Trip Report Did someone spit on me... or is it raining? May/June 2018

Hello and Welcome!!!

Yes friends, unfortunately (but fortunately) I am back from my 3rd and final trip of 2018... I had to make sure my annual pass went to good use ;)

This trip was amazing and I'm so glad I was able to go back... but it left me wanting MORE!!!! More time, more Disney, more park days... TAKE ME BACK, ALREADY!!!

Since I've been home I've been working 5 days a week at my job, 30 hours a week... not enjoying my summer so far. But hey, a girl has to save for her next Disney adventure!

Daniel (who is not featured in this TR) also has landed himself a big boy job for the summer - which will turn over into an internship in the fall! They've even offered to hold his position for when he graduates next spring! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I'm so happy for him and in fact he is working his last shift at his old job right now!

Enough of the boring, real life details... I know you all want to hear about this trip! So on with the show!!

To recap ---

WHO: Myself (Becca, 20) and my mom, Lynn (older than me ;) )
WHEN: May 30th - June 3rd, 2018
WHERE: Port Orleans French Quarter
WHY: A mother-daughter adventure!

Before I start the recent photos... I just found this one from like 2010 (?) so I was like 11-12... and LOL
CIMG0217.JPG

Hollister... flip phone... disney bus ... and Pins LOL what more could you ask for?!!?
It was too good not to share!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here I am now! (except this is old too, from May 2017)
IMG_2349.jpg

So here ya go - one last photo before I start the real thing!
IMG_1179.JPG

That's more like it! :)

Ready when you are, C.B....

... Action!

becca_

Original Poster
AK con't:
1t6WAuqMRdi1VGNXm%4Tvw.jpg

We headed into Creature Comforts where there was already a sizable line, so we waited about 10 minutes before ordering.
kizKOJDQSYWHxrVPlr3bDw.jpg

Yes I had a cupcake for breakfast... sue me ;)
I got a triple mocha frap which was delicious!! Mom got a vanilla latte I believe. Her go-to during fall is a PSL, too bad we went in May!

ctuIJ8GMTVSK+ssiRsXgHg.jpg

We people watched for a while and eventually got up. I could tell it was going to be crowded and hot...
Ri0E+34JS3iExdYkkTqKLQ.jpg
KteZvY9+RrSdYqu73cUbhg.jpg
Tw39xzJWSKGfGBnWkcaqVw.jpg

I was on a mission to find my favorite IG wall yet again!
xH67vTngQFCvyzesVsNsyw.jpg
Xa9i1vNFQX+uN8GW9NwmCA.jpg
GCzirRhuR3WeOlvtnHQLQg.jpg

I love the theme aspect of AK. Like everything is so freaking detailed. AK is by far my favorite park!
%OSICfqYRdC6TmZTTK63Cw.jpg

Found it!

Next - more wall photoshoot pictures!

fractal

AK con't:
View attachment 314949
We headed into Creature Comforts where there was already a sizable line, so we waited about 10 minutes before ordering.
View attachment 314940
Yes I had a cupcake for breakfast... sue me ;)
I got a triple mocha frap which was delicious!! Mom got a vanilla latte I believe. Her go-to during fall is a PSL, too bad we went in May!

View attachment 314941
We people watched for a while and eventually got up. I could tell it was going to be crowded and hot...
View attachment 314942View attachment 314943View attachment 314944
I was on a mission to find my favorite IG wall yet again!
View attachment 314945View attachment 314946View attachment 314947
I love the theme aspect of AK. Like everything is so freaking detailed. AK is by far my favorite park!
View attachment 314948
Found it!

Next - more wall photoshoot pictures!

great last photo! I'll have to remember that spot.

becca_

Original Poster
Your breakfast cupcake looks delish!
It was excellent! I believe it was chocolate with some kind of fudge filling... yum!
No better place to eat a cupcake for breakfast than Disney!
True!! The best place to have your daily amount of sugar in one meal!
great last photo! I'll have to remember that spot.
Thank you!! I love that wall!
It looks like you are in some secret hallway!
Its actually a cast member only spot to the right of the wall... but as long as you don't go past the sign they don't mind you taking photos with it :)

becca_

Original Poster
AK Con't:
jut02LXcT+G%jQ9pHyP+DQ.jpg
R%YIOutuSm+OZXF4M3+h0g.jpg

Selfie! I think a rule is that you always have to take a selfie by "famous" walls in Disney :)
GPCdhPYBQ%KMeGqjPjsvWA.jpg

I made her stand there like the good daughter I am! Moms never get pictures alone since they are usually the ones taking them!

We headed off on our next adventure!
HxcurXf4QmK1gWNuHKxSHw.jpg
rV0EmvyITjWqMOkwNyKwQw.jpg

One more wall before we got to our next destination... I call this the Nicole ( @prfctlyximprct ) wall :D
B45w51HpQCepWFHibG6Vkw.jpg

And we're off!
ta13yDEIRH6WV3eKE0Uwlg.jpg

Bathroom pitstop...
KBv5TvfGTX+2L+5cJLoVGw.jpg

A photobomb :hilarious:
Pd60t5+YQ9mdN7Hbr+9EBA.jpg
V9HFkoOORqehiT%Fhl9JHA.jpg

Oh hello, Safari!

Next up - animals and a fun safari!

Minnesota disney fan

Love your report. AK is our favorite park too. We love all the authentic details. I was wondering where you took the picture at the "You are beautiful" wall? I've never seen that area before.
I always assumed cupcakes and cake were breakfast food;) Thanks in advance!

becca_

Original Poster
Pics do a great job telling the story. Nice report!!
Thank you!
Love your report. AK is our favorite park too. We love all the authentic details. I was wondering where you took the picture at the "You are beautiful" wall? I've never seen that area before.
I always assumed cupcakes and cake were breakfast food;) Thanks in advance!
I'll put it in a spoiler so if someone wants to explore on their own, they can ;)
It took me a while as well to find it since it is sort of "hidden"
Harambe Marketplace in the Africa section of the park. Look for it on the park-side of a cast members-only doorway. You have to go into the Marketplace to be able to find it!

becca_

Original Poster
I have my first nursing exam Monday so I've been studying! Not to mention I've had skills testing and papers/quizzes/life so I am sorry but I'm almost done :hilarious:
AK Con't:
Off on our Safari we went!
IMG_1564.jpg
IMG_1565.jpg
IMG_1566.jpg
IMG_1567.jpg
IMG_1568.jpg
IMG_1569.jpg
IMG_1570.jpg

This safari was the first time I have ever seen the giraffes RUNNING! I have a video I'll post but it was seriously super cool to see.
IMG_1571.jpg
IMG_1572.jpg
IMG_1573.jpg

This was my favorite safari ever, probably the best one I've ever been on as well. All of the animals were really active and some even got close to the vehicle!

Next - more safari!

Minnesota disney fan

I have my first nursing exam Monday so I've been studying! Not to mention I've had skills testing and papers/quizzes/life so I am sorry but I'm almost done :hilarious:
AK Con't:
Off on our Safari we went!
View attachment 316316View attachment 316317View attachment 316318View attachment 316319View attachment 316320View attachment 316321View attachment 316322
This safari was the first time I have ever seen the giraffes RUNNING! I have a video I'll post but it was seriously super cool to see.
View attachment 316323View attachment 316324View attachment 316325
This was my favorite safari ever, probably the best one I've ever been on as well. All of the animals were really active and some even got close to the vehicle!

Next - more safari!

Becca: I don't know how you even have time to do a trip report???? I am an RN and all I ever did is study, take tests, go to clinicals. I'm amazed that you can do it all:) Way to go:) Thanks for the spoiler about the wall. We will try to find it this December!

becca_

Original Poster
Becca: I don't know how you even have time to do a trip report???? I am an RN and all I ever did is study, take tests, go to clinicals. I'm amazed that you can do it all:) Way to go:) Thanks for the spoiler about the wall. We will try to find it this December!
It sure is hard work... I feel like I never have time LOL, I have my fundamentals exam on Monday so I'm on my way to the library right now! But I'll find time for an update ;)

becca_

Original Poster
Safari con't:
IMG_1574.jpg
IMG_1575.jpg

This was with no zoom! They were really that close!
IMG_1576.jpg
IMG_1578.jpg
IMG_1579.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg

Here's the giraffes running... it was really cool to see in person!

Then we moved onto seeing some bigger friends!
IMG_1581.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg
IMG_1583.jpg

They were pretty sneaky and good at hiding! I guess they were camera shy, maybe it's because they forgot their trunks ;)

Next up - more Safari!

becca_

Original Poster
Oh also update -

Daniel and I (it was all me) booked our flight for our trip in May! The dates haven't opened to our return day and won't until November but that's fine by me :joyfull:

We're leaving 5/31 at 5:15am :oops: and landing in FL at 7:45! I love the earliest flight so I was happy to see it was only $97! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Giraffes running video was very interesting. I've never seen them run before. So it's up to 35 mph for short distances and 10 mph for longer distances. Never knew this! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom