World Of Color Refurbishment

rescue_ranger

Any more word on this? I was really keeping my fingers crossed that they would have this ready by the first party night this year (next week). I know when I bought tickets for next months party, she mentioned that party tickets were Park Hoppers this year which I found odd. I wondered why party guests would leave the party to go to CA but when this rumor popped up, I was hoping maybe they knew guests would want to attend the new WOC show.

GiveMeTheMusic

Any more word on this? I was really keeping my fingers crossed that they would have this ready by the first party night this year (next week). I know when I bought tickets for next months party, she mentioned that party tickets were Park Hoppers this year which I found odd. I wondered why party guests would leave the party to go to CA but when this rumor popped up, I was hoping maybe they knew guests would want to attend the new WOC show.

We're still anticipating an early 2019 return for WOC.

VJ

David's new MiceChat article confirms as much, no HalloWOC until 2019:

As followers of my Twitter feed know by now (@davekoenig), in the early morning hours of Thursday August 30, Disneyland Resort executives gathered around the Paradise Pier lagoon to preview snippets of a planned Halloween version of World of Color. The rehearsal included music and water effects, although it was far from a finished performance and utilized just a portion of the show’s equipment. Because the resort’s Halloween promotions were just about a week from beginning, hopes were that World of Color might return this fall, despite earlier reports that—due to a mishap months ago—the water show would be down until at least the end of the year. It now looks like the Villains won’t take over World of Color until Halloween Time 2019.

iMax

Any recent updates on the show now? My next trip is October 24th and although I'm not expecting to see World of Color it'd be nice to know whats going on with it.

TP2000

The project is a colossal mess. It's conceivable the show may not be back until summer or fall 2019.

Wow. Thank you, as always, for your insight and info here!

I'd love for them to take this opportunity to rework the show entirely. They also need to figure out a way to keep this ugly infrastructure sunken underwater until just before show time. That they drag this ugly monstrosity up from the depths every day and work on it while the park is running is just inexcusable. I'm sure there's some TDA manager who says "But we've got to purge the check valves and calibrate the flux capacitors!"

But when you have to do this every day in the middle of an operating theme park, you've utterly failed at showmanship...

20170224_170606_wm.jpg

WoC1-052810-AVP.jpg

And if you are a manager in TDA in charge of stuff like this, your sole job is showmanship. And they've failed at it here.

Fantasmic! was designed to be invisible during the day, and then put on an amazing show at night. World of Color should have to live up to that exact standard, not play by Six Flags level rules. Figure it out TDA! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The project is a colossal mess. It's conceivable the show may not be back until summer or fall 2019.

I'd love for them to take this opportunity to rework the show entirely. They also need to figure out a way to keep this ugly infrastructure sunken underwater until just before show time. That they drag this ugly monstrosity up from the depths every day and work on it while the park is running is just inexcusable. I'm sure there's some TDA manager who says "But we've got to purge the check valves and calibrate the flux capacitors!"

But when you have to do this every day in the middle of an operating theme park, you've utterly failed at showmanship...

20170224_170606_wm.jpg

WoC1-052810-AVP.jpg

And if your a manager in TDA in charge of stuff like this, your sole job is showmanship. And they've failed at it here.

Fantasmic! was designed to be invisible during the day, and then put on an amazing show at night. World of Color should have to live up to that exact standard, not play by Six Flags level rules. Figure it out TDA! :rolleyes:

With all the issues and the potential of being down for 18 months, I'm thinking it might be time to just let it go. Reuse the area for something else. Maybe even fill in part of the lake and add a new attraction.

TTA94

With all the issues and the potential of being down for 18 months, I'm thinking it might be time to just let it go. Reuse the area for something else. Maybe even fill in part of the lake and add a new attraction.

I agree, maybe they should switch to fountains on barges like Rivers of Light or what sounds like the new Illuminations replacment which is rumored to use tech from Tokyo’s Fantasmic, which has fountains on barges. Granted the WoC lagoon doesn’t flow into a backstage area to move barges in and out... im not sure if that could be changed?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I agree, maybe they should switch to fountains on barges like Rivers of Light or what sounds like the new Illuminations replacment which is rumored to use tech from Tokyo’s Fantasmic, which has fountains on barges. Granted the WoC lagoon doesn’t flow into a backstage area to move barges in and out... im not sure if that could be changed?

The problem with that idea is where do you store the barges during the day?

jrhwdw

Summer/Fall 2019?!?!?!?!? Do they not have the money to get it fixed now!!!!! (Or is it a "cut" now) Thank god PTN is useable! WOC was DCA's prized show!

What's with all the Entertainmemt problems?? MK STILL doesn't have a night parade, TDO thought it was OK to cut all performers from ROL, WOC is down maybe over a year. Soundsational and maybe MSEP backstage at DL not being used......

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

20170224_170606_wm.jpg

WoC1-052810-AVP.jpg

And if you are a manager in TDA in charge of stuff like this, your sole job is showmanship. And they've failed at it here.

I totally agree. I don’t even care about World of Color any more because these butt ugly pipes are up most of the time. The dirty brown water is also embarrassing. I rather not have any show than put up with these nasty problems.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Didn't Pixar Play run during viva?????

Why is PTN ending?!?!? It's not like WOC is coming back anytime soon.

Just after I praised PTN last night.

PTN is ending because ops doesn't want to run it with the festival booths. PTN will be back in 2019 since WOC is still months away from returning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom