store. Now, let me explain. I love all things Harry Potter. Aside from Disney, it is one of my greatest passions. It does pain me to go to Orlando and not visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, however, Universal has really jacked their prices up in recent years. To give you an idea, when I went in 2015 the price was $147USD for a one-day/two-park pass. Today it would cost you $264USD. Yes, that is right, almost $350CAD to go to Universal for one day. ONE. DAY. And of course you need the two-park ticket because otherwise you can’t ride the Hogwarts Express! *Sigh* And since Harry Potter is really the only thing I care about at Universal, I really can’t justify that price tag. Anyway, I went in the Universal store in the hopes that they sell their bottled pumpkin juice, which is heavenly. They didn't.:rolleyes:

Moving on, after our quick detour, I pulled up my Uber app to use for the first time. Neither Kaitlyn and I had used it before so we were a little nervous but decided it must work or people wouldn’t do it. To my delight, Victor pulled up in just 7 minutes. He was a great driver. He even noticed that I wanted to get a picture of the Walt Disney World sign (not the main one, but it’s still a Walt Disney World sign) so he pulled into the right lane, rolled down my window, and drove really slow. He was like, "that wasn't one picture, that was like a hundred". Busted! :hilarious: I'll only trouble you with one of the better ones.
IMG_8959.JPG

IMG_8963.JPG

We arrived at the B Resort & Spa by 2:15. The lobby is very modern:
IMG_8969.JPG

IMG_8970.JPG

IMG_8971.JPG

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8974.JPG

Coming up: Room pictures and making our way to the Magic Kingdom!

AKemily

Original Poster
Arrival day cont'd...

We took our room pictures (I may have pushed all of Kaitlyn's stuff off her bed so I could get a picture of a relatively untouched room for you guys :hilarious: - "for the trip report!" I said.) and changed really quickly as we were on the bus to Magic Kingdom just a short 18 minutes later. We were happy that our first floor room allowed for just a 30-second walk to the bus stop. We were also glad throughout the week to learn that even though we had a first-floor, parking lot-facing room, it was also very quiet.
IMG_8975.JPG

IMG_8977.JPG

IMG_8978.JPG

IMG_8979.JPG

The Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels have two bus routes - Route A and B. Route A (ours) serviced 4 hotels and Route B services 3. Out of the 4 stops on our route our hotel was third. I think we only had to stand once the whole trip though. To give you an idea of how long pick up took at each hotel, I felt like the stops took longer at our stay at POR in February. That's how close these hotels are to each other. The buses picked up from the hotel every 30 minutes on the :00 and :30 minute marks. As we were the third stop, it was usually about 5 after. They picked up from the parks at the 25: and 55: minute mark and this usually felt pretty accurate. The parks shared a bus route - one bus going to MK and HS and the other going to Epcot and AK (in those orders). To get to the first park was usually about 15 minutes and the second maybe about 30-45 depending on the day and how many ECVs they loaded up. For this reason, we always left for the parks an hour in advance of park opening:happy:
IMG_8980.JPG

IMG_8982.JPG
IMG_8984.JPG

IMG_8986.JPG

Behold! The first of about eight photos Kaitlyn took on our entire trip:rolleyes::hilarious::
IMG_3064.png

At least it's a good one!

Coming up: We're finally in a park!

Attachments

• IMG_8976.JPG
    IMG_8976.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 195

krause

You might want to clarify for our American friends that your phone weather app is in Celcius
We do not want to perpetuate that we

1) All live in igloos up here!!
2) only drink milk from a bag
3) we only have 2 seasons - 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skiing

Following along

Max

Eh, this was a couple weeks ago already so those temps if they were fahrenheit are now accurate. Feels like -5C (23F) right now.

giphy.gif

Gonna go thaw my bag of milk now.

AKemily

Original Poster
You might want to clarify for our American friends that your phone weather app is in Celcius
We do not want to perpetuate that we

1) All live in igloos up here!!
2) only drink milk from a bag
3) we only have 2 seasons - 10 months of winter and 2 months of bad skiing

Following along

Max

Ahaha good point, Max. What else do I need to clarify? Well when I say taxi, I don't mean polar bear or dog sled, I truly mean taxi. But I did have Tim Hortons at the airport so some stereotypes are alive and well. I also I had snow on my balcony this weekend, so I might as well live in an igloo!

The milk in a bag thing probably is better for the environment - I'm not sure why it isn't a Canada-wide thing. And that's a lot of milk you have, @JenniferS! #respect
I have no explanation for the "britto" chair. It was heavily featured on their website too, and I just don't get it.

Thanks for reading everybody! Sorry I've been MIA this weekend - on my report and in others'. I hope to get back into the swing of things tomorrow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom