Main Street Electrical Parade

geekza

Just ordered a copy of this to add to my growing collection of records centered around park attractions! There's a rarer one that was for the Water Pageant and has the patriotic music at the end, but I haven't found one yet. Someday!
mseplp-jpg.310736

Attachments

• MSEPlp.jpg
    MSEPlp.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 361

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The sad thing is I went HD and was prepared to give the parade my treatment the year the DEP arrived for its “limited” engagement.

Since you mentioned this... The question I was going to ask but was going to wait until you were back home - Have you made the jump to/investment in 4K now? Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since you mentioned this... The question I was going to ask but was going to wait until you were back home - Have you made the jump to/investment in 4K now? Inquiring minds want to know. :cool:
Almost. It’s just my camera to replace now. I’ve one in mind but am waiting for proper reviews (it was delayed). A lot of my footage is now currently sourced in 4K.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Almost. It’s just my camera to replace now. I’ve one in mind but am waiting for proper reviews (it was delayed). A lot of my footage is now currently sourced in 4K.

Martin's videos in glorious 4K goodness on my TV? That will be a happy day. :) I can't see spending the money necessary to upgrade my PC with a 4K-capable video card and monitor, so the TV is where I watch any 4K content.

geekza

Martin's videos in glorious 4K goodness on my TV? That will be a happy day. :) I can't see spending the money necessary to upgrade my PC with a 4K-capable video card and monitor, so the TV is where I watch any 4K content.
Yeah, you'd have to have a pretty large monitor for 4K to even make any discernible difference from 1080p. People who are buying tiny 4K (and even 8K) monitors are throwing away their money.

mm52200

I don’t see how DHS would ever get PTN, unless it was temporary like Pixar Fest. With Soundsational and WoC returning next year, Pixar Plays future unknown and Galaxies Edge opening... maybe WDW might pick up Pixar Fest?

As for MKs parade route is it possible the Mac float could fit if it didn’t go around the hub and instead cut through on the left side of the hub onto the Liberty Square Bridge? I know that would cut off a lot of the viewing area.
It’s not about width of the route, it’s the turns. What direction it approaches the bridge, or turns after it comes off the bridge really doesn’t make a difference.

brb1006

The sad thing is I went HD and was prepared to give the parade my treatment the year the DEP arrived for its “limited” engagement.
Even sadder is that the Spectromen just gotten a costume upgrade where they had more visible faces due to the lighting during it's final two years.

geekza

Here's a bit of fun from back when the Disney Channel had worthwhile programming. It's a behind-the-scenes special about the MSEP. If you're not a fan of 1980's cheese, then this isn't for you, but it's full of awesome footage of the parade, the floats, and the work that went into them. Enjoy!

FigmentFan82

Yeah, you'd have to have a pretty large monitor for 4K to even make any discernible difference from 1080p. People who are buying tiny 4K (and even 8K) monitors are throwing away their money.
While yes, a smaller sized 4K TV will sort of defeat the purpose of having the increased resolution, the greater benefit of 4K comes from HDR being able to produce richer and truer colors. After all, something that's in 4K doesn't necessarily mean it's going to look good, just that it has a higher pixel resoliution, but something shot well with 4K HDR, that will pop!

geekza

While yes, a smaller sized 4K TV will sort of defeat the purpose of having the increased resolution, the greater benefit of 4K comes from HDR being able to produce richer and truer colors. After all, something that's in 4K doesn't necessarily mean it's going to look good, just that it has a higher pixel resoliution, but something shot well with 4K HDR, that will pop!
Yup. As long as it was shot or processed for HDR, the colors definitely make a difference. They make 1080p monitors that have HDR, too, but you don't see them as much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom