News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

HauntedMansionFLA

I'll preface this with saying I'd prefer a dark ride, and the loss of that quiet area would be awful.

However, I could see a carousel in that space done well. If they theme it so that you have the London streets behind it, and then you enter the cartoon world of Mary Poppins, it could be a fun, yet simple attraction (maybe a C, I'm not great on the ride rankings). I still would prefer the Jolly Holiday, but I think this could fill the void of good, lower level attractions at Epcot.
Carousel and awesome meet and greets @Bocabear ;);)

azox

Any chance they would stoop so low as to simply clone the Maters/A.S.S. ride system and put carousel ride vehicles on it?

Dunno about that, but hopefully there is nothing left of "A Bugs Land" that they intend to retheme for this spot.

dennis-in-ct

A dark ride is what I am hoping for as well.

Just as an FYI .... Disney has built an unique carousel - the Caravan Carousel in Arabian Coast at Tokyo DisneySea is pretty interesting.

carousel.jpg

Last edited:

Kman101

To be fair, Epcot has no flat rides. People always say the parks need a spectrum of attractions.

This would definitely be on that spectrum.

I've always felt flat rides are "extras" in a land, not "the land" or "the attraction". (And I'm in no means opposed to some flat rides in Epcot; I'd take one or two indoors personally, no need to be outside). They're compliments. Extra things to do. I know it's not how they see them though.

Kman101

Maybe it won't be a carousel. Have we ruled out tea cups? (I wish I were joking) I feel like the actual news has gotten lost in the back and forth.

And for me I don't object to a carousel. I object to a carousel or flat ride being *the* ride. I'm not against a few flat rides in the right places, indoors or out of the way. I think most are upset a flat ride is *it*. Most likely wouldn't care about a carousel if a dark ride was also being built next door. But to choose a flat ride OVER a dark ride? That's why people are ticked. Heaven forbid we got both :eek: :joyfull:

PizzaPlanet

I'm confused as to how one would theme a carousel to Mary Poppins without it being super tacky. I'm imagining a regular carousel with some cardboard cutouts.

Princess Leia

Epcot’s going to be the park most affected by DHS getting Galaxy’s Edge next year, and it’s really unfortunate that it won’t be getting any new attractions opening in 2019. If DHS becomes too crowded, I have a feeling that a lot of people will come to Epcot, and while the attraction capacity is there, it’s all on the wrong side of the park (people entering from the International Gateway vs the front entrance).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom