AVATAR land coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

sedati

This is the exact opposite of what Animal Kingdom represents, or maybe they should just give everyone on the safari ride rifles. give. me. a. break. bulldozing swampland and killing all the wildlife there so we can create audio animatronic animals we can pretend shoot and kill? this is just wrong on so many levels! but thanks for the chuckle...

Did you read the whole paragraph you quoted? I whole-heartily agree the sentiment of your response , but think you missed what I was actually trying to suggest.

Animal Kingdom is about living with nature, not living outside of it. That does involve taking from it as well. The Navi don't have a Whole Foods. They hunt and they kill as did our own ancestors and as do some today- by necessity. The scene in the film is exciting, but there is a clear emphasis on showing how the Navi hunt strategically, sustainably, and with compassion. There is also a sense of genuine danger and concequences- risking one's own life so others can live. This isn't about trophy hunting which is deplorable. They use "every part of the buffalo," getting the most out of the life they have taken. It is a complex lesson to teach, but not a bad one either. The fantasy setting of Pandora would help soften the blow of such a mature scenario, and Animal Kingdom does seem to be a park that can handle such a topic.

My pitch was brief, and I was imaging an experience where we only along for the ride in a rather insane field trip where we are shown the hard facts of a more primal existence. It would be in bad taste to have the guests actually targeting and killing the animals- this wasn't my intention though I can see how someone might think I was proposing a far more dire version of Space Ranger Spin.

I still think such an attraction could have merit- let visitors know that not every meal comes as easy as one at Flame Tree BBQ.

Anyway, here's the scene, sorry I couldn't find one of better quality:

For a scenario that uses no weapons and yet is somehow more disturbing, perhaps there is a Pandoran equivalent of the Rocky Mountain Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo-Jump:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-Smashed-In_Buffalo_Jump

S 2

Did you read the whole paragraph you quoted? I whole-heartily agree the sentiment of your response , but think you missed what I was actually trying to suggest.

Animal Kingdom is about living with nature, not living outside of it. That does involve taking from it as well. The Navi don't have a Whole Foods. They hunt and they kill as did our own ancestors and as do some today- by necessity. The scene in the film is exciting, but there is a clear emphasis on showing how the Navi hunt strategically, sustainably, and with compassion. There is also a sense of genuine danger and concequences- risking one's own life so others can live. This isn't about trophy hunting which is deplorable. They use "every part of the buffalo," getting the most out of the life they have taken. It is a complex lesson to teach, but not a bad one either. The fantasy setting of Pandora would help soften the blow of such a mature scenario, and Animal Kingdom does seem to be a park that can handle such a topic.

My pitch was brief, and I was imaging an experience where we only along for the ride in a rather insane field trip where we are shown the hard facts of a more primal existence. It would be in bad taste to have the guests actually targeting and killing the animals- this wasn't my intention though I can see how someone might think I was proposing a far more dire version of Space Ranger Spin.

I still think such an attraction could have merit- let visitors know that not every meal comes as easy as one at Flame Tree BBQ.

Anyway, here's the scene, sorry I couldn't find one of better quality:

For a scenario that uses no weapons and yet is somehow more disturbing, perhaps there is a Pandoran equivalent of the Rocky Mountain Head-Smashed-In-Buffalo-Jump:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-Smashed-In_Buffalo_Jump

Then I did misinterpret your post, you make excellent points.

matt9112

good news as Pandora has helped set record attendance at both DAK and WDW
great news for future of the parks

your right I mean when being the most visited theme park in the world (MK) isn't enough lol.
I didn't think the parks were doing bad attendance wise....only quality wise.

tnemgif

The entire land was closed for the first 2 hours. Both rides have been closed all day (it’s 2:30 now). Seems like a big deal?

These poor CMs!

Last edited:

JeffH

The whole park is insanely georgious, and Pandora and Rivers of Light are the icing. These took a park that was routinely empty by 5pm, to a park crowded until closing (comfortably crowded).

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It is still avail for breakfast but wont be made after, you can order them after breakfast and they will make them for you fresh but you may have to wait up to 8 mins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom