Website/MDE Major Errors (September 2018)

Princess Leia

Original Poster
I had a bit of stress today when a) I realized that Disney cancelled my FP+ for the day I'll be arriving early for the Halloween party and the day after, and then b) when the site glitched and I lost all records of my hotel room and FP+ on the app. Luckily, I can still see everything on my desktop, but it's all gone on the app. Currently, I just can't fix the FP+ situation, which shouldn't be causing stress, but still is. :in pain:

Is anyone else having problems?

The Mighty Tim

The app is malfunctioning for me at the moment, however logging into the website from my phone shows all my plans still in place. Also, when switching the app on, it says that they're aware of a problem.

Not sure if this related, but other people's photos from Buzz seem to have appeared in my Photopass. I'm sure I only tagged our photos at the end of the ride but perhaps I was mistaken.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
The app is malfunctioning for me at the moment, however logging into the website from my phone shows all my plans still in place. Also, when switching the app on, it says that they're aware of a problem.

Not sure if this related, but other people's photos from Buzz seem to have appeared in my Photopass. I'm sure I only tagged our photos at the end of the ride but perhaps I was mistaken.
I definitely ended up with strangers’ pictures for Space Mountain and Buzz last year. Space makes a little sense, since the ride vehicles are comprised of two cars. Buzz, not so much.

The Mighty Tim

Recently added photos have not yet appeared in my MDE so that suggests the problem is still ongoing.

I hope I can get them. I had my picture taken with Kylo Ren and I want to see it!

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

CALL. A good deal of the MDE public facing Website is DOWN, yet again, 9-11-2018. All browsers, all "Apps".
No need to flush cookies, use a different browser, or kill a chicken in the backyard, while chanting in Latin.....
It's just DEAD AGAIN. SHOCKED :).

In our case? WDW lost our current EMAIL, lost our XMAS PTY tickets.... and a CALL resolved this, with solid EMAIL delivery of a CONFIRMATION NUMBER - that we can PRINT, and take WITH US - for the NEXT WDW database failure. NOTE - the poor Call Center CM had to verbally GET current EMAIL, as HER contact system had "rolled back" :(.

When this latest crap-fest is over? PLEASE - check all of your personal account data... VERY likely that it has been corrupted :(.

And a NOTE: This is not a "glitch" - it's poor coding. "Glitch" is a charater in the Wizard of Oz series. PEOPLE, lacking skill, screw up computers. The Witch of the West did not do this.... :).

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I posted my horrible experience making FPs today on another thread - basically, it would randomly delete my family, crash (website on two different browsers and app), freeze, etc. Both the website and app have randomly had a note that they are suffering technical difficulties and are working to resolve them. Mine looks right as of now, other than saying that I'm currently staying at CR or POR (it randomly changes them) from today through the end of my trip in November...

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I posted my horrible experience making FPs today on another thread - basically, it would randomly delete my family, crash (website on two different browsers and app), freeze, etc. Both the website and app have randomly had a note that they are suffering technical difficulties and are working to resolve them. Mine looks right as of now, other than saying that I'm currently staying at CR or POR (it randomly changes them) from today through the end of my trip in November...
Best way to put this?

There IS no website. No Business level change control. That thing is a running experiment...

How to get the difference: does AMAZON do this to you? THAT is a serious BUSINESS WEBSITE.

Anders Limpar

Between holding and the actual conversation, I was on the phone for literally 2hrs and 1 min. The cast member I dealt with was wonderful and very helpful though. Still think the $2 bil would have been much more useful being spent on attractions.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Looks like I’m going to have to call today since all of my plans are still missing from the app (haven’t checked through the desktop yet).

My MagicBands are supposed to be finalized by tomorrow, so that’s making me a bit nervous.

Anders Limpar

Looks like I’m going to have to call today since all of my plans are still missing from the app (haven’t checked through the desktop yet).

My MagicBands are supposed to be finalized by tomorrow, so that’s making me a bit nervous.

Our groups fast passes are showing up for the one day I made them and then for yesterday as well where the cast member had to make them over the phone. Today, our fast pass reservations are showing up for both days but I can't do anything in terms of changing already existing fast passes or making new fast passes for Oct 12th. Guess I'll have to call after work tonight and repeat the same process over the phone as last night.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Our groups fast passes are showing up for the one day I made them and then for yesterday as well where the cast member had to make them over the phone. Today, our fast pass reservations are showing up for both days but I can't do anything in terms of changing already existing fast passes or making new fast passes for Oct 12th. Guess I'll have to call after work tonight and repeat the same process over the phone as last night.
I'm waiting on chat support now. Luckily, it's only a "4 1/2 minute" wait (that was 6 minutes ago and the time now says '3 minutes 3 seconds'). I've got my ticket confirmation numbers and the resort confirmation numbers ready.

I was able to change modify some FP+ for my friends, but my hands are tied when it comes to literally everything to do with me.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
This is the response I got on chat support:

"We apologize, unfortunately at this time, our system is still going through a magical enhancement that is affecting Guests’ ability to see previously linked tickets, make FastPass+ selections and see correct Family and Friends list information. We currently have not been notified of a resolution time. I would suggest that you come back later today or contact our Internet Help Desk, they can verify any itinerary information for you or assist you with attempting to make any FastPass+ selections."

So it looks like we're all stuck for a bit.

worldfanatic

This Thread actually makes me feel better.
I noticed this morning one of my tickets is no longer showing on the app, and some previously cancelled restaurant reservations are now showing again.
Kinda screwy.
But I'll wait a day to give them a call. Hopefully they'll solve their problems soon.

Deadly Danson

Have to say this is very annoying. It's bad enough that the best fastpasses vanish for the 60 day crowd but today was the first day of my 30 day window, everything was ready to get what I could at 12.00 (UK time) but 2 of our parties' tickets are no longer linked to their accounts and so we can't book any fastpasses. 2 hours 30 minutes of holding on the phone to Disney and the best they could do was to pass my details on to the Tech team. So one day of our holiday we will just have to make do with whatever fastpasses are left and who knows how long this will go on for. I know these things happen but when you are a huge corporation that bases your whole guest planning on this system it really isn't good enough. Disney tickets are phenomenally expensive (not to mention getting to and staying in Florida from the UK) and this really isn't acceptable. Still, trying to remain reasonable but I miss the old paper fastpasses.

Princess Leia

Original Poster
Have to say this is very annoying. It's bad enough that the best fastpasses vanish for the 60 day crowd but today was the first day of my 30 day window, everything was ready to get what I could at 12.00 (UK time) but 2 of our parties' tickets are no longer linked to their accounts and so we can't book any fastpasses. 2 hours 30 minutes of holding on the phone to Disney and the best they could do was to pass my details on to the Tech team. So one day of our holiday we will just have to make do with whatever fastpasses are left and who knows how long this will go on for. I know these things happen but when you are a huge corporation that bases your whole guest planning on this system it really isn't good enough. Disney tickets are phenomenally expensive (not to mention getting to and staying in Florida from the UK) and this really isn't acceptable. Still, trying to remain reasonable but I miss the old paper fastpasses.
It's been happening for at least 24 hours now, and there's no end time in sight. Fingers crossed that all will be resolved soon, but the cynical part of me highly doubts that the system is crashing due to 'magical enhancements'.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom