It's Official: Bugs Land closing Sept 4th.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Original Poster
so is it supposedly moving to Pixar pier or the Pixar campus?

MoonRaker mentions Pixar Pier and Magic Feather mentions Pixar Campus.

I'm hoping that it is actually Pixar Pier. I rather have the heimlich track put in the western helix then the Flick spinner mechanism.
The artwork showed that option at one point and it look much more interesting. a track that has elevated portions over the walkway would give the area a much better visual and if they can split the cars so that they are a bunch of individual 2 or four seat sections it would be better. They can easily be themed as memory balls and with some clever theming would be a fun idea.'

To bad they don't think out of the box because they can easily lengthen the track and having it go thru the fake lattice of the helix over the small unused section of water between the helix and silly symphony
Actually Moonraker mentioned Heimlich going to Pixar CAMPUS as well. Magic Feather indirectly confirmed it in a separate thread.

brb1006

DmbfJQPUUAARZ_g.jpg

SteamboatJoe

Someone really didn't think this one through from an optics standpoint. Few things say screw the environment more than a colorless billboard for a gigantic corporation that made lots of its money via the military industrial complex advertising that they are taking over and essentially squashing a quaint, little oasis inhabited by a bunch of colorful, helpless bugs enjoyed by children.

It's actually sort of weirdly poetic when you really think about it.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Someone really didn't think this one through from an optics standpoint. Few things say screw the environment more than a colorless billboard for a gigantic corporation that made lots of its money via the military industrial complex advertising that they are taking over and essentially squashing a quaint, little oasis inhabited by a bunch of colorful, helpless bugs enjoyed by children.

It's actually sort of weirdly poetic when you really think about it.

I’m really curious on how they will handle the entrance to Marvel Land off the main artery through DCA pictured above. They obviously need to take a soft approach and not have anything super industrial looking from that path. They need to keep it green and then the industrial stuff can start somewhere down the path near Fliks Fun Fair. With that said, it’s kind of hard to imagine what the area would look like if they demo ITTBAB. However, even that sounds like it’s up in the air.

TP2000

I'm afraid you may be overthinking it a bit.

Although, us Disney fans have a tendency to do that so you join a proud line of overthinkers, but still... :)

TP2000

I'm no insider but it could be just plain stark industries too.

The Ironman movies are the Marvel ones I have not seen, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Tony Stark is a combo Walt Disney/Henry Ford/Elon Musk type character who is fabulously wealthy and invents cool stuff, right? And he has a big campus, and hosts a World's Fair-esque technology exposition?

I Googled "Stark Industries Campus" and came up with these images. Apparently his tech campus and industrial complex?

Stark-International-01.jpg

And apparently Mr. Stark has a connection with Wakanda and Black Panther? That's seems very convenient. ;)

stark-international_b.png

Curious Constance

The Ironman movies are the Marvel ones I have not seen, so correct me if I'm wrong, but Tony Stark is a combo Walt Disney/Henry Ford/Elon Musk type character who is fabulously wealthy and invents cool stuff, right? And he has a big campus, and hosts a World's Fair-esque technology exposition?

I Googled "Stark Industries Campus" and came up with these images. Apparently his tech campus and industrial complex?

And apparently Mr. Stark has a connection with Wakanda and Black Panther? That's seems very convenient. ;)

Before he became Iron Man he made all his money selling bombs to bad people.

By the way, I recently got a new IPhone update, and they have a straight up legit TP2000 emoji! Check it out 🧐

TP2000

And the Stark Industries campus is connected via these monorail pods? Would be fun to get a PeopleMover type ride back with this "grand circle tour" of the Stark campus!

Stark-International-05.jpg

Or these more traditional suspended monorail at his World's Fair site?

1266_Set_Ext_Stark_Expo_Sky_090402_V001_ExpoAerialLow_DroneChase_JB.jpg

I'm thinking I should check Netflix or Amazon for these Ironman movies. Seems like WDI has quite a bit of material to work with if "Stark Industries" is taking over A Bug's Land instead of the Avengers theme and low capacity coaster ride that was cancelled per the neighbor lady.

mickEblu

And the Stark Industries campus is connected via these monorail pods? Would be fun to get a PeopleMover type ride back with this "grand circle tour" of the Stark campus!

I'm thinking I should check Netflix or Amazon for these Ironman movies. Seems like WDI has quite a bit of material to work with if "Stark Industries" is taking over A Bug's Land instead of the Avengers theme and low capacity coaster ride that was cancelled per the neighbor lady.

These all look great TP. Perhaps you could lend your services to WDI or maybe help budget this? I can almost guarantee we won’t get anything near this ambitious.

nevol

Maybe we should merge this thread with the marvel one? Cut it off after #203? The better Marvel content is here in the bug's land closing thread, when we are not having the same conversation in both.

In any event, best case scenario we get an IP-driven Tomorrowland at DCA! Stark Expo, Stark Industries (campus). Worse case scenario we get a corny meet n' greet.

dweezil78

He (or rather daddy Stark) even has a 'Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow' type theme penned by Richard Sherman! I love this track so much.

mickEblu

I don’t really think that Stark industries taking over Fliks Fun Fair makes it any less likely we get an Avengers Coaster. We already have the monstrosity MB towering over the land. They’ll probably take the “Neighborhood” appproach from Pixar Pier except with a bigger budget and better transitions.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being the West Coast Avengers campus built by Stark Industries. MCU has already hinted at the West Coast Avengers at the end of Black Panther, which will likely be a Phase 4 movie. So its not that far of a leap to see they may be doing the same thing with this campus idea at DCA.

Also watch Iron Man 2 if you want to see the Stark Expo which was inspired by the 1964 World's Fair.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom