Eighth Voyage of Sinbad Closing September 15, 2018

lebeau

And at the same time, comparing the Universal parks with Disney, when asked a question about the Universal parks does not
answer the questions, and does not strengthen your argument. I would hope you could also understand it much different if
Disney closes even a number of attractions over several parks in comparison, to Universal closing two attractions that make up
most of a section of the park. (Voyages of Sinbad & Poseidon's Fury).

Did I miss an announcement about Posdeidon's Fury?

GLaDOS

And at the same time, comparing the Universal parks with Disney, when asked a question about the Universal parks does not
answer the questions, and does not strengthen your argument. I would hope you could also understand it much different if
Disney closes even a number of attractions over several parks in comparison, to Universal closing two attractions that make up
most of a section of the park. (Voyages of Sinbad & Poseidon's Fury).
Uh, Poseidon's Fury isn't closing.

SuperStretccch

Hopefully it gets replaced quickly enough. I enjoyed the show despite its overall cheesiness, but if it means something better will come, then I'm okay with losing it. Same for Poseidon (if it eventually closes).

GLaDOS

It’s expected to close when Zelda starts moving forward. Not as part of this cost cutting.
Exactly this. Poseidon will stay open until the land is replaced, because Poseidon doesn't get guest satisfaction ratings in the toilet, can host more than 1.5 thousand people a day, and doesn't have a ton of equity performers.

The closure without some sort of replacement for years is bad, no doubt. But there are "good" reasons why Sindbad is closing. It's a bad attraction that few people can see, and the few people that do see it universally dislike it.

lebeau

No announcement. It was been rumored during these discussions that it was also on the block. That is why I included
it in my post.

Kind of shoots a hole in your argument.
Exactly this. Poseidon will stay open until the land is replaced, because Poseidon doesn't get guest satisfaction ratings in the toilet, can host more than 1.5 thousand people a day, and doesn't have a ton of equity performers.

The closure without some sort of replacement for years is bad, no doubt. But there are "good" reasons why Sindbad is closing. It's a bad attraction that few people can see, and the few people that do see it universally dislike it.

I see what you did there. ;)

lazyboy97o

I’m tempted to say keeping the show open for nearly 20 years is worse than closing it before a replacement is ready. I do still want to know who thought Power Rangers villains were a good idea for Lost Continent.

DisneyDodo

Original Poster
It’s expected to close when Zelda starts moving forward. Not as part of this cost cutting.
Agreed, I don't believe they will close Poseidon until they are ready to replace the Lost Continent as a whole. On the flip side, there is very little chance that they would spend money on any sort of replacement for Sinbad when they are going to be gutting the whole area in a few years.

lebeau

You are right and when was the last time you partook of Poseidon's Fury? Lucky we still have that. ;)

I actually didn't mean to post that. Ooops. :oops:

My one and only experience with PF was just last summer. I didn't hate it. I wouldn't want it closed without a replacement, but I am in no hurry to do it again. This past summer, we didn't spend any time in the Lost Continent at all. Didn't even walk through it. I don't really look to that remnant of a land as a barometer for the health of IOA. We all know it's basically a holdover that will eventually be used for something else.

JT3000

More closed areas for non existant replacements. Still awaiting the Terminator replacement. There will be now two empty theatres in IOA.

Getting back to the dark days of Universal. Everything from shoddy new attractions, wear and tear of the parks, closing down attractions, nothing being done to the ghastly kidzone area, too many screen rides - all being excused because of the mythical new park that may or may not open sometimes in the next 10 years.

The only mythical thing around here is your identity.

Disney Maddux

The theater is now walled off. Sign is taken down. Doesn't seem to be anything going on inside the theater other than dust collecting.

So... Could we see an urban exploration video soon?

OG Runner

It is a bit of a bummer, that an arena is being closed with a vague promise of something new coming, in a few years.
As much as I feel like we have an obvious Troll to deal with on these boards, it is true that T2 closed quite a while ago,
and there have been notes of a new show coming in, but still noting has replaced it yet. It really does show some poor
planning. I mean, Shrek is still going, why couldn't they keep T2 going, until they were actually ready to replace it?

Bob Harlem

It is a bit of a bummer, that an arena is being closed with a vague promise of something new coming, in a few years.
As much as I feel like we have an obvious Troll to deal with on these boards, it is true that T2 closed quite a while ago,
and there have been notes of a new show coming in, but still noting has replaced it yet. It really does show some poor
planning. I mean, Shrek is still going, why couldn't they keep T2 going, until they were actually ready to replace it?

Huh? There's work going on inside the old Terminator theater right now and has been for months (T2:3D was extremely purpose built so there's a fair amount of work to convert it, although it probably won't look all too different in the end, but behind the scenes it'll be very much so), and it'll probably reopen in the spring as the new show. It'll get announced after HHN.

cheezbat

What I think is the saddest thing is that Universal seems to be an absolute failure when it comes to theater shows. T2:closed. Toon Lagoon:closed. Fear Factor:closed during HHN(should be closed permanently). Eighth Voyage:closed. Only Animal Actors is running currently.

Bob Harlem

What I think is the saddest thing is that Universal seems to be an absolute failure when it comes to theater shows. T2:closed. Toon Lagoon:closed. Fear Factor:closed during HHN(should be closed permanently). Eighth Voyage:closed. Only Animal Actors is running currently.
Horror Make Up? A Day in the Park with Barney? Granted it isn't big scale, but they are there. (Barney is actually done very well for what it is)

Last edited:

GLaDOS

Huh? There's work going on inside the old Terminator theater right now and has been for months (T2:3D was extremely purpose built so there's a fair amount of work to convert it, although it probably won't look all too different in the end, but behind the scenes it'll be very much so), and it'll probably reopen in the spring as the new show. It'll get announced after HHN.

Yea, the show replacing Terminator will be open next year. Work has been going on for months.

Horror Makeup and Barney run every day.

OG Runner

How long has it been closed for? It was closed when I was there in May and there wasn't any work going on. (one of the reasons I asked)
I understand rides, shows, etc., run there course and need and should be closed. I just think before you close it, have something else
ready to go, even if it take months to open. That was not that case with T2 or Sinbad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom