runDisney Star Wars Events

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
rD is really going to have to improve the process before registration opens for the 2020 races. Demand will be high as Galaxy's Edge will be open and lots of people will want to be able to run through it.

NormC

I chose light side. The whole process was very tedious. I had to do 5 people, one race at a time. They should just let you link your reservation and check a box for each event a guest is doing and then total it up at the end. I am doing a half in October for my time data. I also signed up for the virtual.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I chose light side. The whole process was very tedious. I had to do 5 people, one race at a time. They should just let you link your reservation and check a box for each event a guest is doing and then total it up at the end. I am doing a half in October for my time data. I also signed up for the virtual.

You can register more than one at a time. You just select register another at the bottom. But I noticed that function didn't pop up for me this time. Princess was a lot smoother.

NormC

I did that but it was still tedious. It would have been simpler to select a guest and then choose which events that guest is doing or at the top allow you to select more than one event per guest. Instead you have to do each guest and each event separately. Emails, phones, Guardians etc multiple times.

Last edited:

NormC

If I am signed up for Rival run challenge and Virtual Half does that mean I am in the Kessel Run?
I see Kessel as a separate item on the information page but it is not clear what it is. I did not see it as a choice when registering.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
If I am signed up for Rival run challenge and Virtual Half does that mean I am in the Kessel Run?
I see Kessel as a separate item but it is not clear what it is.

I didn't see Kessel as a separate item in the drop down list. But the email I received indicated I was registered for the Kessel and the amount charged to my credit card for the Virtual matches the Kessel fee of $69, plus the 6.6% processing fee. Was very confusing. Last year you selected Kessel separate from the Virtual.

Texas84

How?

It had zero crashes or capacity problems during the registration for Princess weekend. And now it goes down because the AP/DVC early registration? Hardly enough people to cause any problem at all, compared to the other registration moments.

@Figment82 you ran 4 half marathons while pregnant? I do maybe two a year, max. Respect.

Maybe not capacity issues but poor programming? Switched to Firefox and it worked.

RunningKoen

Maybe not capacity issues but poor programming? Switched to Firefox and it worked.
Chrome worked fine for my during Marathon and Princess. Why would they change it suddenly? It worked smooth for Princess, no need for a change.
As @LAKid53 mentioned, some buttons (registering someone else) didnt show either.

Thank you! Luckily, 3 of them were during the first trimester. I had to give up on long distances shortly after Star Wars. Now I just need to get back at it to prepare for W&D!

3 half marathons in a 3 mond period is impressive even without a baby ;-)

LAKid53

Premium Member
So the usual suspects will be running? Are we gonna use this thread now or continue with the old one?

Wolf43

I registered for the rival challenge and the 5k. I missed the link for the Kessel challenge. If I go back and register for the virtual run, would that also register me for the Kessel since I’m already register for rival challenge?

Texas84

I registered for the rival challenge and the 5k. I missed the link for the Kessel challenge. If I go back and register for the virtual run, would that also register me for the Kessel since I’m already register for rival challenge?
Yes!

tribbleorlfl

Cool that we could pick which side. Does that mean our race shirts will be geared towards light or dark?
I was wondering the same thing, so I actually called RunDisney (my biggest concern was if I selected Dark Side and my wife Light, we could end up in different colors or something).

The woman I talked to said it's a big marketing push and obviously working because she had been fielding calls on what it meant all day. She said they haven't been told exactly what was entailed, but figured it would be differentiated bibs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom