Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

clemmo

So seems like there’s a few options:

• Boat ride with Shanghai tech (unlikely?)
• Clone of Disneyland ride
• Clone of paris rollercoaster (ugh)
• Brand new attraction that isn’t the boat ride (probably pretty unlikely)

Also it’s unclear if we’re getting a whole new land with a ride and restaurant or a just a standalone ride
I have to believe they wouldn't clone that Paris coaster. It would be a big mistake imo. So basically it's DHS or bust for Indy and its clone or boat ride.

MagicJack78

DisneySea has the same coaster.
Do you see this as a real potential option for HS? If you said this was replacing the Dino carnival area at Animal Kingdom, I could support that.
Also, you mentioned Disney realizes they need added capacity to HS. It doesn't appear that this is a people eater type of attraction.
Could you share what version of Indy you think has the best chance of making it to HS?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Do you see this as a real potential option for HS? If you said this was replacing the Dino carnival area at Animal Kingdom, I could support that.
Also, you mentioned Disney realizes they need added capacity to HS. It doesn't appear that this is a people eater type of attraction.
Could you share what version of Indy you think has the best chance of making it to HS?
I can’t go into more detail I’m afraid.

TimeDuck

I don’t think I would have a problem with the coaster, IF there was another E-Ticket Indy ride in the land. Having the coaster be the only ride would be so underwhelming and terrible for capacity.

Anything is better than the blight that is Dino-Land on an otherwise stunning park, but there's already a phenomenal coaster in EE, I really don't think AK needs another one.

britain

Look, any addition is welcome. And I wouldn't even mind a mine-cart roller coaster if it were the Raging Spirits / Jeep ride combo like DisneySea has.

Of course, we could always dream that the two would finally be integrated....

indy_concept_art_web.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Unless I missed a few posts and misread a few tea leaves; I was under the impression that DHS would NOT be getting a boat ride. (Indy or otherwise) And that Indy was instead destined for MK (likely a coaster) with DAK getting the Shanghai Tech and Jungle Book IP per unsubstantiated rumors.

I do however hope that much of this is incorrect. As DHS desperately needs a boat ride.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

The thought is the park will be over saturated. Other proposals won’t bring many more people to the park; they’re being proposed to soak up the crowds that will already be there now it’s suddenly been recognised that the Mickey Ride won’t be nearly enough.

Not that anything major may or may not happen until next decade.
We told them that two years ago. No reason for them to have closed Great Movie Ride.

The move here was build Mickey and Minnie's elsewhere (perhaps Animation courtyard replacing Mermaid) and put GMR down for a lengthy refurb upon the opening of Toy Story Land. Then you open GMR with a major update, Mickey and Minnies and Star Wars Land within 3 months of one another

Jones14

We told them that two years ago. No reason for them to have closed Great Movie Ride.

The move here was build Mickey and Minnie's elsewhere (perhaps Animation courtyard replacing Mermaid) and put GMR down for a lengthy refurb upon the opening of Toy Story Land. Then you open GMR with a major update, Mickey and Minnies and Star Wars Land within 3 months of one another
Hell, they still have time for some damage control:

Close Mermaid when Disney Jr. opens and convert it into a Coco show; open alongside Mickey.

Close BatB when Lightning McQueen opens and turn it into Tangled; open with Star Wars.

Close F! next summer when the Illuminations replacement opens, reopen in summer of 2020.

Sure, that’s not creating ‘new’ capacity, but I can’t imagine those shows (save perhaps F!) are filling every seat for most performances these days.

GlacierGlacier

Close Mermaid when Disney Jr. opens and convert it into a Coco show; open alongside Mickey.

Close BatB when Lightning McQueen opens and turn it into Tangled; open with Star Wars.

Close F! next summer when the Illuminations replacement opens, reopen in summer of 2020.

Sure, that’s not creating ‘new’ capacity, but I can’t imagine those shows (save perhaps F!) are filling every seat for most performances these days.
After that, blow out the back of animation plaza for whatever land they can imagine to improve the park balance. That's where you get new capacity from.

rreading

As you say, you’re not adding capacity in your suggestions. They won’t be needing more novelty - they’re going to need people eaters. If they weren’t already full, they probably will be

eddie104

The GMR just wasn’t popular like that anymore. Why not replace it with something new and innovative. I understand it was a DHS original attraction but I don’t think a lengthy refurb would have saved it. With the direction the park is going it wouldn’t have made sense to keep it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom