Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

DisneyDodo

Last I heard, there would be a coaster for Frozen in Paris. Comparing it to 7DMT rather than Everest would be closer to what it would be (a kiddie / "family"). But indeed, nothing official so wait&see
I believe it will actually use the same ride system as 7DMT

Goofyernmost

There’s always the popular stand-by lines.
I long for the good old days when there was one line, first come first served, no waiting while others, with random good luck, legally cut the line with the blessing of Disney. Oh, and btw, when you were next you actually were next. I don't believe that having FP, especially in its current form, saves anyone a minute of time overall. It has, however, created a whole lot of angry, frustrated, hot and tired Guests. Nothing that Disney has ever come up with has caused more discontent then that stupid cast system. They took a system that wasn't broken and shattered it to satisfy a few type A, entitled, that got conned into thinking they were literally zooming through the parks. In reality, the time saved on the few rides that they got a FP for, was wiped out by the increased stand-by times in the attractions that they couldn't get one for. It was literally, at best, a wash, if not in the red.

dennis-in-ct

We visited a couple weeks ago and I thought the land looks great - especially at night. The coaster was better than I thought and we were all impressed.

The characters made the area a lot of fun. The green army guys were out in force and added a lot of laughs and playfulness. For example, while walking out of midway mania my grandkid sneezed and I hear a “bless you” from an army guy who was posed in the foliage of the exit line. Hysterical.

The big “miss” is the lack of shade. It was seriously brutal. To offer shade to the area, I could envision an army toy figure - GI JOE guy - with a large parachute open over the walkway. Or Something similar... the area needs something. Or a big tinker toy with pieces that extend to offer shade.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@bioreconstruct...

074E5AA2-1F2D-4CA6-930E-9D598F58FB9F.jpeg

flyerjab

Where did you hear this? I have not seen a permit for this.

I was pretty certain that one of the editors from The DIS posted something about this already regarding a permit. I think it was Charles Boda, but it was not on their discussion forums. It was an article he wrote where I believe he referenced a permit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It needs some. I actually love the addition myself but there are some key misses. Shade being one of the primary ones. The eating area is another (it was woefully underdeveloped). I loved the rides and the atmosphere though. And the totchos!
Almost every area of the land except the attractions themselves is under review. They messed up big time. Now it’s time to mitigate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom