News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Alrighty then. What I’VE got from all this is that
1. Permanent security structures are expensive and quickly useless
2. Temporary security structures are ugly but do the job
3. Disney security is about as effective and efficient as the TSA
4. Like Europe, Universal is better at security
5. MOST IMPORTANTLY: the character/animal topiaries need to return to WDW in large numbers.
Did I miss anything important?
You forgot unions having a stranglehold over Disney.

PorterRedkey

My wife has two surgically repaired knees and walking is painful for her, but when she goes to Disney that's what she expects to do. People want Disney World to become bigger and better, but then aren't willing to accept the sacrifices that go with larger parks.
It is what it is.
My back/leg is my problem. I don't expect Disney to change their parks around to help fix my issues.

I want WDW to become better before it gets bigger. :)

Kman101

Not defending them, I'm often very critical on some things. They were declining. I'd argue they've attempted to increase the look of the food. Quality is subjective. And so is a park being dirty. To me they aren't "declining" (they declined a long time ago, realistically), it's just not consistent.

It's really nice seeing vloggers go to other parks and be gobsmacked about how things should really be run.

Iger isn't the be all end all (but it's easy to hold the main man responsible, when WDW is just a blip on his radar, if on it at all)

Local management is to blame for how things are run in the Swamps.

(I'm agreeing with you on the overall decline, but I do see moments of "better" than it seems to slip. It's not consistent. One day I see like three janitorial castmembers hovering around the same trashcan and then another day you could find it overflowing; you need to look deeper to see the real issues; trash and dirty bathrooms happen but I wish they were better about keeping up with it; I'm realistic in this regard)

eddie104

Some things at the parks definitely need to be updated and some are in the process of doing just that like the entrances to the park. Some times when people complain they are being very nit picky because when I see videos of the park I don't see this decaying broken down park that certain individuals claim to see. Exaggeration is huge problem and annoyance on social media that really becomes an echo chamber if your not taking action to change things.

Kman101

Some things at the parks definitely need to be updated and some are in the process of doing just that like the entrances to the park. Some times when people complain they are being very nit picky because when I see videos of the park I don't see this decaying broken down park that certain individuals claim to see. Exaggeration is huge problem and annoyance on social media that really becomes an echo chamber if your not taking action to change things.

Well, as "superfans" we are a nitpicky bunch. I'm sure you have a lot of things you nitpick that maybe you don't even realize is being "nitpicky".

It's a discussion board. We pick apart everything. Is what it is. I still enjoy the place :)

But I do agree sometimes there's a vast exaggeration. I also think people worry too much about an overflowing trashcan or a dirty bathroom. You also have to be realistic. The park isn't decaying and falling apart. It's come along way, actually from say 10 years ago. The other problem is because of how stagnated things became, we're all just impatient for things to 'get better'. When in reality, a lot has changed over the last 10 years.

You also can't look at things through rose colored glasses. Not everything is perfect but not everything is quite as bad as it sometimes is made out to be.

Personally I think I'm fair on them. I criticize when I feel necessary and praise when I feel necessary. Most of us are more fair than not.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sometimes you can’t tell from videos if a comlaint is valid or not.

EricsBiscuit

I agree with you there. Iger is constantly building more and more at Walt Disney World and does not need to. All he is doing is expand, expand, expand, meanwhile Food quality, cleanliness and customer service has declined every year for several years.

Iger is very bad for Walt's original vision.

And the attack countdown begins because I dared criticize Disney...
Is it he expands too much or too little. You can't have it both ways

tissandtully

A bridge is needed here so that people coming off the monorail at Epcot can walk straight into the secure area. This would save them thousands of bagchecks every day:

View attachment 304592
This 100%, there's nothing more annoying than waiting in a security line at the Poly, transferring at the TTC, then walking down and waiting another 15 minutes at Epcot bag check only because monorail and bus traffic mix at this entrance, even a temporary solution could fix this problem for the moment.

pdude81

By not putting a hotel in front of it?
I was kind of hoping they would chop up that they would chop up the small taxi/bus lot over near the seas and drop a hotel with an elevated monorail walkway on it. At least that's one less place to spend money at

Kman101

So it says "at all the other parks", no? Hasn't the MK already sort of received their facelift? Would MK's be better ("permanent") security and tram area at the TTC? Paint? Personally updating the look of the TTC would better improve the guest's arrival :)

What about Animal Kingdom? Is this just about making security "look better" and having it be more comfortable?

Just wondering what all it could entail since we already know what it means for DHS (who needed the parking area/bus/tool boths overhaul). Are they all getting improved entrance ticket booths?

I know they can't spell it all out for us but sometimes it'd be nice. That's why we speculate and armchair so much.

peter11435

So it says "at all the other parks", no? Hasn't the MK already sort of received their facelift? Would MK's be better ("permanent") security and tram area at the TTC? Paint? Personally updating the look of the TTC would better improve the guest's arrival :)

What about Animal Kingdom? Is this just about making security "look better" and having it be more comfortable?

Just wondering what all it could entail since we already know what it means for DHS (who needed the parking area/bus/tool boths overhaul). Are they all getting improved entrance ticket booths?

I know they can't spell it all out for us but sometimes it'd be nice. That's why we speculate and armchair so much.
The Magic Kingdom main entrance as well as the TTC are both In desperate need of an extreme makeover. Neither has received a recent facelift. The magic kingdom main entrance is Not adequatly designer to handle today’s crowds and security needs. The TTC suffers from years of neglect and datednese as well as needing upgrades for crowd flow and security. Both will be coming.

Kman101

The Magic Kingdom main entrance as well as the TTC are both In desperate need of an extreme makeover. Neither has received a recent facelift. The magic kingdom main entrance is Not adequatly designer to handle today’s crowds and security needs. The TTC suffers from years of neglect and datednese as well as needing upgrades for crowd flow and security. Both will be coming.

Thank you Peter! And I agree. Both are in desperate need. It made sense but I wasn't sure they were thinking what I was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom