Official Halloween Horror Nights 2018 thread

Animaniac93-98

Map:

DlIj4c7UwAUeGmz.jpg

HwdStudio

We are going to be at universal oct 25-27 is it worth it to do halloween horror nights? It’s on my bucket list but we will have our 7 year olds and I am not sure they could handle how scary it might be. Anyone know of reasonable day care for nite time?
I woulldnt take the 7 year olds.

JoeCamel

We are going to be at universal oct 25-27 is it worth it to do halloween horror nights? It’s on my bucket list but we will have our 7 year olds and I am not sure they could handle how scary it might be. Anyone know of reasonable day care for nite time?
Late reply but park the kids in one of the care centers, they will have a blast. Go yourselves and enjoy the event! No place for kids here so you save by not buying them tickets. Kid Care does have a price though, you wouldn't want to leave them at the lowest price vendor right?

britlightyear

I realize the houses will have long lines but what are the attraction lines like? We are going one night and have very little interest in the haunted houses themselves, we just want to ride Gringotts as much as possible, hoping most of the crowds will be in the rest of the park.

raven

I realize the houses will have long lines but what are the attraction lines like? We are going one night and have very little interest in the haunted houses themselves, we just want to ride Gringotts as much as possible, hoping most of the crowds will be in the rest of the park.
Funny you should ask that. Last year there were a LOT of guests asking about Gringotts. I imagine it isn’t terribly too bad but it’s still Gringotts. Rip Ride can get up to an hour wait though.

JoeCamel

There are times during the night when you can have DA mostly to yourself. Leaky is open and EFG is mostly a walk on.. That would be the night to do it.

DRD

How much of the fencing and effects are up during the day on the event dates? Do they restrict any other areas of the park or is it just the ones outlined in the map for the ticketed event?

We'd planned on going back into the park for Diagon Alley and/or Hogsmeade one of the nights with an 11 and 7 year old...think we'd encounter any scary areas?

JoeCamel

How much of the fencing and effects are up during the day on the event dates? Do they restrict any other areas of the park or is it just the ones outlined in the map for the ticketed event?

We'd planned on going back into the park for Diagon Alley and/or Hogsmeade one of the nights with an 11 and 7 year old...think we'd encounter any scary areas?
During the day it has halloween decoration and some props are covered/removed so nothing gory. The kids will be fine during the day but not after 5. I would not take them after HHN starts at night, it is very scary, so unless they are raised on horror movies it would not be appropiate

DRD

During the day it has halloween decoration and some props are covered/removed so nothing gory. The kids will be fine during the day but not after 5. I would not take them after HHN starts at night, it is very scary, so unless they are raised on horror movies it would not be appropiate

Thanks for the response. My understanding is Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade should be free from the scary stuff, correct?

JoeCamel

Thanks for the response. My understanding is Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade should be free from the scary stuff, correct?
Yes but they are at the very back of the parks. Hogsmeade will only have holiday decorations but you have to pass through scarezones to get to DA

mergatroid

Original Poster

As @JoeCamel has said, you'll have to pass through the scare zones to get there. The park is dark and eerily lit and feels completely different to how it normally does at night during HHN. Whilst the scare zones aren't as intimidating as the houses are, they may still be too intense for children. Here's an example of scare zones from previous years

mergatroid

Original Poster
A quick question for locals. We always used to stay at my dads place off route 27 in all our previous visits so when leaving Universal would just follow signs to I4 West when leaving. He's sold up now so this year we're staying at a hotel on International Drive very close to where Wet n Wild used to be. We're so close to Universal you can see it from the hotel but upon leaving Universal which is the best way to go (as in what signs to follow) to return to it?

I'm trying to avoid getting on and off I4 and coming back on myself but rather just using Universal Boulevard to cross the I4 and join International Drive at the junction?

star77kc1

Super random question here. I’ve never been to HHN, and honestly don’t like to be THAT scared...however, I LOVE “Stranger Things” and want to come mostly just to see that one house and maybe experience a few rides. Are there any “safe zones” or places to walk around scare zones? If not, I may not attend, but thought it was worth an ask.

JoeCamel

Super random question here. I’ve never been to HHN, and honestly don’t like to be THAT scared...however, I LOVE “Stranger Things” and want to come mostly just to see that one house and maybe experience a few rides. Are there any “safe zones” or places to walk around scare zones? If not, I may not attend, but thought it was worth an ask.
Unwritten rule is if you stay on the sidewalk they won't come after you but some places there are no sidewalks.. Go, have fun, remember they are not allowed to touch you.

JT3000

There's plenty of safe zones, but there's no way of traversing the park without going through some scare zones. Even getting to Stranger Things, which is near the front of the park, requires going through a scare zone. Of course, the house will probably be worse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom