Being redirected to another site on mobile.

GlacierGlacier

This is happening more and more often for me. I won't even see an ad, it just automatically redirects me to a new page with 'You've one an apple product!' and completely disable my back button. On mobile on the form. I've also had some that pop up on the right side of the screen and scroll with me, preventing me from reading some posts until I close it. It's quite unruly.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is happening more and more often for me. I won't even see an ad, it just automatically redirects me to a new page with 'You've one an apple product!' and completely disable my back button. On mobile on the form. I've also had some that pop up on the right side of the screen and scroll with me, preventing me from reading some posts until I close it. It's quite unruly.
Completing this would be really helpful.

https://freestar.io/bad-ads/

Thanks!

slappy magoo

Just thought I would bump this... I have been getting these redirects occasionally, but today is exceptionally bad. Anytime I go to any forum page or thread I get redirected to a Facebook ad with audio saying "congratulations." I used to just open a new tab and it would be fine, but today no matter what I do it wouldn't let me read anything.

After a quick Google search, I found this site with instructions on how to stop it:https://www.androidpolice.com/2017/11/08/heres-protect-rogue-redirect-ads-right-now-chrome/

Still... I am getting the redirect blocked multiple times on every page. I've attached an image of it. Just thought I would share!
I gave this a shot and it seems to work. My browser actually alerted me that a page is trying to block or override what I'm trying to look at (see image). You do have to quit out of your browser after you enable it for it to work.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-171128_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180515-171128_Chrome.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

Hobnail Boot

I gave this a shot and it seems to work. My browser actually alerted me that a page is trying to block or override what I'm trying to look at (see image). You do have to quit out of your browser after you enable it for it to work.
Yeah, I followed the instructions on that one site I linked to and it has stopped it. Still, seeing the redirect blocked alert at the bottom all the time is annoying but better than being redirected!

esskay

Had this happening all over the site this week, ironically including as I tried writing this message. It first redirects to what I think was a w2tracking.com link followed by this spammy fake advert:

Last edited by a moderator:

SteamboatJoe

Getting a warning from Avast about a phishing attempt by some redirect on the mobile site (Android, Chrome browser). Maybe another bad ad?
Screenshot_20180817-124651.png

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

One way to combat bad ads on your phone is to get a system wide adblocker. I use Adguard on my Android, but I use a modified version so it didn't cost anything. Just search "Adguard premium apk" on google and it will come up. You will have to enable unknown sources in settings to be able to install it. I think you can get adblockers on iOS as well, but you have to download them from the web because they aren't in the App Store.
Using an adblocker deprives @wdwmagic of the revenue that keeps this site functional and free.

Mike730

There has been a recent uptick on this issue again, apologies to those of you affected. It is typically worse at the end of a quarter, which is where we are now.
Please complete https://freestar.io/bad-ads/ if possible, thanks!
Worse than it’s ever been, today! Can’t use the app at all. It happens on every thread. Also wanted to mention that I can’t seem to find the help thread on the app without first clicking a specific forum and then clicking forums on the title tree to return to the mobile web browser version of the site.

Just an FYI. Thanks for addressing this.

Last edited:

Fpsphil

redirect ads are terrible the past 24 hours. I keep getting redirected to ad pages with sound as well. Going to regretfully have to enable my adblocker for this site until it is resolved

Attachments

• 4812AF4A-5EAF-4D70-8238-FA0E98F98214.png
    4812AF4A-5EAF-4D70-8238-FA0E98F98214.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 90

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom