Official Halloween Horror Nights 2018 thread

mergatroid

Original Poster
Got our Frequent Fear passes today so I thought "Let's have an official HHN thread to share any info" :cool:

Houses this year so far

Stranger Things

Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

Trick ‘r Treat

Slaughter Sinema

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
Seeds of Extinction

Poltergeist

Halloween 4

The Horrors of Blumhouse

Scary Tales

Halloween Horror Nights 2018 – scare zones

The Harvest

Guests will make their way into a sinister barn, which will be outfitted with props and images from each of the 10 haunted houses and which will be populated with “foul and decreipt creatures” that are looking to reap a harvest of – what else? – flesh and screams. (Yum!)

Vamp ’85: New Year’s Eve

A sequel, in more ways than one, to HHN 2016’s Vamp ’55 scare zone, Vamp ’85: New Year’s Eve continues the fun, nostalgic take on vampires and moves the action to a New Year’s Eve party; as the ball drops, Universal promises, a whole slew of different blood-suckers will descend upon you, including ravenous punks, big-haired material girls, and metal heads.

Twisted Tradition

Universal’s now-obligatory Jack-o-lantern-infused scare zone, Twisted Tradition puts a – well – twist on the tradition by first fusing the pumpkins with human flesh and then making them all be in the midst of decomposing. Most interestingly, the company promises that the only light in the area will come from these rotting, mutated Jack-o-lanterns. Sounds fun!

Revenge of Chucky

Chucky returns yet again to Halloween Horror Nights, this time as the conductor of a toy fair-turned-bloodbath. A nostalgic assortment of possessed toys will stalk guests down the streets of Universal Studios Florida as the diminutive serial killer looks to finally get his revenge.

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

The 1980s cult classic arrives in scare-zone form, as the Killer Klowns welcome you into their big-top tent and attempt to transform you into tasty blood-soaked cotton candy (hey – what else are interstellar carnival clowns supposed to eat?).

Scare zone descriptions courtesy of Orlando Informer Blog

Last edited:

mergatroid

Original Poster
Still no sign of Pennywise? The top dog right now in the horror genre?

Uni, you are missing an opportunity.

Saw the new version of 'It' for the first time a few weeks back and my first thought was "That could be a great house at HHN". I've also always fancied a 'Penny Dreadful' house though the longer they leave it, the less likely it probably is as they scrapped the show after 3 seasons.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Any idea why only 1 show this year? We loved Bill & Ted and after the disappointment of it ending we were looking forward to something new to replace it :oops:

raven

Any idea why only 1 show this year? We loved Bill & Ted and after the disappointment of it ending we were looking forward to something new to replace it :oops:
Academy of Villians is slotted to use the Fear Factor theater for this year’s HHN. They had auditions for actors, singers and dancers for HHN this year separately. So it’s possible something hasn’t been announced yet.

CraftyFox

I' m really excited for the Poltergeist and Trick 'r' Treat themed houses. Those look really great, and open a lot of new possibilities for scares and set design.

Last edited:

Msinnott43

We are going to be at universal oct 25-27 is it worth it to do halloween horror nights? It’s on my bucket list but we will have our 7 year olds and I am not sure they could handle how scary it might be. Anyone know of reasonable day care for nite time?

mergatroid

Original Poster
We are going to be at universal oct 25-27 is it worth it to do halloween horror nights? It’s on my bucket list but we will have our 7 year olds and I am not sure they could handle how scary it might be. Anyone know of reasonable day care for nite time?

Sorry can't recommend any childcare, but I will say HHN probably isn't the place for 7 year olds as you've already realised. It's not just the frights that are unsuitable, but there's adult humour, swearing, people drinking heavily and some slightly risque costumes worn in certain areas of the park on the night.

JoeCamel

I don't know childcare either but call guest relations and they can help. I think there are "clubs" at the resorts that your kids would love for the night. Supervised etc.
DO NOT take 7 year olds to HHN!

danpam1024

Ask the concierge. There are sitting services that come to the room. It's been a LONG time since my son was little, but we used Fairygodmothers and Kid's Nite Out. The sitters are amazing, they bring books/games/movies, and are certified in CPR. It is a little pricey, but worth the peace of mind.

danpam1024

Still no sign of Pennywise? The top dog right now in the horror genre?

Uni, you are missing an opportunity.
The "old" version of the movie came out in 1990 and was set in 1960, it doesn't fit in the 1980s theme. Besides we have enough Klowns (I really hate clowns :eek:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom