Test track closed?

SRQtech

Original Poster
Going by what people have been saying I feel like there might of been a car down earlier in the day and then they opened back up sometime after 11 but then after that something happened.

The Mighty Tim

Wait times show that the attraction opened briefly between your 10 AM visit and 1 PM. So they were separate downtimes for separate reasons thus the difference.

Makes sense. I checked the app briefly while I was at the other end of WS, and it said there was a 120 min wait, but by the time we returned to TT, that's when we noticed the extended perimeter. I just assumed it was an app glitch.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Not always

Not going to go through this again with you.

Building being evacuated for an unknown emergency.

CM telling guests to leave for their own safety.

No alarms sounding.

Unless all CM are trained fire fighters, You have a fire alarm system for a reason to get people out safely without endangering others. The sequence of operations you describe does not do that, assuming it was a fire alarm.

LinH

Not going to go through this again with you.

Building being evacuated for an unknown emergency.

CM telling guests to leave for their own safety.

No alarms sounding.

Unless all CM are trained fire fighters, You have a fire alarm system for a reason to get people out safely without endangering others. The sequence of operations you describe does not do that, assuming it was a fire alarm.
It was not a fire alarm. Just directed to “leave the building via exits for your safety”

Tom Morrow

Unless they were preventing you from approaching the building, dispersing the Test Track CM's around the building is typically just a way to give them something to do until the ride re-opens.

Yet no one saying anything about audible and visual alarms sounding.

You would be able to hear and see them from outside.
There actually doesn’t need to be for it to be for a fire alarm. In most rides that I know of, if a fire alarm is triggered, it sends an alert to a tower or main console of the ride. The operator would acknowledge the alarm and then immediately begin cycling out the ride, dumping the queue, clearing the building, etc. There usually isn’t an actual alarm as people on the ride might panic and try to exit the vehicle prematurely and people in the queue/building will exit out in a more orderly (less chaotic) fashion.

I don’t know if it actually was a fire alarm or not but it could have been even if you didn’t hear an alarm. Sounds like everything was alright in the end from what people are saying! 😁

monothingie

Premium Member
There actually doesn’t need to be for it to be for a fire alarm. In most rides that I know of, if a fire alarm is triggered, it sends an alert to a tower or main console of the ride. The operator would acknowledge the alarm and then immediately begin cycling out the ride, dumping the queue, clearing the building, etc. There usually isn’t an actual alarm as people on the ride might panic and try to exit the vehicle prematurely and people in the queue/building will exit out in a more orderly (less chaotic) fashion.

I don’t know if it actually was a fire alarm or not but it could have been even if you didn’t hear an alarm. Sounds like everything was alright in the end from what people are saying! 😁

When the fire alarm goes off it automatically shuts down the ride system and brings up all lights. This is required under the building code that RCID adopted. There is no human element in this. A human element making evacuation descions not only delays the process in an emergency but also creates a legal nightmare for TWDC in the event of a loss or injury do to an untrained CM making life safety descions.

Additionally if a fire alarm activation causes panic, then it is not designed properly. Fire alarms are meant to ensure a calm and orderly evacuation. Having CMs yell evacuate the building for your own safety does not do that. Most life safety system at WDW have transitioned to voice evacuation system which play verbal instructions over speakers rather than a horn or bell just sounding. This with the assistance of trained CMs should provide an organized and calm evacuation.

peter11435

When the fire alarm goes off it automatically shuts down the ride system and brings up all lights. This is required under the building code that RCID adopted. There is no human element in this. A human element making evacuation descions not only delays the process in an emergency but also creates a legal nightmare for TWDC in the event of a loss or injury do to an untrained CM making life safety descions.

Additionally if a fire alarm activation causes panic, then it is not designed properly. Fire alarms are meant to ensure a calm and orderly evacuation. Having CMs yell evacuate the building for your own safety does not do that. Most life safety system at WDW have transitioned to voice evacuation system which play verbal instructions over speakers rather than a horn or bell just sounding. This with the assistance of trained CMs should provide an organized and calm evacuation.
Fire alarms do not automatically shut down ride systems. They impact the ride system, but they do not shut it down. An attraction like test track for example, the ride system will prevent any additional vehicles from being loaded, but the vehicles on the attraction will continue to cycle until all guests are off.

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This was obviously an attempt to hype up the Wreck it Ralph playground by evacuating gusts off TT and having CM's guide them towards the playground.

ToTBellHop

Test Track was removed overnight. Here is the current state of the forthcoming Zootopia ride:
C21BD643-5D5C-45C3-AF5E-F5178386520D.jpeg

The man is standing under the former beloved queue tarp.

monothingie

Premium Member
Fire alarms do not automatically shut down ride systems. They impact the ride system, but they do not shut it down. An attraction like test track for example, the ride system will prevent any additional vehicles from being loaded, but the vehicles on the attraction will continue to cycle until all guests are off.

Please familiarize yourself if the IBC specifically chapter 907 and the section dealing with Ammusment Park life safety systems. These are in the codes that RCID has adopted. This is followed all throughout WDW.

peter11435

Please familiarize yourself if the IBC specifically chapter 907 and the section dealing with Ammusment Park life safety systems. These are in the codes that RCID has adopted. This is followed all throughout WDW.
I’m not disputing what that code says. I’m just telling you how the attractions operate.

The rides do not stop. They cycle out.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I was in line for Test Track after rope drop on Saturday and within about 20 mins they said it was down and they had us all exit the ride, but I didn't see any indications of something more severe going on, but it was still down from what we could tell for a few hours later, but we left the park at 1PM. Glad it's re-opened, but from the others accounts, may not have been a normal situation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom