News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Missing20K

Budget cuts would limit it to Four Flags....

2 of which will be refurbished flags, one will be new, and the fourth will be a white t shirt until they finish creating the final version after evaluating all of the guest surveys asking if they like the first 3, why, and how much more/less money they would have spent today if the fourth flag is “one of these 7 options.”

eddie104

I've always felt flat rides are "extras" in a land, not "the land" or "the attraction". (And I'm in no means opposed to some flat rides in Epcot; I'd take one or two indoors personally, no need to be outside). They're compliments. Extra things to do. I know it's not how they see them though.
If I could like your posts on this topic a million times I would because they are spot on.

eddie104

If I’m not mistaken, they had plans for a ride designed by Tony Baxter to do just that. Way back when, a long time ago.
Mary Poppins ride.jpg

(Here is the concept art for the ride facade of the one that was planned)

Magenta Panther

View attachment 313769
(Here is the concept art for the ride facade of the one that was planned)

Thank you for this. God that looks great. Lines up with my idea of a Cherry Tree Lane area, although along with a great dark ride, I'd like an Admiral Boom's gift shop and an Uncle Albert tea house. Admiral Boom's could have a mock-cannon firing off every now and then, with the Admiral himself doing the honors with ceremonial flourish. Nice counter to the dragon on top of Gringott's in Universal's Potterland. Ah, it's fun to dream...

eddie104

Thank you for this. God that looks great. Lines up with my idea of a Cherry Tree Lane area, although along with a great dark ride, I'd like an Admiral Boom's gift shop and an Uncle Albert tea house. Admiral Boom's could have a mock-cannon firing off every now and then, with the Admiral himself doing the honors with ceremonial flourish. Nice counter to the dragon on top of Gringott's in Universal's Potterland. Ah, it's fun to dream...
If you wanted more information here is the site I got the picture from...http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2017/11/harper-goff-lost-london-boat-ride-for.html

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hmmm......but is the movie?
That’s my question too. It’s great hearing that the theater is staying, but the fact that we haven’t heard anything specifically about IDF makes me nervous.

From the tracker:
Impressions de France: the placement of the Rat ride would not necessitate any changes to IdF or any of France's restaurants or shops, however, that doesn't mean a separate decision could affect them, e.g, updated the IdF [here]
  • in fact, a "new" film is penciled in for 2020 [here]
    • IdF's projection system was just updated Spring of 2018 (no new film yet)
  • there is no demolition or connection through any of the existing France pavilion buildings... access is around the pavilion, not through it [here]

smile

if built years ago, i'd agree...
far too much, but, then again, poppins always deserved far more

a bonfide theatrical classic, an impeccable score, easily the greatest live action from the studio, and one of the old man's favs -
she belongs in a long and continuous line of grossly underutilized properties standing idly by (likely while some lame fad is chased) and is 1000% disney - could that be the prob? :cautious:

the fact it took a remake to even seriously consider featuring her for an attraction after doing nothing all these years is flatly absurd
:facepalm:

smile

Am I the only person that feels like this would be the most nausea inducing ride ever?

worth it! ...and i can't handle spinners for nothin
- yet to find much i can't handle for thrill, but i'm positively not built for spin-n-pukes; never was and gather i never will be.

Not a fan of teacups, either, I would guess?

Now, imagine each horse *spinning*!!

the cups even make me wobbly if i'm not paying attention :bored:
refuse not to ride orange, tho - respect for it's intention, i suppose - but i'd be lying if i said i didn't have to pre-plan my meals around it and conduct a few internal convos :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom