No more live actors in ROL

cjkeating

I'm a massive fan of ROL but without the performers you might as well just cut the show. I can't see how cutting these performers is a huge saving compared to the amount of cast that do the crowd control or the crew that set up the shoe each day?

Surely a more logical solution would be do the show on select nights like they used to with Fantasmic?

I still can't believe they never found a way to add the 100 lanterns back into the show.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
In theory temporary.

@marni1971 they are approaching what should be a busier time, October, November and December, with all the holidays, parties, and festivals, are they forecasting a noticeable decline in attendance during these months as well?

I know September has always been slow, but the fact that they are doing this so late and in such a hurried manner seems like they must have missed something. (Or its a cover just to slash and burn before the end of the quarter)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 they are approaching what should be a busier time, October, November and December, with all the holidays, parties, and festivals, are they forecasting a noticeable decline in attendance during these months as well?
One assumes so, since there is more to come.

Or it’s a knee jerk reaction to a soft summer and fall (soft on spreadsheets)

If the rest of the year is a bumper one (hyperthetically) is could be a big mistake.

Sir_Cliff

I don't know how they're measuring success but even on "light" days there's still a crap ton of people when I'm there.
Not to get too political, but the issue here is how business and the economy works more generally at the moment and not whether the theme parks are bleeding money. I doubt that Disney is worried that they're going to start losing money. Their worry will be that profit margins will be lower than they were last year. And, honestly, if Disney still makes healthy profits but they're lower than expectations, the share price probably will go down and there will be plenty of headlines about a disappointing quarter for Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom