Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tail of Slinky Dog

Hey everyone!
We have been back for a week now so I suppose it is time to start our TR!

Who
Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
This is a picture from our last trip!
IMG_6554.JPG

When?
July 9-July 16 2018

Why?
To celebrate my 30th Birthday :)

Where?
The Grand Floridian :) - thanks to a pretty good bounce back or AP deal (I can't actually remember which one :joyfull: )

The title?
We are obsessed with Slinky Dog Dash - plain and simple :inlove:

Day 1 July 9, 2018
I had to work most of my usual day before we headed to the airport. Why is this day of work always the LONGEST day of work? o_O
My Dad was actually out of town for work so he couldn't drive us to the airport, but my brother in law Nick kindly offered to drive us (thankfully) :)
I was super stressed about leaving on time (I thought our flight was earlier than it was :banghead: ) hence my flushed cheeks :joyfull:
DSC_9825.JPG

Oh hey Nick
DSC_9826.jpg

Of course we made it to the airport, checked our bags and made it through security in little to no time :joyfull:
We decided to eat dinner at our usual airport dinner place - Anchor Bar :)
DSC_9828.JPG

DSC_9830.JPG

DSC_9835.JPG

We shared the appetizer sampler and some fries. Wings, boneless wings, mozzarella sticks :happy::hungry: I realize now this isn't the best of pictures to actually show the food :joyfull:
DSC_9836.JPG

DSC_9837.JPG

After our delicious dinner we headed to the gate to wait to leave.
Petey was ready to go :)
DSC_9840.JPG

Soon enough we were on the plane!
DSC_9842.JPG

Next up: finishing Day 1 (quick day!)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
That was one thing that I wanted to do on our trip last month, see Toy Story Land at night, but we never were able to make it work. Like you said, there's always next time.

One thing I was disappointed with was the Morning Extra Magic hours at TSL. They were only running one or two "dogs" on SDD, so the wait times were just as long (if not longer) than they were the rest of the day when then they were running all 3.

Its super cute and night so definitely worth going back :)
I guess I did not notice that they were running less "dogs" but it does make sense line wise

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Awe, thanks! We all thought you and your mom were sweet as well. I’m so happy we were able to meet you and your mom! I know what you mean about feeling like we’ve know each other forever even though we’d never met! My family really got a kick out of me finally meeting one of my Disney friends! Now we don’t have to make air quotes when I talk about my Disney “friends” because now that we’ve met they feel like I really am friends with you and your mom!
We never made it over to TSL at night. It looks like it had a great night time vibe. We’ll have to make that a priority on a future trip.
The bread service at Sanaa always looks so good. We’ve never been there but I’d love to try it. It is so hard to eat at new Disney restaurants when you also want to eat at old favorites!
How sad to be at the Orlando airport and not be on the way to Disney!

I know - it is always such a struggle to choose between a new restaurant and an old one. My Mom and I talk about that all the time!

Whew~ Finally caught up! Congrats on the house!

I love that you still visited 3 parks on your "off day" :hilarious:

Funny...we did not even notice we went to 3 until you just now pointed it out :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Wow....I am never this bad at finishing reports sorry!!
Day 8 July 16, 2018
We got up this morning and did some last minute packing :cry::cry:
After checking our luggage we decided to head to breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe. We did not have a reservation but it was no problem we were able to walk up.
DSC_0588.JPG

DSC_0591.JPG

We started off the the biscuits...
DSC_0595.JPG

I considered ordering the Steak and Eggs but ended up going with the pancakes
DSC_0597.JPG

My Mom had a Mickey waffle (shocker)
DSC_0598.JPG

She loves this because it comes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream :happy:
DSC_0599.JPG

My Mom said it looked like Mickey was bleeding :cry::hilarious:
DSC_0601.JPG

Breakfast was delicious but very filling - I could barely make it though one pancake!
We headed up to the room to say goodbye one more time :(
DSC_0604.JPG

Close up of the light :joyfull: - JK I think I was just trying to show you the vaulted ceiling
DSC_0605.JPG

Monorail station - one ticket to Magic Kingdom please!
DSC_0607.JPG

Next up: MK

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
We ended up rope dropping Aladdin for some reason :joyfull: It actually shut down but we stayed in line and it reopened again in another few minutes
DSC_0613.JPG

DSC_0614.JPG

DSC_0618.JPG

IMG_8014.JPG

After our ride I noticed that Aladdin and Jasmine had a short wait so we hopped in that line. They surprisingly spent a lot of time with us - seeing as how we are 2 adults. They made us plan out a parade for them but my Mom and I could not really remember the movie so I was just naming random animals :joyfull::joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_412490880758 (2).JPG

IMG_8023.JPG

After this we headed to the Sunglasses Hut because I wanted to check out the Ray Bans - which sadly were too big for my head :(
My Mom did get some super cute Mickey sunglasses (actually from a street vendor place) though :)
DSC_0621.JPG

DSC_0622.JPG

Next we headed to our first FP: Peter Pan's Flight!
DSC_0630.JPG

DSC_0632.JPG

Next up: more MK

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
IMG_8017.JPG

We ended up skipping our next FP in favor of meeting Pooh and Tigger because they were due to come out soon. SO cute!!
IMG_8022.JPG

We just love that meet and greet!
IMG_8021.JPG

Sadly, though, this was the end of the road for us and we had to head out of the park :(
DSC_0639.JPG

DSC_0640.JPG

DSC_0641.JPG

DSC_0644.JPG

We sat in the lobby for a few minutes before the Tragical Express came :cry::cry::cry:
IMG_8019.JPG

IMG_8024.JPG

IMG_8030.JPG

And just like that my amazing Birthday trip was over :cry::cry:

Thanks for following along!!!! :inlove::inlove:

susan lees

Day 8 continued
We ended up rope dropping Aladdin for some reason :joyfull: It actually shut down but we stayed in line and it reopened again in another few minutes
View attachment 311726
View attachment 311727
View attachment 311728
View attachment 311730
After our ride I noticed that Aladdin and Jasmine had a short wait so we hopped in that line. They surprisingly spent a lot of time with us - seeing as how we are 2 adults. They made us plan out a parade for them but my Mom and I could not really remember the movie so I was just naming random animals :joyfull::joyfull:
View attachment 311733
View attachment 311732
After this we headed to the Sunglasses Hut because I wanted to check out the Ray Bans - which sadly were too big for my head :(
My Mom did get some super cute Mickey sunglasses (actually from a street vendor place) though :)
View attachment 311734
View attachment 311735
Next we headed to our first FP: Peter Pan's Flight!
View attachment 311739
View attachment 311741

Next up: more MK
I have the same problem with ray bans. Oh and hats. Their always too big 😂😂😂.

susan lees

Day 8 continued
View attachment 311743
We ended up skipping our next FP in favor of meeting Pooh and Tigger because they were due to come out soon. SO cute!!
View attachment 311747
We just love that meet and greet!
View attachment 311746
Sadly, though, this was the end of the road for us and we had to head out of the park :(
View attachment 311750
View attachment 311751
View attachment 311752
View attachment 311754
We sat in the lobby for a few minutes before the Tragical Express came :cry::cry::cry:
View attachment 311745
View attachment 311756
View attachment 311760
And just like that my amazing Birthday trip was over :cry::cry:

Thanks for following along!!!! :inlove::inlove:
Last days are the worse but planning new trips is always my treatment for that 😊😊

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You were just slow to finish because you didn't want it to end... thanks for letting us tag along... I'm sure you are busy with your new home and trying to decorate all the things!

Very true...that really was such an amazing trip that I truly did not want it to end! :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yay another one down! Congrats on the house!! How exciting!!! Looks like another great trip for you and your mom! As always thanks for sharing!

Thank you! And thank you for reading :)

We had about a 40 minute FP wait for Flights of Passage when we were there in March. We spent most of it in that long, boring hallway :)

SO boring! Plus there is like no cell phone service down there!

Just finished reading the report. Happy Belated Birthday and Congratulations on the new home. Hope you are all settled in now.
I am gathering a few ideas from your birthday celebration for my daughter's sweet 16th celebration in November. Wish my family were early risers, I would definitely wake up at 5am to get into the parks. Thanks for taking us along and loving the pictures :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom