Disney and Jon Favreau Joining Forces on “The Lion King”

Suspirian

Thank you! I will never understand the fascination society has for such an untalented piece of trash. Every time I see her name or face, I actually want to vomit. It truly infuriates me how someone like her, a superficial fake, gets praise and acclaim left and right while more deserving artists are paid absolute DUST. Its disgusting.

you sound hurt :/

brb1006

The soundtrack for The Lion King (2019) has been released
h3z313zzo6d11.jpg

Princess Leia

So I’m watching the original now, and I really don’t think I can state it enough times that this film is practically perfect. The only changes I would make would be to expand Nala and Sarabi’s roles to where they were in the Broadway show.

The only reason I see for the remakes to exist is if they can tell a different story or improve upon the original, and I don’t see either situation needing to happen here.

Tony the Tigger

So I’m watching the original now, and I really don’t think I can state it enough times that this film is practically perfect. The only changes I would make would be to expand Nala and Sarabi’s roles to where they were in the Broadway show.

The only reason I see for the remakes to exist is if they can tell a different story or improve upon the original, and I don’t see either situation needing to happen here.

That's how I feel about Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. I'll never watch the Depp version. I don't want it to even taint my perception of the original!

Princess Leia

That's how I feel about Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. I'll never watch the Depp version. I don't want it to even taint my perception of the original!
Chocolate Factory is an interesting one, since I don’t believe either adaption has really gotten as weird as the books. They both had their moments, but I also think that they’re vastly different movies.

I know we’re in the age of remakes, but I want to say that 9 times out of 10, the remake doesn’t hold up to the original. There is a very good reason as to why we aren’t getting remakes for Casablanca or The Godfather- they’re perfect as it is. Beauty & the Beast and The Lion King are definitely the animated equivalent of what it means to be classic, and yet Disney chose to remake them. For every ‘Ocean’s 11’ there’s a ‘Pink Panther’- make the remake worth seeing, not a regret 10 minutes in.

(Off topic- as excited as I am for A Star Is Born, it would have been interesting if they mixed it up a bit; instead, I am 100% sure I know what’s going to happen to Bradley Cooper).

Tony the Tigger

Chocolate Factory is an interesting one, since I don’t believe either adaption has really gotten as weird as the books. They both had their moments, but I also think that they’re vastly different movies.

I know we’re in the age of remakes, but I want to say that 9 times out of 10, the remake doesn’t hold up to the original. There is a very good reason as to why we aren’t getting remakes for Casablanca or The Godfather- they’re perfect as it is. Beauty & the Beast and The Lion King are definitely the animated equivalent of what it means to be classic, and yet Disney chose to remake them. For every ‘Ocean’s 11’ there’s a ‘Pink Panther’- make the remake worth seeing, not a regret 10 minutes in.

(Off topic- as excited as I am for A Star Is Born, it would have been interesting if they mixed it up a bit; instead, I am 100% sure I know what’s going to happen to Bradley Cooper).

Ha!

While I love the song “Evergreen,” we watched the Barbra Streisand version recently and it was really boring.

I have very much gotten into the Judy Garland version thanks to TCM. The whole “I Was Born In A Trunk” megamedley is awesome, and there are some great emotional scenes.

I’ve even seen the original, non-musical version on TCM. Worth watching once.

I think the Gaga version will depend a lot on the soundtrack.

NateD1226

TheDisInsider is an Instagram account that always reports stuff about Disney movies. They are usually always right! So they are doing a Q&A right now and said some interesting stuff! (You might see this message on other threads lol)
1542584925051.png

erasure fan1

Looks utterly un-interesting. How can something be live action when it's all CGI? Major pass for me 🤢 Hope others enjoy it though
I loved the original lion king and it's still my favorite Disney animated film. All this is doing is changing the medium, it's still animated, and from the looks of this trailer its still the same movie. It is a hard pass for me in the theater. It might get a rental but that's it. I'm sure it won't be bad but I still don't see the need for it. Oh well, we have another 10yrs or more of this. Unless they start all over again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom