NFL 2018 Discussion Thread

PUSH

Original Poster
That Packers game last night... I can't even describe it. Incredible feeling for a Packers fan. I honestly was okay if we just got away with a healthy Rodgers... but to pull off a 20 point comeback, too? Wow.

NYwdwfan

That Packers game last night... I can't even describe it. Incredible feeling for a Packers fan. I honestly was okay if we just got away with a healthy Rodgers... but to pull off a 20 point comeback, too? Wow.
I had the Packers in a knockout pool so I sas pretty excited. The guy was practically dragging his left leg. Crazy determination.

PUSH

Original Poster
I had the Packers in a knockout pool so I sas pretty excited. The guy was practically dragging his left leg. Crazy determination.
I don't know how anybody can say he's not the most talented in the league. Yes, I might be biased, but tell me... could Tom Brady or Drew Brees do that? I would say no.

Also... aside from the opening drive... our defense looked great. The only other TD they allowed was a pick 6.

If Rodgers is good to go the rest of the way, I'm super excited for this season. It's our 100th season, so it has to be special, right?

PUSH

Original Poster
I also had a tremendous comeback in fantasy thanks to Tyreek Hill's 42.5 points. I was dead in the water until him.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
I doubt he'd honestly fall to the Patriots in waivers. They said the Giants and the Colts are #1 and #2 in the waiver order.

OneofThree

I doubt he'd honestly fall to the Patriots in waivers. They said the Giants and the Colts are #1 and #2 in the waiver order.

That's why I wondered why NE didn't offer anything at all in trade. NE and Cleveland like to deal. Cleveland would obviously rather get something than nothing, and NE would have been made aware Cleveland was going to release him. When I looked, I did find some conjecture that Cleveland decided to let him go because of more substance abuse issues. It may be that there is another fine/suspension coming for a failed test. Who knows.

PUSH

Original Poster
Gordon would not be subject to waivers based on his credited seasons. Upon release, he'd immediately become a free agent. It is also worth noting that he will not be released until Monday, and reports are saying there are teams interested in making a trade for him.

PUSH

Original Poster
The league needs to figure something out. Nobody knows what roughing the passer is and isn't. In the Packers/Vikings game there were so many called for "putting the body weight on the QB", when they were actually easing up on the QB. Not only against the Packers, but the Vikings, too. I said that one against the Vikings shouldn't have been called. Then one was called on Clay Matthews which took away an interception, which would have given the Packers the win. Clay even put his arms out when coming down on Cousins to lessen the impact. Too bad, not enough, flag. In OT Rodgers was sacked, then another defender came in and smashed down on Rodgers (much worse than Clay's play, and the aforementioned one on the Vikings), but no flag was called. That, too, would have put the Packers in field goal range to win.

I don't like the new catch rules, because last season I knew what a catch was and wasn't, now it's very subjective IMO. But this new "weight on the QB" rule is total baloney. I know people say the refs will work through it as we go on with the season, but this tie could have major implications in the NFC and NFC North come January. The Packers should have definitely won. The defense made the plays, but the league's lack of clarity took it away, which caused the defense to wear down. Defenders don't even know what they are allowed to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom