Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Closing September 15, 2018

GLaDOS

How long has it been closed for? It was closed when I was there in May and there wasn't any work going on. (one of the reasons I asked)
I understand rides, shows, etc., run there course and need and should be closed. I just think before you close it, have something else
ready to go, even if it take months to open. That was not that case with T2 or Sinbad.

There was absolutely work going on in May. T2 closed in October 2017 and construction started then. This isn't going to be a plug and play show. It's a whole new setup.

OG Runner

There was absolutely work going on in May. T2 closed in October 2017 and construction started then. This isn't going to be a plug and play show. It's a whole new setup.

Well, I hope it is something pretty special. Any "show" that takes a year to setup, (if it opens in November, though I haven't seen
any announcements), hopefully will be worth the time.

Jwhee

What I think is the saddest thing is that Universal seems to be an absolute failure when it comes to theater shows. T2:closed. Toon Lagoon:closed. Fear Factor:closed during HHN(should be closed permanently). Eighth Voyage:closed. Only Animal Actors is running currently.

T2:3D was one of the best theater shows to ever exist. Unfortunately time took its toll on the attraction and it needed to be replaced. We still have Barney (which is really well done), Horror Make Up, FFL, Animal Actors. We DO need a show in IOA though.

T2 closed with a replacement already in mind.

OG Runner

T2:3D was one of the best theater shows to ever exist. Unfortunately time took its toll on the attraction and it needed to be replaced. We still have Barney (which is really well done), Horror Make Up, FFL, Animal Actors. We DO need a show in IOA though.

T2 closed with a replacement already in mind.

Really? Do you know what is replacing it, or why it would take over a year to do it?

OG Runner

It will be a Bourne Identity stunt show. It will take over a year to build it because it requires significant changes to the theater

Do you have any idea when in 2019 this is supposed to open? I liked the Bourne movies, but honestly cannot get my head around
what kind of renovations would take over a year, if they already knew what they were putting in there, when they closed T2. Like I
said, I hope it is really good, taken how long we are waiting.

lazyboy97o

Do you have any idea when in 2019 this is supposed to open? I liked the Bourne movies, but honestly cannot get my head around
what kind of renovations would take over a year, if they already knew what they were putting in there, when they closed T2. Like I
said, I hope it is really good, taken how long we are waiting.
They’re converting the theater from primarily a movie theater with a small, dedicated area for live actors to a theater for a live stunt show.

I used to really enjoy the Sinbad show each time I had seen it in the past. I also loved T2:3D. Its a shame that neither of them will be there when I go again.

I do look forward to what they will replace them both with but I hope its something everyone can enjoy.

danpam1024

I thought the T2 show was being replaced by Jason Bourne?? Dang it! I was really hoping for Zelda where Sinbad (and Posidion's Fury) is.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'm just now learning that Sinbad is closed! What!! I didn't even get to say goodbye. How did I miss this? My childhood is fading away fast.

I'm planning a trip next weekend purely for the sake of seeing Poseidon's Fury one last time. Its my childhood favorite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom